2009 Preakness Odds: Pioneerof The Nile Expected to Contend at 6/1 Odds

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

2009 Preakness Odds: Pioneerof The Nile Expected to Contend at 6/1 Odds

Pioneerof The Nile will be looking for a measure of revenge when he runs in the 2009 Preakness Stakes after finishing second behind 50/1 long shot Mine That Bird in the 2009 Kentucky Derby.

Bet The 2009 Preakness Stakes

Pioneerof The Nile was one of the favorites to win the Kentucky Derby two weeks ago, but finished second to massive long shot Mine That Bird, who is confirmed to run in the 134th running of the Preakness Stakes.

Viewing his recent race history, it’s understandable why oddsmakers from online sports book Sports Interaction have established Pioneerof The Nile’s odds at 6/1 to win the Preakness Stakes. Entering the Kentucky Derby on May 2, the 3-year old colt won his previous four races. He won the CashCall Futurity on December 13 of 2008, and then won his first three races of 2009, which included the Robert B. Lewis (February 14), the San Felipe (March 14) and the Santa Anita Derby (April 5).

He also won on August 14 of last year at the Maiden Special Weight at Saratoga.

While previewing the Preakness Stakes odds, Pioneerof The Nile will face his stiffest challenges from Rachel Alexandra (3/2) and Mine That Bird (7/2), although Musket Man (8/1) and General Quarters (9/1) are two thoroughbreds worth mentioning, too.

Bet The 2009 Preakness Stakes

http://www.thespread.com/sports-betting-top-stories-900/2009-preakness-odds-pioneerof-the-nile-expected-to-contend-at-6-1.html

Posted : May 14, 2009 12:01 pm
Share: