Clear all

Post or Email Ideas for a Basketball Contest

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

We are looking to start a contest that starts the day after Super Bowl that covers NBA and College Basketball. We bumped around a couple ideas but nothing really set my world on fire so I figured I would pose it to the masses.

If you were going to play in a basketball contest at TheSpread.com with the prizes being TheSpread.com t-shirts what kind of format would you like?

From our standpoint we only care about 2 things

1) I want to give away as many shirts as possible (within reason)
2) It needs to be easy to update and score since it will be done by hand

Lets hear some ideas!

If you don't feel comfortable posting you can always email us using the CONTACT US link at the top of every page.

Posted : January 19, 2009 9:55 am
(@denbama)

I wish you would just go ahead and send me a t-shirt.

Posted : January 23, 2009 10:34 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Who doesn't, they are sweet.

Posted : January 24, 2009 8:52 am
(@chupacabra)
Reputable Member

How about using a forum topic similar to Winners Symposium where each member has to pick 3 plays (spread or over/under) each day. Keep a running total (+/- units) and give a t-shirt to the weekly winners.

Posted : January 25, 2009 6:54 am
(@vegasflyer56)
Reputable Member

pick one game ATS...and you have to win, and guess if the score of the winner, if it is odd or even.
Ex. Oklahoma city-3 even fnl score 114-102 winner. If it was 113-102, it would still lose. This would keep giving a chance to everyone, every night, with out giving 100 T's a night out. A mix of skill and luck. You could do two games, with odd or even, and make it about 16-1 to win, or 2 games with a designated odd even on one game for a 8-1 shot.

Posted : January 28, 2009 10:57 pm
Share: