Clear all

Horse Racing Betting News For Sunday 5/31/20

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Betting news, trends, odds and predictions from various handicappers and websites for Sunday 5/31/20

Posted : May 31, 2020 9:10 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Horse Races Today: Sunday's Churchill Downs and Santa Anita Analysis & Odds
May 30, 2020
By Mike Dempsey

Longshots prevailed in yesterday’s stakes at Churchill Downs including Bell’s the One winning the Winning Colors (G3).

I wrote yesterday that I hoped she split up a chalky exacta between my top pick Break Even and my third choice Mis Mischief and she did, rallying home to pull off the upset and pay $28.20 as my second choice. Along with my top pick Break Even the $2 exacta paid $107.60.

Secret Message was my top pick in the nightcap, the Mint Julep and somehow he ended up going off at 25-1 from his 8-1 morning line.

He came with a good late rally but still had a lot of work to do inside the final furlong and I really did not think he would get there. He did and paid a hefty $53.40 as my top pick. I did not use the runner up La Sinare and missed out on the exacta.

We nailed the Honeymoon (G3) at Santa Anita with my top pick as well, Laura’s Light getting home to the tune of $6.60. I just missed on the exacta as Croughhavouke was edged out for the place spot.

You can catch the action from Churchill Downs today from 1:00 to 6:00 ET on FS2. In addition, the NBC Sports Network will simulcast the TVG Network from 4:00 to 8:00 ET. Horseplayers can also stream all the horse racing action using the Watch TVG App. The horse betting company based in the U.S. is offering a risk free bet up to $300 for new players.

My Best Plays Report for Sunday includes my eight strongest plays from Churchill Downs and Santa Anita.

Here is the opening race from Churchill Downs to get the day off to a good start:

Churchill Downs Race 1 Analysis - Clm $50,000 5/31 (1:00 ET)
#4 Diamond Crazy 5-2
#5 Shesomajestic 7-2
#1 Miz Shelton 8-1
#7 Skamania 2-1

Analysis: Diamond Crazy had a three-race winning streak snapped last out when she stepped outside of the state bred ranks and had to settle for fourth against Alw-1 optional claimers at Fair Grounds at 4-5. The third-place finisher Bonnet came back to beat $20,000 non-winners of two in her next outing on May 28 here. This gal broke her maiden here for a $75,000 tag last June and looking for her to bounce back with a much better effort than we saw out of her last out with the short freshening.

Shesomajestic caught a sloppy track at Will Rogers Downs where she dueled or the early lead and drew away in the stretch to win by six lengths over Alw-2 company going six furlongs. She rebounded after failing to fire two back at Sunland Park in a sixth against conditioned allowance foes off a 3 1/2-month break. She owns solid early and mid pace numbers and looks like a good fit here in for a straight $50,000 tag for the Hartman barn.

Today’s Featured Race of the Day from Churchill Downs:
Churchill Downs Race 7 Analysis - 5/31 Clm $30,000N2L (4:08 ET)
#9 Reelfoot 9-2
#6 Special Reserve 10-1
#8 Cold Smoke 7-2
#1 Yamano Maker 4-1

Analysis: Reelfoot stalked the early pace and faded to finish ninth last out against $40,000 non-winners of two at Oaklawn Park. The runner up and sixth place finisher both came back to win for a $50,000 tag in their next starts. Asmussen claimed this gelding for $16,000 out of her maiden score and he was a good second with a career top speed fig two back in his first start against winners. The gelding owns solid early and mid pace numbers and his last was just too bad to believe. Santana sticks for Asmussen as he drops in for $30,000. Looking for this guy to rebound here with a much better effort.

Special Reserve tracked the early pace and finished evenly in a third-place finish last out at this level at Oaklawn Park. Two back in the mud he dueled for the early lead before tiring to finish eighth against Alw-1 foes in his first start against winners. He has three trips here wile a maiden, two coming over wet tracks. The Morse trainee should be right in the mix early against this group and he will be tough if he can come close to running back to his maiden win three back. Worth a look if he goes off near his 10-1 morning line.

Today’s Featured Race of the Day from Santa Anita:
Santa Anita Race 6 Analysis - 5/31 (3:10 PT)
#6 Sweet and Cheeky 4-1
#9 Rakassah 2-1
#3 Fabiolla 6-1
#4 Va Va Voom 5-1

Analysis: Sweet and Cheeky debuts for the Eurton barn that is 14% winners (with a +ROI) with first timers. She is by Candy Ride out of a stakes placed Black Minnaloushe mare that has dropped one dirt winner. This filly has been working as if she has some ability and early zip.

Rakassah makes her first start since February where she was the beaten chalk here at this distance. She made her U.S. debut two back where she headed for home with the lead but could not hold off the winner late. The D'Amato barn is 10% winners with runners coming back off a 61-180-day layoff. She is the logical one to beat here but our top pick is likely going to offer a bit more value for the top spot.

Live Longshots:
These are price plays for exotic players looking to find a couple of extra contenders to use in their trifecta and superfecta wagers. Or for those with smaller bankrolls, you might want to get in a small win-place wager.

Churchill Downs
R1: #1 Miz Shelton 8-1
R3: #13 Lemon Blitz 12-1
R4: #1 New Day Dawning 10-1
R6: #10 Whoville 10-1
R6: #4 Annie’sgoldengirl 8-1
R7: #6 Special Reserve 10-1
R8: #4 Pranked 8-1
R9: #1 Cash out / 1a Final Cut 8-1
R10: #3 Suggested 8-1

Posted : May 31, 2020 9:13 am
Share: