Clear all

Horse Racing Betting News For Thursday 4/9/20

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Betting news, trends, odds and predictions from various handicappers and websites for Thursday 4/9/20

Posted : April 9, 2020 7:57 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

By Mike Dempsey

Well, I am over being on tilt on Tuesday after the Fonner Park Pick 5 debacle where there was a very questionable disqualification in the first leg of the Pick 5 which had a mandatory payout of over $4 million.

I guess the Horse Racing Gods looked down on me and thought to themselves, “Let’s help this miserable degenerate gambler out today and give him a few winners.”

Perhaps it was Will Rogers himself, but we had five winners on top in the eight races making up my Best Plays Report, three coming at Tampa Bay Downs and the other two at Will Rogers Downs.

The winners at Will Rogers paid $10.00 and $15.80, both which I thought were nice overlays, and I have to admit I am pretty darn smitten with the Claremore, Oklahoma racetrack. We will head back out there next week.

For today and tomorrow I will be providing my full card report for Gulfstream Park and we have a solid 10-race card on tap this afternoon.

We will head out to Oaklawn Park again on Saturday, where there is some rare stakes action. It was supposed to be Arkansas Derby Day, but the marquee race of the meet was shifted to the first Saturday of May.

In its place we will have the $200,00 Oaklawn Invitational for three-year-olds that will serve as a prep for the Arkansas Derby and the co-feature on Saturday is the $150,000 Oaklawn Mile.

Horseplayers can stream all the horse racing action using the Watch TVG App. The horse betting company based in the U.S. is offering a risk free bet up to $300 for new players.

Gulfstream Park Odds and Picks: Opening Race of Today, April 9
GP Race 1 Md $12,500 (1:00 ET)
#4 Traffic Trouble 9-2
#10 Sweet Giant 12-1
#1 Magical Mike 2-1
#2 Ima Coalman 8-1

Analysis: Traffic Trouble had to steady in traffic heading into the first turn and after making a middle move weakened in the stretch to finish fifth last out in his first start off the claim by the Pino barn. He was claimed two back for $16,000 where he made a mild late bid to finish fourth, beaten two lengths for the top spot. He looks capable of moving forward off his last effort for a sharp barn with a better trip. He is out of the turf stakes winner Blue Mon ($341,363) who has dropped four winners including three turf winners including turf stakes winner Malibu Pier ($466.200).

Sweet Giant is back on turf for the first time since last December. he has two tires on turf, the best a fourth in his turf debut for a $35,000 tag. He is out of a Distorted Humor mare that has dropped three winners including one turf winner. He catches a pretty soft spot here and may appreciate the surface switch.
Gulfstream Park Odds and Picks: Featured Race of Today, April 9
GP Race 9 OClm $25,000N1X (5:07 ET)
#2 Youngest of Five 7-2
#4 Moretti 9-5
#3 To Dare 9-2
#6 Stone Hands 15-1

Analysis: Youngest of Five tracked the early pace, took over the lead and drew away to a good looking maiden score in his second career start and first at a mile at 4-5. The gelding stalked the early pace and finished gamely in a runner up finish in his debut two back going 6 1/2 furlongs. The third-place finisher in that ace was a next out graduate. The gelding goes two turns for the first time here for the Hough barn and he has enough pedigree to handle more ground. He is by Kentucky Derby winner Super Saver out of a Not for Love mare. He looks as if he still has plenty of upside.

Moretti is one of two in here sent out by the Pletcher barn. Last out the colt set the early fractions and could not go with the winner in the stretch in a runner up finish at Laurel Park as the beaten chalk. He adds blinkers here and should be forwardly place in a race without a ton of early zip signed up. A repeat of his last looks good enough to win in this spot.

Live Longshots:
These are price plays for exotic players looking to find a couple of extra contenders to use in their trifecta and superfecta wagers. Or for those with smaller bankrolls, you might want to get in a small win-place wager.

Gulfstream Park
R1: #10 Sweet Giant 12-1
R6: #7 Fifty Cents 12-1
R6: #1 Two by Two 12-1
R6: #8 Unprecedented 8-1
R8: #1 Bye Bye Man 8-1
R9: #6 Stone Hands 15-1
R10: #12 Midnight Marvel 12-1

Posted : April 9, 2020 8:15 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Thursday's Best Bet: Union Ride can catch the speed at Oaklawn Park
By Jarrod Horak
April 8, 2020

Thursday’s 8th race from Oaklawn Park is a $61,000 allowance event for 3-year-olds and up dashing six furlongs on the main track (Post Time - 5:38 p.m. ET).

#2 UNION RIDE (9-2) won four dirt sprints from off the pace in Southern California last year. Robertino Diodoro has him now and Orlando Mojica shows a +ROI with this outfit. This race might set up for him.

#1 Tuggle (4-1) runs well fresh and fired in all three dirt sprints. He missed by a head in a local sprint under David Cohen Feb. 23, and the clear show finisher was a next-out winner.

#3 Town Champ (3-1) fired exacta shots in his last four starts, and his numbers jumped up in his last three local starts for Steve Asmussen.

#7 Locally Owned (12-1) is a first time gelding for Al Stall Jr. He has run some decent races and figures to stalk the pace.

Wagers:

#2 to win

Exacta Box 1-2

Exacta 1-2/3-7

Trifecta 1-2-3/1-2-3/7

Recent Best Bet Winners

March 26 - SEVEN NATION ARMY ($5.60)

March 29 - DAPHNE MOON ($5.40), Exacta ($13.80)

March 30 - Okie Queen/Bright Bling/Keena Trifecta ($35.90)

April 4 - KIMARI ($7.80), Exacta ($23.80)

April 6 - WHOLEHEARTED ($6.40)

Posted : April 9, 2020 8:19 am
Share: