2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
13.6 K Views
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

1. Use it as a tie breaker.

2. Use it to help you adjust the amount you pay for a bet.

For example, today on 10/22/2013 we have Louisiana-Lafayette playing against Arkansas State in football. The cappers listed in the free pick free and premium threads on The Spread Forum free pick threads are divided. About half tell you to bet on one and the other half of the cappers tell you to bet on the other one.

So I use The Dunkel Index sometimes as the tie breaker to tell me which one to bet on. Here is what Dunkel says:

Game 101-102: UL-Lafayette at Arkansas State (8:00 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: UL-Lafayette 89.563; Arkansas State 73.953
Dunkel Line: UL-Lafayette by 15 1/2; 73
Vegas Line: UL-Lafayette by 2 1/2; 67
Dunkel Pick: UL-Lafayette (-2 1/2); Over

I also sometimes check with the Daniel Curry Index to see if it confirms what Dunkel has and here is what we get from the DCI Index today:

Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Sun Belt Conference
Louisiana-Lafayette 37.6 at ARKANSAS STATE 31.9, 8:00 pm ET

So the DCI Index confirms Dunkel's assessment that the favored one will cover the spread cleanly.

I also sometimes use Dunkel to help me determine how much I want to spend on a bet. Do I want to place my bet at -2.5 and spend -113 or because both Dunkel and the Daniel Curry Index tell me that the Univ of L. at L. will have enough points to help me adjust the bet I take, I then choose to take the bet at +100 at -3 instead of spending much more at -2.5.

Undefeated77 :B:

Warning: Dunkel does not figure in the psychological situation of the game and they may not figure in injuries etc. and sometimes they are way off the mark. Losses do occur in sports investing, so only use a small amount for your investments and use it with a blue chip investment system. Past performance is no indicator of future results. You will lose over the short term and you will lose over the long term if you do not stick to sound money management principles, use wisdom in finding your picks, and stick to a blue chip sports investment system.

Posted : October 22, 2013 11:22 am
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

You can also use the Dunkel Index to check a consensus play. Always lead with a good capper and a consensus of good cappers, but sometimes you want to check with Dunkel and the DCI Index to get their confirmation. Because the play below was a free pick I wanted to get the consensus opinion of both Dunkel and the DCI Index. Here is an example below and you can see the Dunkel has the total at 52 and DCI at approx. 49 so you can purchase the play for less money if you want. For example right now a 56 total is selling for -110 but you can get it at 55 for +100 since Dunkel sets the total at 52 and DCI has it at 49 approx.

Jim Feist

Kentucky vs. Mississippi St
Play: Under 56

Kentucky is winless in the SEC because of a tough schedule and
a struggling offense, scoring 13, 7, 28 and 7 points the last
four games. They are 92nd in the nation in passing, 85th in
rushing. Kentucky is on a 7-3 run under the total and they take
on a fine Mississippi State defense allowing 23 ppg. The under
is 26-10 in the Bulldogs last 36 vs. a team with a losing record.
And when these teams met last year it was a 27-14 Mississippi
State win as Kentucky had just 228 total yards. Play
Kentucky/Mississippi State under the total.

=========================================

Game 105-106: Kentucky at Mississippi State (7:30 p.m. EST)
Dunkel Ratings: Kentucky 83.828; Mississippi State 90.723
Dunkel Line: Mississippi State by 7; 52
Vegas Line: Mississippi State by 10 1/2; 56
Dunkel Pick: Kentucky (+10 1/2); Under

==========================================

Daniel Curry Index

DCI Rankings

Conference USA
Marshall 33.5 at MIDDLE TENNESSEE 25.4, 7:30 pm ET

Southeastern Conference
Kentucky 18.0 at MISSISSIPPI STATE 30.6, 7:30 pm ET

Warning: Dunkel does not figure in the psychological situation of the game and they may not figure in injuries etc. and sometimes they are way off the mark. Losses do occur in sports investing, so only use a small amount for your investments and use it with a blue chip investment system. Past performance is no indicator of future results. You will lose over the short term and you will lose over the long term if you do not stick to sound money management principles, use wisdom in finding your picks, and stick to a blue chip sports investment system.

Posted : October 24, 2013 12:13 am
Share: