Notifications
Clear all

Sports betting legalized... thoughts?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@vegasg)
Topic starter

What are everyones thoughts on the legalization of sports betting? Where do you think the industry is going with this? Whats the next step?

Posted : May 14, 2018 2:36 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

I think it's awesome, duh. Anyone who doesn't I question their values.

Seriously though I think what's next is expediting. Some states are very close to being ready to go and those states I think will set the pace for the rest of the country. William Hill in particular has invested vast amounts of cash and resources into this so I think you will see them making large pitches to individual states to get moving on legislation.

The worst thing that could happen is for states to drag their feet and allow the federal government to step in with new legislation before they can get their own laws up and running. If that happens we are going to essentially be right back where we started before the ban was overturned.

I would speculate that you will see at least 10 states having sports betting before this football season. That many are that close. Very exciting day and a day that I never thought would come in my lifetime to be honest with you. If we can get intrastate online wagering going I could die a happy man. but this is a great start.

Posted : May 14, 2018 2:53 pm
(@surfer)
Famed Member

It’s time for America to be America....free... enough of the laws that are passed “bc it’s best for you” besides maybe states can actually make some money from it...
If the states do follow through I think there’s still room for locals etc maybe it just makes them have to shave a point down or two

Posted : May 14, 2018 4:14 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

I wouldn't go that far, lol. There are gonna be a handful of states that don't participate, Minnesota and Arizona immediately come to mind.

There will also still be room for locals because you are always going to have people who don't want to deal with the government or corporations or don't want to pay in advance to bet.

Posted : May 15, 2018 8:03 am
(@armyranger)
Honorable Member

I welcome sports betting in Ct.. It would be nice to go to the OTB[off track betting] and play some football..My thinking though is that the state and who ever will want a piece of the action taken in..And that probably will mean a higher VIG..It may hurt the books some ,but Ithink there will be guys that don't have the cash up front so they will stay with the books..

Posted : May 15, 2018 5:51 pm
Share: