Clear all

Amazing Jeopardy Contestant Is A Professional Sports Bettor

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

There is a contestant on the television show called Jeopardy that is making amazing wins each night. He is a professional sports bettor. He is averaging over $50,000 per game in wins and I believe the average for Ken Jennings who won 70 games in a row was about $30,000 + or -? This new guy whose first name is James is setting records that are simply amazing. He already has some records of his own and broke the most won in one day by winning $110,000 in one day.

I am thinking he must have a photographic memory and has studied a book containing the questions and answers of the past that have been used in Jeopardy programs???

AMAZING !!!

Posted : April 17, 2019 1:39 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

It has been impressive to watch for sure. It's a combo of knowing the answer and timing the buzzer not just straight knowledge of subjects. I'm a fan though even if he wasn't a bettor. I'm a pretty solid couch Jeopardy player but he's been leaving me in the dust this week. I've been watching during dinner time for years. I have 43 years of useless knowledge stored up.

Posted : April 17, 2019 4:34 pm
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Update:

His average score after about eleven days of playing is almost $70,000 per day. Amazing.

I still think he must have a photographic memory to have all that knowledge in his head.

Can you imagine, after the whole world gets to know him, what his subscription list could be if he started a daily sports betting picks service? WOW.

Posted : April 19, 2019 12:54 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

There is an article on ESPN about him and his group of friends. He's super intelligent and practices trivia often and also has some unique ways to retain info on subjects he has trouble with. No photographic memory though.

What is interesting is that these are episodes from February. So only a handful of people know how long his run lasts at this point. It could in theory be going on still, the show is in hiatus right now.

Posted : April 19, 2019 4:31 pm
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Update:

I saw him break the one million dollars win mark and now he is at one and one quarter of a million dollars with 17 wins. When he makes it to game 21 he will have a new record again beating Julia Collins who made it to 20 games.

https://www.jeopardy.com/contestant-zone/james-holzhauer-tracker

Michael Cash wrote: "What is interesting is that these are episodes from February. So only a handful of people know how long his run lasts at this point. It could in theory be going on still, the show is in hiatus right now" < That is extremely interesting as I was not aware that these episodes were being made that far back. I just hope they do not change the rules to cap the amount of money that can be won or the amount of games a person can win.

Posted : April 29, 2019 6:46 pm
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

UPDATE:

The Jeopardy champion has now passed the 2 million dollars won mark, and continues to be strong.

There were only two games where he had a challenger that made the game exciting.

Go James !!!!

Posted : May 28, 2019 3:11 pm
(@undefeated77)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

James did not go as long as he wanted to but did walk away with about 20 records in Jeapardy history. James should eventually take Brad Rutter's biggest money winner record away from him.

Also:

There finally was another tournament which finished last week. It was the Jeopardy super championship with James, and Ken, and Brad all playing against each other.

It seemed like Brad was not even in the same league with James and Ken.

I thought before it started that James would win the tournament, but Ken turned this tournament into a win by using James' big bet technique to win against James and Brad.

Ken walked away with a million dollars and the most coveted title in Jeopardy history.

Congratulations Ken.

Posted : January 20, 2020 7:53 pm
Share: