Notifications
Clear all

Cash, any helpful insights heading into the weekend?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ttombobadly)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

unfortunately SMU didn't cover today. keep us posted if anything catches your eye.

have a great weekend everyone.

Posted : March 10, 2017 4:55 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

I'M BACK!

No insights my dude. I've been without power and internet since Wednesday morning so I've been living life by my cell phone and going insane sitting in the dark and cold.

Power came back up about 2 and I finally got the internet fixed about 20 minutes ago. I've got about 1100 emails to get to but I figured I would let you know I wasn't ignoring you, I was living in the 1800's for the past few days.

Posted : March 11, 2017 7:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Cash must have been going out of his mind with no internet. 😛

Posted : March 11, 2017 11:28 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

No internet wasn't awesome but no power is what really sucked. Michigan isn't exactly warm in March. Since Wednesday morning until Yesterday afternoon I probably spent $500+ on fuel for my generator and food.

The worst part is that there was nowhere to go to get any relief. Over 800,000 people lost power, it was like a hurricane came through. Generally when we lose power it's only for a little bit. If it's longer then that I can usually go to my parents house because they never lose power, if they lose power I can go to my old lady's moms house which is about 20 minutes north, if she didn't have power I'd just get a hotel for a couple days and let the kids swim in the pool. But literally nobody had any power at all. No family, no businesses, no hotels, nothing for about 30 miles in any direction, it was insane. In 40+ years I've never experienced anything like that, it sucked.

Luckily the week before I bought that unlimited 4G wifi for my truck from GM, without that I would of been totally fucked because my phone doesn't even really work in my house not on wifi. But since my truck gets about 9 miles per gallon idling in the driveway gets expensive real quick.

It was just crazy man, I can't even tell you what it's like to be disconnected like that for 4 days. I never want to go through that again. I'm just glad all you guys kept the site running while I was gone. If we would of had problems I don't know what I would of done.

Posted : March 12, 2017 8:59 am
Share: