Clear all

Super Bowl LI Discussion

16 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I got some free time so I figured now was as good a time as any to start arguing, I mean talking about the big game tomorrow.

Who wants to start?

Posted : February 4, 2017 5:30 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Nothin? You guys keeping your thoughts secret in case your play makes the line move? 😆 😆 😆

Posted : February 4, 2017 8:52 pm
(@jboppa)
Noble Member

I got this feeling falcons gonna blow the pats out like they did the seachickens and the cheeseheads.

I think a lot more ball control will be in play for both teams.

Falcons +130 3u
Leaning on Falcons/under teaser

Posted : February 4, 2017 10:05 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I think you might be drunk on Georgia my dude. Tell you what, Atlanta wins this game either straight up or ATS you got a TheSpread t-shirt coming you way. I think experience wins this game though.

Posted : February 5, 2017 8:39 am
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

I wrote something up couple weeks back, about speed on the def. side of the ball , which atl has plenty of, if they can get to a mobile qb like rodgers, what do ya think they will do brady, this team gang tackles, plus this line hasn't moved an inch, i bet atl. at plus 3 and plus 135 on the ml as soon as the line came out, and will be doing the same today, plus a 1.5 point buy, as a hedge play bet, against an additional ml. bet, don't think i will need it, but anything can happen strenth of schedule, no comparison atl. had that, the chumps will get sucked into today, just like the gb game, theres's a new sheriff in town boys, and his name is matt ryan

Posted : February 5, 2017 9:37 am
(@briguy)
Trusted Member

Cash - Homer pick? Brady did go to Michigan, which is where you're from correct?

Timmy - I thought Lebron was the new sheriff in town. Just ask Barkley.

Hope everyone is right about Atlanta, but I got a feeling Brady and Belicheat will win this game. Experience is important. That being said, NE had never won a super bowl by more than 4 points in the B&B era, so Atlanta would seem to be the play. And in the previous 5 superbowls with the highest o/u, only 1 went over. So under also seems to be the play.

Now that I've rambled on I've just convinced myself that I'll probably do an Atlanta/under teaser or parlay. But too soon to know for sure. Need some coffee and want to watch the line for a little bit. If it goes to 3.5 I will definitely fire on that teaser.

Posted : February 5, 2017 10:10 am
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

As you know bri. we always wait until minutes b 4 every game which most of the time gives a smart player a bit of an edge, due to late mon, sharp, or wiseguy money, but only in football

Posted : February 5, 2017 10:31 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I am from Michigan, Bri but I don't have allegiances like that. I also don't put a lot of stock in historical trends. It's definitely interesting to see some of those stats but going year over year doesn't mean much to me in terms of how it will relate to the current situation.

For me it really comes down to the numbers this year and the biggest one for me is the 83% ATS for the Pats. It's really tough to argue with that type of number. Like I also said earlier, I really feel like experience matters. NE has some really good coaches and I am certain they have an excellent game plan for how to handle the Falcons.

If the Pats can execute on that game plan on the field nothing really suggests to be that NE won't win the game.

Posted : February 5, 2017 10:40 am
(@sharkey11)
New Member Guest

why is it people get hung up on one game its funny we all want to win every roll of the dice i guess but betting wise its just another game and if you have a method of play you just bet as required you know weather it works or not either way your gonna lose your share we all want to go 100% for any given bet but gambleing or risk taking just dosent work that way i never knew anyone that could sustain a 65%win rate over any leanth of time the best we can hope for is 53-55% winners over time get the money layed to you and dont lay it to them its a coin flip best of luck to evey one today.by the way im still waiting for my t shirt cash ! :ohmy:

Posted : February 5, 2017 10:52 am
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

well said shark your right, it's alot of work, and we hope for a good return, but every day is not xmas in this bus. as we both know

Posted : February 5, 2017 10:58 am
(@armyranger)
Honorable Member

In my opinion Bill B. is a master at the game planing. I think they will try to run the ball and use the clock to keep it out of Ryans hands.I don't think they can totally shut down Atl. but I think they can slow them down.Remeber Atl.defence is not all that great.This is probably the best balanced offence they have faced . PENATIES AND TURNOVERS ARE THE KILLERS. MY opinion N.E. -3 AND THE LOW [58-].
BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE.

Posted : February 5, 2017 10:59 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I ain't forgot about you sharkey. If you want one now you can either lose some weigh or put some on. I still don't have your size and it's not cost effective to order just 1 shirt at a time. I got you though, don't worry.

Posted : February 5, 2017 11:06 am
(@sharkey11)
New Member Guest

your right about billy boy ranger .and he got all that smarts from paul brown i belive he started his carrier with the browns in clevland . paul brown one of the all time greats in the nfl .

Posted : February 5, 2017 11:15 am
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

I been a bengals fan since grade school, orange and black and paul brown was the man

Posted : February 5, 2017 11:19 am
(@ttombobadly)
Reputable Member

The stage may be too large for the falcons. If NE starts fast, you'll see the same thing happen as last year. Pats do have the 12th best pass def and 3rd best rushing D... it could be tough sledding for the falcons. I expect NE to win and go under, including first quarter and first half. 28-24 Pats is the prediction (52 points as related to the other point total post). Though 31-27 has a nice ring and right on 58 lol. Either way pats pats and more pats

Posted : February 5, 2017 12:13 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: