2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@mvbski)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jones says he will appeal suspension
Associated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones said Friday night he will appeal his season-long suspension and thinks NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made him the league's poster boy for disciplining players.

Jones has not talked to reporters since the suspension for conduct detrimental to the NFL was announced Tuesday. Jones' attorneys had said they were discussing his options and have not returned telephone messages since Tuesday.

But Jones was in Tunica, Miss., and he talked to an ESPN reporter while at "Friday Night Fights" about being suspended - without pay - for the 2007 season. His case will be reviewed after the Titans' 10th game, leaving the chance for a return.

"I think it was a little bit harsh," Jones said. "I expected the suspension, but for a whole year for a guy that hadn't been charged with nothing? I really didn't agree with it. But for the most part, I'm taking it like a man. I'm going to appeal it. We'll see what the future brings."

Any appeal would be heard and decided by Goodell.

Cincinnati receiver Chris Henry, a teammate of Jones at West Virginia, also was suspended. But Henry received an eight-game ban.

Jones, the sixth pick overall in the 2005 draft and the first defensive player taken that year, has talked with police 10 times since being drafted, and arrested five times. He has not been convicted of any charge since being drafted.

But Las Vegas police want to charge Jones for inciting a strip club fight Feb. 19 that led to a triple shooting. Jones also did not inform the Titans of two arrests in Georgia last year, and a felony obstruction charge for allegedly biting a Fayetteville, Ga., police officer was delayed until May.

Asked if he was being used as an example with the severe punishment, Jones agreed.

"Clearly you know for a guy that hadn't been charged, I'm clearly made to be the poster boy," Jones said.

Jones said his teammates have been calling him every day since news of the suspension. He said defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch has been a close friend over the past few days.

"What I'm going to do, I'm going to work out every day and make sure I'm in top-tip shape. But come Week 11, I plan on being back on the field," Jones told ESPN.

Titans owner Bud Adams said Tuesday they weren't sure they want Jones back unless he changes his behavior and avoids controversy off the field.

Posted : April 14, 2007 1:48 pm
(@mvbski)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Good luck dumbass 😀

Posted : April 14, 2007 1:48 pm
Share: