Clear all

Important Information About TheSpread.com

20 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Hola Homies, long time no chat! I hope everyone has been well.

I'm popping in today to let you all know of some changes that are coming to the site. Some of them are much needed, some of them are exciting and some of them probably won't be well received. But all of them are what needs to be done to not only sustain the site but also allow it to keep operating well into the future.

Those of you who have been around a long time know that there hasn't been any substantial change to the site in about 10 years. That is a really fucking long time as far as the internet is concerned. There are several reasons for this - which I won't bore you with but we have finally reached a point where our current technology platform is no longer viable. Because of that, starting earlier this week we have begun the process of completely updating the architecture and technology that will power the site moving forward. This process should take 2-3 months and we are hoping to be completed and relaunched by mid-August so there aren't any disruptions to Football. But when the time comes there will be disruption, probably a week's worth of downtime to get everything sorted and tested but I will keep everyone posted when that time comes.

In addition to this, there may be some data loss. I'm hoping that is not the case but I just don't know. With that being said, if any of you have any saved posts or links or profile info you don't want to lose I suggest you make arrangements to screen print or somehow store it outside of the site itself.

Another thing all of you want to do now in advance of this is to make sure that your profiles contain your current email address. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! If you do nothing else or don't finish reading this, I can't stress enough that having a correct and current email address is vitally important to being able to get back in when we relaunch the site.

Now the part that you're not going to like and that I don't particularly like either. When the site relaunches it will be doing so with a paywall system. Before everyone starts mother fucking me and emailing me threats I want to be clear... there WILL STILL BE a free version of the site.

I cannot give you all the details or and pricing at this time because we are still working all that out but generally speaking this is how it's gonna go...

- There will be a free version of the site with content restrictions and ads.
- There will be a paid version of the site with content restrictions and no ads
- There will be a paid version of the site with unlimited content and ads
- And finally there will be a paid version of the site with unlimited content and no ads

As much as I hate to do this, the reality is it's just not viable to do all of this off advertising money alone anymore. Those are just the facts. And you all know, since the pandemic everything costs more from eggs to your utility bills and we are not immune from those price increases just like you aren't.

All that being said though, there will still be a free version of the site for those that don't view a bunch of pages each week and at this time there is no plan now or in the future to include the forum in any of the paid packages. So, all of you can still come here and get your plays and trends and bullshit with one another like you always have and it won't cost you a thing. This also allows all of you who write in every week bitching about the ads the ability to get rid of them permanently if you wish.

To lessen the blow of that a little bit I want to let you know that people who have been loyal to the site all these years will be gifted a free all access membership for life. I'm not going to list everyone individually here right now but people like Timmy and Surfer and Ranger and Garbage Man will all be included in that list. When it's time I will reach out to everyone personally to give them their access.

In addition to that we will also offer several promotions for anyone who has an active account prior to June 1, 2023 and also a BOGO offer for everyone.

I know this is a lot to take in and quite a change so I'm here for any questions you may have. But I'm excited about this and I hope you are too. When we are done the site will look better, perform better, be less cluttered, have more content and be a lot more reliable.

I'll update everyone here any time I have anything new to share. Until then, enjoy your summers!

Posted : May 26, 2023 6:42 pm
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

Mike you do what have to do been here 1999, I have already made changes Tomy 3 sites way in advance and all my guys have stayed, you do what you need to do brother no 1 is going any

Posted : May 26, 2023 7:23 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Thanks pal, I appreciate you. Some will leave, that's just the way it is and that's ok.

But I just want you and everyone to know that these changes are necessary and not to enrich myself. Truth be told with my skills and my experience in this business I could of went to work for someone else and make 10x what I make off this and have way less stress. But I love this place and I love you guys and I hope you all know that!

Posted : May 26, 2023 8:09 pm
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

Mike no need to explain as I said no 1 is leaving said it to you 20 some years ago brother and will say again best sports site on the net

Posted : May 26, 2023 8:57 pm
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

Mike we have both made what need to make, I do this to see the young guys win, I have no agenda which you know, just like you, you do what you need to do brother period got me

Posted : May 26, 2023 10:06 pm
(@armyranger)
Honorable Member

Good to know your still around Cash.. I'll will be excitied to to see the new format... I believe you have my email address. In the past we emailed afew issues..If not let me know,,,Thanks for YOUR LOYALTY TO THE OLDER GROUP...
Memorial day coming up the weekend...Remember the Fallen service members....
THANKS AGAIN..

Posted : May 27, 2023 2:55 pm
(@surfer)
Famed Member

Things change times change that is one constant but
Word on the street says sushi man is trying to organize a strike we captured some secret footage [video] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_CoIe9k7rGk&pp=ygUVTGFib3Igc3RyaWtlIHZpb2xlbmNl [/video]

Posted : May 27, 2023 5:17 pm
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

That's a big 10-4 ranger and surf all I can ur fuckin nuts and make me laugh brother on the darkest of days

Posted : May 27, 2023 6:30 pm
(@facook)
Eminent Member

All good Mike, completely understandable. Appreciate what you all do here.

Posted : May 27, 2023 11:35 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator

Good to know your still around Cash.. I'll will be excitied to to see the new format... I believe you have my email address. In the past we emailed afew issues..If not let me know,,,Thanks for YOUR LOYALTY TO THE OLDER GROUP...
Memorial day coming up the weekend...Remember the Fallen service members....
THANKS AGAIN..

Army, what you need to do is go to your profile. Then click on edit and make sure the correct e-mail address is listed. If not change it.

Posted : May 28, 2023 10:40 am
(@neversplitaces)
Estimable Member

Man, this is outstanding news! I have been a mostly quiet(out of respect to cluttering the site) member for probably almost ten years myself, and believe this is the best run and most informed site I've ever come across. Thanks so much for all the ass-busting in the past and heads' up on the future improvements.

Posted : May 28, 2023 10:52 am
(@armyranger)
Honorable Member

All set, thanks SHAZZZZ...I know youve heard it before many times ,BUT KEEP UP THE GOOD JOB YOUR DOING... thank you..

Posted : May 30, 2023 1:13 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Thanks fellas, I appreciate it. It really will be a lot better experience especially for those of you using the site mostly on phones. It's long overdue and being able to generate some more revenue will allow us to keep pace with updates and not get ourselves into another situation where we are now.

Posted : May 31, 2023 9:08 am
(@ttombobadly)
Reputable Member

That will be great since I pretty much solely use my phone and rarely login since I scan the tidbits.

Really appreciate the post and explanation and as long as you’re at the helm of this operation we’ll be around. Thank you Cash

Posted : May 31, 2023 5:30 pm
(@stretch)

Thanks for all you do.

Posted : June 11, 2023 1:52 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: