Clear all

Free Premium Service Plays For Thursday 1/27/22

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Thursday 1/27/22 thread for free handicapping service plays and expert predictions for NFL, NCAAB & NBA games

Posted : January 27, 2022 9:03 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Martin Green

USMNT vs. El Salvador (Thursday, 6:30 p.m. ET)

USA -1.5 -130 (one unit)
Weston McKennie to score +163 (0.25 unit)
USA to win 2-0 +360 (0.25 unit)

Jon Eimer

Canada vs. Honduras (Thursday, 8:05 p.m. ET)

Canada ML (1u +108)
Canada Over .5 goals 1h. (1u +105)
Jonathan David Anytime Goal Scorer: (.5u +200)

Jeff Hochman

5* NHL Best Bet

Oilers -115

THE PREZ

5% NHL MAIN EVENT THURS

Play: Edmonton Oilers -115

I love this spot for Edmonton and like I have been saying on Wagertalk Today, the Oilers are a buy team moving forward. Here we have an Oiler team who was lights out good for the first month and a half of this season and then completely hit the skids and lost game after game after game. Which Oiler team is for real. Likely the answer is somewhere between the 2, but I believe this Oiler team is one of the better teams in hockey, they will make the playoffs and they are better than the Preds. Sure, Nashville has a 27-14 record while the Oilers are 20-16 (which is a big difference), but that is why we are getting this number so low. -115 is basically a pick-em and you have a Nashville team coming in winning 3 games in a row, vs an Oiler team who has won 2 in a row. My take on this is that Nashville on their 2nd road game in a row has put up their wins, while Edmonton is literally in a must-win mode almost every night from here on out. We see good teams go on bad runs all the time and that is what happened to Edmonton for Dec and January. Now they have won 2 in a row, are feeling better about themselves, have finally found some decent goaltending, and are at home. This is a situation where Nashville is worse than their record, while Edmonton is much better than their record. I am not going to overthink this play and I am happy to just take the better team at a very low price at home in must-win mode. Furthermore, Nashville can afford to lose a game here and there and although athletes would say they try their hardest in every game, that simply is just not true. This is a very bad spot for Nashville and a very good spot for the Oilers.

Please take the Oilers as a 5% play at -115 – this line is good to -135.

overpicks eu

SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup
Paraguay – Uruguay
Under 2

TotalGoalsVip

ASIA: World Cup – Qualification
Saudi Arabia – Oman
2 or 3 goals in match
Odds : 2.00

Larry Hartstein

NORTHEASTERN @ UNC-WILM. | 01/27 | 7:00 PM EST
UNC-WILM. -4.5
ANALYSIS: These teams played Monday at Northeastern, the Seahawks winning by six after trailing at halftime. UNC Wilmington shot just 40 percent but forced 18 turnovers in the victory. The Seahawks have covered eight straight. The Huskies are the biggest disappointment in the CAA; they're 0-8 in conference play despite possessing a ton of talent. They haven't won on the road this season, and they've failed to cover five straight overall. Lay the reasonable number.

UAB @ W. KENTUCKY | 01/27 | 9:00 PM EST
UAB -4
ANALYSIS: The Blazers are 35th in the NET rankings, easily tops among C-USA schools. They've covered four of their last five road games and visit a Western Kentucky team that gave up 27 3-pointers in its last two games, losses to Florida Atlantic and FIU. North Texas and Buffalo already have won at E.A. Diddle Arena in Bowling Green, Ky. Look for UAB to become the third visitor to win as the Blazers cover for the seventh time in their last nine games overall.

Matt Severance

PACIFIC @ PORTLAND | 01/27 | 10:00 PM EST
PORTLAND -147
ANALYSIS: This spread/moneyline seems low -- it's a Grade A pick via the Model as it projects Portland to win by eight. I'm not that confident and am fine paying a tax to avoid a backdoor loss. It's Portland's first home game since Dec. 17 so it should mean a bit more. The Pilots have led by at least seven points in the first half of each of their first four WCC games but lost three -- they are obviously less likely to blow a lead in front of the home crowd. Tyler Robertson ranks among the WCC's Top 15 in scoring (8th), rebounds (14th) and assists (9th). Portland ranks fourth in the nation in free throw percentage (.801). Pacific is 0-3 in league play, losing each by at least eight, and hasn't won a game overall since Dec. 14. My only worry here is Portland looking ahead to Gonzaga on Saturday.

+1516 100-70-3 IN LAST 173 CBB PICKS

CALGARY @ ST. LOUIS | 01/27 | 8:00 PM EST
ST. LOUIS -135
ANALYSIS: I actually thought the Flames might lose Wednesday in Columbus and all they did was put 62 shots on goal in a 6-0 rout. Shoot, maybe all the guys are exhausted now. Plus, Calgary will presumably have to give backup Dan Vladar the start in net here. He has allowed 10 goals in two starts this month. The Blues are rested and should go with Ville Husso, who has essentially taken the No. 1 role from Jordan Binnington. Yes, the Blues just lost in Calgary 7-1 on Monday but that was Binnington vs. Jacob Markstrom in net -- Binnington was pulled after allowing all seven and Husso didn't allow a goal on 13 shots. There's also obviously the revenge factor here for St. Louis, which is 13-3 in its past 16 at home.

+1833 47-23-2 IN LAST 72 NHL PICKS

EAST CAROLINA @ MEMPHIS | 01/27 | 9:00 PM EST
EAST CAROLINA +13
ANALYSIS: The worst-coached team in college basketball right now might be Memphis under Penny Hardaway. Dude can recruit, but that club is a mess and should not be a 13-point favorite over anyone at the relative same level. Already ruled out for this one are leading scorer and second-leading rebounder DeAndre Williams (11.3 ppg, 5.3 rpg) as well as Landers Nolley (9.1 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 3.1 apg) and Jayden Hardaway (3.6 ppg). Star freshman Jalen Duren (10.7 ppg, 7.3 rpg) is in question. ECU already beat Memphis 72-71 less than two weeks ago. The Pirates were embarrassed Saturday in Houston, but they can absolutely stay within this number. I'm gonna take this now as I only think it drops, and it definitely will if Duren is ruled out. Memphis is 1-5-1 ATS in its past seven at home.

+1750 77-54-4 IN LAST 135 CBB ATS PICKS

LOS ANGELES @ N.Y. ISLANDERS | 01/27 | 7:00 PM EST
N.Y. ISLANDERS -145
ANALYSIS: After a massively successful Tuesday in the NHL, Wednesday wasn't kind to us. Hockey giveth and hockey taketh away. The Islanders have been great for us of late and have won seven of nine now they they are finally healthy. The Isles have allowed only 17 goals in their last nine (1.89 per game), the lowest GAA in the NHL in that span. The Kings are 1-4 in their past five.

Micah Roberts

UNC-WILM. -5
ANALYSIS: Northeastern has gone Over the total in 10 of its last 11. Northeastern also is 0-7 in true road games. The bet is on Wilmington’s two senior guards to lead the way again. They’ve won nine straight and covered eight straight. Take Wilmington to cover.

WISCONSIN @ NEBRASKA | 01/27 | 5:00 PM EST
OVER 147
ANALYSIS: The Badgers are only scoring three points more per game than last season, but they’re 13-5 to the Over this season. Nebraska averages a 73-79 score and has lost six straight coming but is 5-2 ATS in the last seven. The Huskers have gone Over in the last four and are 13-6 to the Over on the season. Just the Over.

+380 6-2 IN LAST 8 CBB PICKS

Posted : January 27, 2022 9:12 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Greg Peterson

Rice +12 vs Louisiana Tech

Ohio State vs Minnesota Under 138.5

East Carolina +13 vs Memphis

Loyola Marymount +28.5 vs Gonzaga

Purdue -2 vs Iowa

Updated Record 198-168-7

ZITI Sports
SOCCER UNDER SYSTEM
FIFA - World Cup Qualifiers Asia- United Arab Emirates vs. Syria UNDER 2 -109 (10:00 AM)
Colombia - Primera A- Patriotas FC vs. Independiente Medellin UNDER 2 -119 (6:05 PM)
Colombia - Primera A- Deportivo Pereira vs. America de Cali UNDER 2.5 -162 (8:10 PM)

Nick Borrman

World Cup Qualifying CONCACAF

Game: Mexico at Jamaica
Jan 27 2022 7:00 PM EST
Play Rating: 3%
Play: Mexico -0.75 (-110)

Game: El Salvador at USA
Jan 27 2022 7:00 PM EST
Play Rating: 2%
Play: USA -1.75 (-120)

Game: Argentina at Chile
Jan 27 2022 7:15 PM EST
Play: Argentina +0.0 (-105)

Game: Canada at Honduras
Jan 27 2022 8:05 PM EST
Play: Canada (-105)

Goodfella

CBB 3* San Diego

Stephen Nover

3* Dog of the Month

E Carolina

Andrew McInnis - (24-13 record 5%)

[NHL] (29) Anaheim Ducks at (30) Montreal Canadiens
5% Total Over 5.5 (-120)

[NHL] (31) Los Angeles Kings at (32) New York Islanders
3% Total Over 5.0 (-135)

Dave Essler

3* East Conf GOY

Lakers/Phil Under 218.5

Dave Essler

2* UIC +5.5
2* Georgia St +3.5

RAS

Long Beach St./UC Riverside Under 138
CS Fullerton/UC Davis Over 138.5
SE Louisiana -1

CleInsiderSports

NBA
Lakers +2.5
Timberwolves +6

CBB
Robert Morris +2
Marshall -2.5
Towson -4.5

NHL
Hurricanes/Senators O6.5
Kings/Islanders U5
Predators/Oilers U6

Tomas Sports
Cal St Baskersfield +10

Paul Stone

Under Bryant
Under San Fran
UT Arlington

Allie O'Neill

VEGAS @ FLORIDA | 01/27 | 7:00 PM EST
OVER 6.5
ANALYSIS: Each team has done well to exceed this number of late, as the Golden Knights have gone Over it in 10 of their last 13 road games and the Panthers have done so in 11 of their past 12 at home. Vegas is scoring an average of 3.5 goals per contest on the road, while Florida is producing an impressive 4.75 at home. Both teams rely heavily on their offenses, so we should expect quite a few goals.

+85 2-1 IN LAST 3 NHL PICKS

Micah Roberts

UNC-WILM. -5
ANALYSIS: Northeastern has gone Over the total in 10 of its last 11. Northeastern also is 0-7 in true road games. The bet is on Wilmington’s two senior guards to lead the way again. They’ve won nine straight and covered eight straight. Take Wilmington to cover.

OVER 147
ANALYSIS: The Badgers are only scoring three points more per game than last season, but they’re 13-5 to the Over this season. Nebraska averages a 73-79 score and has lost six straight coming but is 5-2 ATS in the last seven. The Huskers have gone Over in the last four and are 13-6 to the Over on the season. Just the Over.

+380 6-2 IN LAST 8 CBB PICKS

John Bollman

LOS ANGELES @ N.Y. ISLANDERS | 01/27 | 7:00 PM EST
OVER 5
ANALYSIS: Islanders have scored 4 goals in 4 of their last 5 games and the Kings have been on a bit of a scoring drought. However, 5 is just super low for an NHL game with a push scenario at 3-2 and 4-1. I think the only way we lose this is if there is a 1-1 tie for most of the game and both teams start playing more conservative, but other than that I think there will be at least 5 goals in this game. Take the value in the over.

CALGARY @ ST. LOUIS | 01/27 | 8:00 PM EST
ST. LOUIS -135
ANALYSIS: This is a bit of a weird matchup because it is a home and home for the Blues, but the Flames made a stop in Columbus to play last night. Blues were just lit up 7-1 in Calgary but that was on the back end of a back-to-back with Jordan Binnington starting. Ville Husso has been significantly better and he will be the starter tonight, unless the Blues want to get Binnington going by sacrificing wins like the Bruins have been doing with Tuuka Rask. But I am willing to take that chance. Daniel Vladar should be starting for the Flames on the back end of a back-to-back and the Blues had won 6 of 7 before their loss to the Flames. I like the Blues to get revenge tonight.

OVER 6.5
ANALYSIS: Both these teams are very capable of scoring goals and the sportsline sims have this total ending at 7.6. Knights are 12-6 to the over on the road this season while the Panthers are 18-6 to the over at home this season. Both teams are relatively healthy and both goalies have struggled to find consistency. I think both teams score at least 3 tonight, take the over.

FLORIDA -180
ANALYSIS: Panthers are returning home after a successful 3-2 5-game road trip. They are 21-3-0 at home this season. Vegas has lost 6 of their last 9 games and their two most recent wins were against the Canadiens and the struggling Caps. Knights should be without a couple key players again tonight while the Panthers are healthy. Take the Panthers at home.

+950 39-24 IN LAST 63 NHL PICKS

Posted : January 27, 2022 2:03 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

3 Rivers Sports

CBB
3* #822 Western Kentucky +3

Jim Feist

NBA
3* #552 Golden State -6

Pure Lock

10* New York Islanders -140
10* CS Fullerton +1.5

Kelso Sturgeon

NCAAB

25* Minnesota
15* UNC Wilmington
15* Portland U
15* Eastern Washington

Goodfella

CBB 3* San Diego
ADDED
1* 76ers moneyline

Smart Money Sports

NCAAB: Western Kentucky +3 (2 units)

Elite Sports Picks

Murray St. -12 over Tennessee Tech (NCAAB)

Insider Sports Report

4* North Carolina-Wilmington -4.5 over Northeastern (NCAAB)
Range: -3 to -7

3* Wisconsin -7.5 over Nebraska (NCAAB)
Range: -5.5 to -9.5

National Sports Service

4* Portland -3.5 over Pacific (NCAAB)

3* Arkansas St. +4.5 over Appalachian St. (NCAAB)

Primetime Sports Picks
Only The Best Sports Picks Everyday!

4 Unit --> B.Y.U. -3 over Santa Clara (NCAAB)

3 Unit --> Wisconsin -7.5 over Nebraska (NCAAB)

3 Unit --> Minnesota +5.5 over Golden St. (NBA)

Top Rank Sports Picks®
Over 25 years of handicapping excellence in Football, Basketball and Baseball.

Sports Handicapping At Its Best®

Marquee Picks® For 01/27/22

4★ Murray St. -12 over Tennessee Tech (NCAAB)

3★ James Madison -2 over Drexel (NCAAB)

Joey Cash
Iowa +2.5

WUnderdog
CBB
Georgia State +2 vs ul layfette

Posted : January 27, 2022 4:31 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Matt Severance

L.A. LAKERS @ PHILADELPHIA | 01/27 | 7:30 PM EST
PHILADELPHIA -138
ANALYSIS: I'm going to jump on this now because LeBron James suddenly has been listed as questionable -- I'm sure he plays but just in case not obviously this spread is going to jump and books are starting to take it down/raise it just in case.

+591 25-15 IN LAST 40 NBA PICKS

VANCOUVER @ WINNIPEG | 01/27 | 8:00 PM EST
WINNIPEG -160
ANALYSIS: Winnipeg has lost five straight but all to very good teams and just one at home. Connor Hellebuyck's home GAA (2.68) is about a half-goal better than away. Vancouver, on a three-game skid, is down its top two goaltenders still and a few key forwards and is 0-2 vs. the Jets this season, losing both of those at home. The Canucks have failed to score more than three goals in nine of their last 11 games. They are 2-7 in their past nine as dogs.

ANAHEIM @ MONTREAL | 01/27 | 7:00 PM EST
ANAHEIM -135
ANALYSIS: I don't think all that much of the Ducks, especially on the road and in the second of a back-to-back, but Montreal is still gutted by injury/COVID and awful. The latest Canadiens player lost was winger Christian Dvorak, who left Monday's 8-2 loss with a concussion. Cayden Primeau was in net for that and will be tonight as well. Maybe the 22-year-old will be good down the road, but he's 1-4-1 with a 4.32 GAA this season. The Ducks get blueliner Josh Manson back from protocols and go with backup Anthony Stolarz (2.66 GAA) in net. Anaheim is 5-1 in its past six as a road favorite. The Ducks beat the Habs 4-2 on Halloween.

UNDER 7
ANALYSIS: I was going to follow John and pick the Panthers to win this game but had a feeling that it was Spencer Knight's turn in net ... and it is. Thus, I have no interest in Florida at -180 now. This total rose from 6.5 to 7 at some books with the Knight news vs the Knights. Makes sense, but I still have to go Under 7 on principle even though Florida could score 7 at home itself. Vegas' Robin Lehner comes off a shutout of the Capitals. Again, it's not that easy for an NHL game to see eight total goals scored. We might push.

+1833 47-23-2 IN LAST 72 NHL PICKS

GARDNER-WEBB @ UNC-ASH. | 01/27 | 7:00 PM EST
UNC-ASH. -1
ANALYSIS: UNC Asheville leads the Big South in scoring and largely lives and dies behind the three-point arc as it ranks second in the conference in three-point shooting (38.1 percent) and fourth nationally in three-point defense (26.5 percent). Drew Pember comes off a 41-point, 11-rebound game in a win over Radford and was named Big South Player of the Week for the third time since Dec. 13. He averages 15.0 ppg, 6.4 rpg and 3.6 bpg (fourth nationally). UNC Asheville is 6-2 ATS in its past eight at home. Gardner-Webb is 1-4 ATS in its past five overall.

+1750 77-54-4 IN LAST 135 CBB ATS PICKS

John Bollman

VANCOUVER @ WINNIPEG | 01/27 | 8:00 PM EST
WINNIPEG -175
ANALYSIS: I wanted to make sure Hellebuyck was starting before playing this because he should be getting a night off soon, but he will be starting. Jets have now lost 5 in a row, but they haven’t been playing poorly. The Canucks have lost 7 of 10 games and they will still be without their top two goaltenders, despite Halak and Demko being activated from the COVID list today. Spencer Martin will start again. Games in Canada barely have any people right now (I believe I heard 250 total in the last broadcast) so home ice advantage is kind of mute in terms of crowd noise. However, we can’t overlook the effect of a team going on the road and not being able to feed off the boos either. I think the Jets end their losing streak with a bang tonight.

+950 39-24 IN LAST 63 NHL PICKS

Larry Hartstein

PURDUE @ IOWA | 01/27 | 9:00 PM EST
IOWA +2
ANALYSIS: All-American Keegan Murray (22.8 ppg) wasn't available when Iowa visited Purdue on Dec. 3. The Hawkeyes went 5 of 21 from deep but still were competitive in a 77-70 loss. They forced 17 Purdue turnovers. The Boilermakers expect to have Jaden Ivey back from a hip flexor tonight, but it's unclear how effective he'll be. Look for the home team to improve to 17-6 ATS in the past 23 meetings.

Justin Perri

NICHOLLS ST. @ MCNEESE ST. | 01/27 | 8:30 PM EST
MCNEESE ST. +4.5
ANALYSIS: This spread is a bit big considering how Nicholls has played recently. They’ve lost three of their last four games to sub par competition and covered in none of them. Meanwhile McNeese has the second best offensive rating and third best defensive rating in Southland play according to Ken Pom. They’re shooting well from behind the arc and pulling down offensive boards. This is too much value, grab the home points with McNeese.

WEBER ST. @ N. COLORADO | 01/27 | 8:00 PM EST
UNDER 158
ANALYSIS: This is a bit of a high number considering these teams play every year and haven’t gone over 146 points in their last five meetings and have average 131 points per contest in those games. In fact this matchup has gone under 159 in 17 straight meetings dating back to 2013!! Maybe that’s a jinx, but this is a battle between top teams in the Big Sky conference and I think it gets slowed down. Take the Under.

BELLARMINE @ STETSON | 01/27 | 7:30 PM EST
BELLARMINE -3
ANALYSIS: Bellarmine has done well this season against weaker teams, they are 6-0 ATS against teams that have a losing record, which 8-11 Stetson qualifies for. Bellarmine is also playing their best basketball of the season here in January, so I think we can see them keep some of that positive momentum tonight. The Knights do a bit better against teams with a weaker inside defensive presence and Stetson is the definition of weaker defensive presence. Meanwhile. the Hatters are dead last in effective field goal percentage allowed during ASUN play, giving up a 54.6% rate. They're also turning the ball over on 21% of possessions against conference foes. The line on Bellarmine is rising for a reason, they should get this done. Lay the -3.

MIDDLE TENN. @ MARSHALL | 01/27 | 7:00 PM EST
MIDDLE TENN. +2.5
ANALYSIS: Have we not been fading Marshall? They're 1-9 in their last 10 games both straight up and against the spread. Yet for some reason they are being favored to win their first Conference USA game of the season. My model has this is a 2 point win for the Blue Raiders, and I think the disagreement with the line comes because the Thundering Herd have won the last six times these teams have met. This, however, is a terrible Marshall team that can not seem to get it together. I'll grab the extra 2.5 points against a team I don't think should be expected to win.

+247 8-5 IN LAST 13 CBB PICKS

Jerry Palm

WISCONSIN -7.5
ANALYSIS: Wisconsin has been one of the more pleasant surprises in the country this season, thanks in no small part to the emergence of Johnny Davis as one of the best players in the nation. The Badgers have been good on the road too, covering the spread in 7 of 8 games away from home. Nebraska is languishing in last place, but has been feisty at home. Look for Wisconsin to get back to its winning ways and cover again on the road.

PURDUE @ IOWA | 01/27 | 9:00 PM EST
IOWA +2.5
ANALYSIS: Purdue won the first matchup between this two, holding off Iowa 77-70 at Mackey Arena. The Boilermakers had a great deal of trouble with the Hawkeyes' press and Iowa was without the Big Ten's leading scorer, Keegan Murray. Purdue is going to need to play like it did at Illinois to keep this close, but the odds don't favor that.

SmartMoneySports

2U Western KY +3
2U Washington +2.5
3U Memphis -12

IC

5 Unit Play. #861. Take Under 140 Stanford vs. USC (Thursday @ 11pm est)

4 Unit Play. #837. Take California +16 over UCLA (Thursday @ 9pm est)

Pickswise Sports

CBB 3* Best Bet - UCLA/California Over (3* CBB Best Bets 51-37 ytd)

CBB 2* Plays
Loyola-Chicago
Purdue (ML)
Colorado (ML)
Stanford/USC Over

NBA 3* Best Bet - Lakers (3* NBA Best Bets 44-50 ytd)

NHL 3* Best Bets (3* Best Bets 51-33 ytd)
Anaheim/Montreal Under
NY Rangers

PickersMx

Mushu
150 Dimes NCAAB
Gonzaga -27

Posted : January 27, 2022 5:29 pm
(@facook)
Eminent Member

Steve Merrill apparently has a 35-0 ATS situation in the NBA tonight. Any chance of getting a look at that?

Posted : January 27, 2022 6:41 pm
Share: