Clear all

Sat football action

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@jimmythegreek)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Noon ET: NC State (4-1, ranked 23rd) at North Carolina (3-1, ranked 14th)

Both of these teams are ranked and battling for the lead in the ACC. NC State is riding a three-game winning streak, most recently beating Duke 31-20 and covering as 3.5-point favorites. On the flip side, North Carolina just took their first loss of the season last week, falling to Florida State 31-28 and losing outright as 13.5-point favorites. This line opened with UNC listed as a 16-point home favorite. Pros and Joes both think this line is a bit high and have hit NC State, dropping the line from 16 to 14.5. The Wolfpack have value as a conference road dog with a line move. Pros have also targeted this under, dropping it from 64 to 60.

Lean NC State and under

Noon ET: Rutgers (0-0) at Michigan State (0-0)

This is the first game for both teams as the Big 10 returns today. It's also the debut for both coaches, as Greg Schiano is making his return to the Rutgers sideline and Mel Tucker takes over for longtime MSU coach Mark Dantonio. This line opened with Michigan State listed as a 13-point home favorite. A slight majority of bets are laying with points with the Spartans at home, yet this line has fallen from MSU -13 to -11. This signals respected money grabbing the points with Rutgers, causing sharp reverse line movement in their favor. Rutgers also has value as a road conference dog with a low total. We've seen pro money hit this under, dropping the total from 46.5 to 44.5.

Lean Rutgers

3:30 p.m. ET: Iowa State (3-1, ranked 17th) at Oklahoma State (3-0, ranked 6th)

This Big 12 showdown is one of the most heavily bet games of the day, featuring a pair of ranked conference rivals. After a stunning Week 1 loss to Louisiana, Iowa State has won three straight, most recently beating Texas Tech 31-15 and covering as 10-point favorites. Meanwhile, Oklahoma State is undefeated through three games and just waxed Kansas 47-7, easily covering and 21.5-point favorites. Both teams are averaging 30 PPG on offense. The difference is on defense, where Iowa State is giving up 28 PPG and OK State is only giving up 9 PPG. This line opened with OK State listed as a 3.5-point home favorite. The public is laying the points with the higher-ranked team at home, yet we've seen this fall from 3.5 to 3. This signals sharp reverse line movement on Iowa State, with respected money backing the road dog to keep it close. The Cycles also have value as a short road dog + 4 or less (roughly 54% last decade). We've also seen some sharp under money, dropping the total from 54 to 52.

Lean Iowa state

7 p.m. ET: South Carolina (2-2) at LSU (1-2)

Both of these SEC rivals are unranked and looking to get back into the national conversation. After an 0-2 start with losses to Tennessee and Florida, we've seen South Carolina respond with a two-game winning streak, most recently upsetting Auburn 30-22 as 2.5-point dogs. The Gamecocks are 3-0-1 ATS this season. On the flip side, it's been a disappointing start to the season for LSU, who is below .500 and just fell to Mizzou 45-41, losing outright as 14-point favorites. This line opened with LSU listed as a 6.5-point home favorite. Bets are split down the middle and the public doesn't know who to take. But we've seen pros back to the road dog, dropping South Carolina from + 6.5 to + 5. The Gamecocks have value as a conference dog and a short road dog with line movement in their favor.

Lean South Carolina

More notable line moves

Nebraska-Ohio State Over 65 to 68

Clemson -45 to -46 vs Syracuse

Penn State-Indiana Over 58.5 to 62

Virginia Tech -7.5 to -10.5 at Wake Forest

Kansas State -18 to -20.5 vs Kansas

Hawaii + 3.5 to + 2.5 at Fresno State

Miami -11.5 to -13.5 vs Virginia

Louisiana Tech -1.5 to -2.5 at UTSA

Missouri + 5.5 to + 3.5 vs Kentucky

Rice -3 to -4 vs MTSU

Boise State -14.5 to -17 vs Utah State

Posted : October 24, 2020 9:43 am
(@surfer)
Famed Member

LSU wins this one going away ... worst situation for s Carolina This week
Coming off beating a ranked opponent
Traveling to LSU
LSU week offf
Two unpracticed for qbs
True LSU has looked like crap but their defense scheme was too complex resulting in blown coverages the def coped has simplified it
But that’s good y’all keep pounding that lone down for me...

Posted : October 24, 2020 11:02 am
(@freezerqueen)
Reputable Member

Hey Surf, you gave the LSU pick early; but I have seen any other picks. I was wondering what they are?

Posted : October 24, 2020 11:46 am
(@surfer)
Famed Member

Hey Surf, you gave the LSU pick early; but I have seen any other picks. I was wondering what they are?

Freeze,
I’m more of a single game right situation type handicapper
Tim is the man for multiple picks
my win % doesn’t beat his so no sense in me trying

Posted : October 24, 2020 3:59 pm
(@freezerqueen)
Reputable Member

OK thanks Surf; but I like everyone's info...it makes things much easier for me,

Posted : October 24, 2020 4:05 pm
Share: