Clear all

Mobile Browser Issue

19 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jboppa)
Noble Member
Topic starter

It don't matter if I use Chrome or Safari on my iphone, but when loading the forum, the links or "buttons" don't work and I am having to keep refreshing the browser.
Is this just me or something that other users are experiencing?

Posted : September 14, 2019 1:53 pm
(@jimmythegreek)
Noble Member

I have all kinds of problems with my phone it’s getting impossible to check this website with pop ups and malware

Posted : September 14, 2019 3:01 pm
(@jboppa)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Thanks dino.
Good to know it aint just me

Posted : September 14, 2019 3:04 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

1) There is no malware here period. If you see any you should report it immediately because I take that shit super seriously.
2) I use safari for iphone all the time and have 0 issues other then having to close some ads, which is simple to do.
3) I will remove 1 of the pop up ads and also remove the sharing bar from the bottom of the page on mobile to see if that helps anyone out with their experience.
4) Like I said in the other thread, it costs hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to run this site from the cost of the platform, to content, to people wages so unless everyone wants to start paying a monthly fee to check shit and congregate and discuss games there are gonna be ads, that's just the reality of how this hamster wheel goes around. So, it's like I said to Strakey, would you rather close a few ads that pop up or would everyone prefer to pay $30 a month, every month?

I get it, the shit is annoying. It annoys me too but like I said, I'm not a lotto winner and I'm not doing this for a hobby. At the end of the day we need to make money in some form or fashion and unless someone else has a rich uncle they wanna put me in touch with I gotta show these ads.

Posted : September 14, 2019 4:03 pm
(@strakey)
Reputable Member

Mike I apologize for the tone of my message, but the issue remains. I’m pretty sure there is malware. I had to refresh 3 times to login because the buttons and link are broken at times. Also I got the pop up that my phone is infected and I need to purchase the software to fix it. I do appreciate what you’re giving for free, but it’s tough to even read a thread at times.

Posted : September 14, 2019 4:34 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

I'm not mad dude, I get it. It is annoying, we don't disagree there but I don't know what the alternative is.

Google actually provides a malware report and ours is spotless so if there is any, it's coming through an ad. Next time it happens take a screenshot and send it to me and I'll look into it. But I've never personally seen it.

Lets see what removing the pop up and mobile sharing bar do to help everyone out. I do hear you guys and I'll try to help all I can but turning ads off just isn't possible unless one of you wants me and my kid sleeping on your couch.

Posted : September 14, 2019 4:40 pm
(@jboppa)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Mike,
I dont mind the ads. There is something going on w the links being broken tho. Having to refresh page 3-4 times

Posted : September 14, 2019 4:42 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Send me what you are seeing too and I'll have someone look. But I'm not having the same issue so if I can't replicate it I don't understand I guess what is wrong.

mcash @ thespread.com and I'll look at what you have and see if I can get to the bottom of it

Posted : September 14, 2019 4:44 pm
(@surfer)
Famed Member

I get the phone infected also several times a week the mobile issue seems to be how the ad is rendered it seems to freeze the page most time I can’t type anything or click on anything so I refresh try again etc

Posted : September 14, 2019 5:43 pm
(@ttombobadly)
Reputable Member

The issue is that it’s not a quick “close a few adds” - it’s more difficult than that. It’s a blacked out screen, ads that you can’t skip, virus notifications, etc. if it were a quick and easy close you wouldn’t have ppl complaining. The other point - many more ads and I don’t see much change for content. Did costs go up significantly in places we can’t see? It’s possible, and I can undertabad that. You guys also deserve a good income. I’m just pointing out facts. But to us, we’re not seeing any difference and the user experience sucks. I’m personally ok with paying $5 or $10 a month for add free or extra content. But that’s just me.

Posted : September 14, 2019 6:05 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

It's far more complicated of a discussion on how all this happens then can be explained here Tom. Costs always go up but revenue streams constantly change as well and how we made money in 2007 isn't the same as how we make money in 2019. It's like comparing apples and watermelons. If anyone actually knew how all this happened it would blow your mind. This is not an easy industry to make a living in.

Be all that as it may I do have 1 other question, is this a sitewide issue or an issue exclusive to the forum? IE do you have problems on the homepage or only when you are trying to post/reply/login, etc

Posted : September 14, 2019 6:23 pm
(@ttombobadly)
Reputable Member

It’s tough to say considering a lot of the time is spent in the forums but I was surprised to see other ppl have had the same issue w typing and replying to topics on mobile. It took me a solid 15 min just to get that reply on mobile and had to reload and start over twice. I think there are more ads / virus ads that take you to a different webpage in the forums but I don’t view the Matchups page in mobile anyhow since it’s impossible.

Posted : September 14, 2019 10:55 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

I'm working on getting this corrected asap. What Tom sent me, should not be happening for any users, we agree there. But you're gonna have to be patient the remainder of the weekend.

If anyone else has screenshots of their experiences send them in. Anything helps.

Posted : September 15, 2019 8:33 am
(@jimmythegreek)
Noble Member

Much better this morning I did not get black screen nor did I get your iPhone is infected with virus so things look better

Posted : September 15, 2019 11:38 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Can anyone tell me how long this has been going on? A week, a month, all summer? It would be helpful to know when this started.

Posted : September 15, 2019 1:34 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: