Super Bowl Question - score, yards

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ttombobadly)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Fellow Degens

I'm currently tied for first in an NFL playoff pickem with a chance to win a few dimes - all i have to do is pick super bowl winner, final score, and total # of offensive yards (both teams). The yards is just a tie breaker, so score and winner most important.

Let me hear it from you guys, what do you have?

I'm leaning Pats 28-25

(the scoring is graded on how far off you are from each team's score, so if the final score was pats 30 (2 points off) and Rams 27 (2 points off), the error would be 4 points. So while the Rams may not score 25, i'm estimating the error would be less than picking 24 for example)

Thanks

Posted : January 30, 2019 9:44 am
(@surfer)
Famed Member

Rams 30-24
Or 30-20
Rams shut down saints runners down
they will shut down Michele also shut the run down brady looks more like Blaine Gabbert

Posted : January 30, 2019 11:37 am
(@ttombobadly)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I was really down on Saints leading up to that game and Brees lived up to how awful I thought he had been in the 4 games prior - something like 5 picks and 4 TD's last four games. He can't throw the ball over 15 yards and there was no real threat in the passing game to free up the run game (career worst 6.3 YPA in a playoff game against Rams). I do worry about Suh and Donald making Brady uncomfortable but I think they'll be able to scheme out of it. I don't trust Goff for one minute.

Posted : January 30, 2019 6:20 pm
(@surfer)
Famed Member

I think Goff will be fine it’s gurley who needs to go over 100
Pats lost to Miami
Detroit
tenn
Jacksonville
pittsburgh and if Kareem huntbhadnt been an idiot and was playing chiefs woulda won
they have weaknesses this year compared to other years I think the L a coaches will zero in on them

Posted : January 30, 2019 7:21 pm
(@ttombobadly)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Interesting, thanks for the input guys. So you're both leaning Rams ml and/or +3 if you can get it?

Posted : January 31, 2019 8:55 am
(@hightide)
Reputable Member

I have the Rams as a 1 point fav using my own line created by using multiple power rankings. Used it during the season for a pick em contest and went 140-103 for the year. Good enough to take first place. Its not fail proof but it did the job.
So I'm leaning Rams +2.5 even. Maybe 28-26ish
Don't like going against the Brady/Belichek duo as you know they will have an awesome game plan in place but it should be entertaining.
I have a ton of squares and some prop bets going so I wont do much with the game/total.

Posted : January 31, 2019 12:32 pm
(@surfer)
Famed Member

I think the more burning question is does Gladys Knight go over or under the star spangled banner time
In 1991 she sang it in 1:32 that blows the over away
However when u listen to midnight train to Georgia I can see this being a long dragged out ...

Posted : February 1, 2019 11:14 am
Share: