Clear all

Free NCAAFB, NFL & NBA Service Plays For Sunday 1/6/19

14 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Sunday 12/30/18 thread for free handicapping service plays and expert predictions for NCAAFB, NFL & NBA games.

Posted : January 6, 2019 9:34 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mike Wynn

Free Play: LA Clippers -7 Over Orlando

Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR SUNDAY: RHODE ISLAND +5 over St Louis

Totals4U

Sunday's Free Selection: Rhode Island Rams/St Louis Billikens under 132

Roz Wins

Roz's Sunday, January 6, 2019, Free Pick

(573) CHARLOTTE HORNETS VS (574) PHOENIX SUNS

Take : Hornets

Atlantic Sports

Sunday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: George Washington - 5 1/2

Posted : January 6, 2019 10:57 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

#1 Sports

Sunday's Free Selection: Rhode Island Rams + 5

Platinum Plays

Free Pick: the Phoenix Suns +2 over Charlotte

Easy Money Sports

Lee's Early Sunday Free Selection Is
Seton Hall -2½

Nevada Sharpshooter

Your free winner for Sunday: Take IOWA +2½ over Nebraska

Golden Dragon

FREE WINNER for Sunday
Xavier +8 College BB

Posted : January 6, 2019 10:59 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Hawkeye Sports

Sunday's Free Pick: Detroit Red Wings + 160

Huddle Up Sports

Free Play: Northwestern -7' College BB

Arthur Ralph

FREE play Sun USC - 6 1/2 CBB

Vegas Steam Line

Your free winner for Sunday: WISCONSIN -1 over Penn St

High Stakes Syndicate

Free Selection for Sunday: Wichita State Shockers - 1

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:01 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Kenny Towers

FREE PLAY FOR SUNDAY - WASHINGTON/OK CITY OVER 225

John Anthony Sports

Sunday's Free Selection: Stanford Cardinal + 6 1/2

GUS AUGUSTINE

After a 22-10 final score between these 2 teams back on December 22nd in a game that held Under the total, I will look for a repeat on the total today at M&T Bank Stadium today.

A closer look at that 22-10 score shows the lone Chargers touchdown came after Baltimore had fumbled the ball away inside of their own 20 early in the 3rd quarter, and the 2 Ravens touchdowns came on a fluke 68 yard TD pass to the tight-end, and a fluke 62 yard fumble return for the other Baltimore score.

I just don't see those plays materializing today between these AFC rivals.

Los Angeles comes into this one having held Under in 3 of their last 4 games, and 7 of their last 10 overall, while Baltimore has played 3 of their last 5 Under the posted total.

With the Baltimore defense really limiting Philip Rivers in the first meeting, it's hard to see Rivers going "ballistic" in this game, and likewise it is hard to imagine rookie Lamar Jackson being put in position to jeopardize ball control football by coach John Harbaugh.

I have a feeling this game is going to be dominated by BOTH defenses, and scoring chances will be very limited today.

The total I am seeing as I type this analysis is around 41 points, but I don't see anything higher than 36 combined points being posted today.

Chargers-Ravens to land Under the total.

4* L.A. CHARGERS-BALTIMORE UNDER

TOMMY BRUNSON

Big Ten action from Iowa City, and that has to be comforting news for the Hawkeyes, as they just got their lunch handed to them yet again on the conference road.

On Thursday the Hawkeyes got steamrolled in West Lafayette against Purdue, as Fran McCaffrey's team has now played 3 times in conference action, and lost all of them.

You may recall Iowa getting blasted in East Lansing against Michigan State in December, with their game prior to that also a loss, at home to Wisconsin.

It's about time Iowa breaks their conference maiden, and I think they will do that against another team that also has been very strong at home, but on the conference road they have had issues breaking through.

Nebraska plays their second in a row on the conference road, as they let their weeknight game earlier this week slip away at Maryland in a 74-72 loss that left them 0-2 on the Big Ten road. The Huskers also losing earlier this term at Minnesota.

The Cornhuskers come in averaging roughly 3 points less per game than the Hawkeyes, but they have done a much better job defensively, as they are holding foes to about 11 points less per game. That's a pretty big difference for sure, but my feeling is after getting waxed on the road again, Iowa will be chomping at the bit for this home contest against a team that drained their well in that loss at College Park.

The home team has won each of the last 4 series meetings, and 8 of the last 9 meetings overall straight up. The host has also covered in 6 of the last 9, so until I see evidence that one of these teams can actually win on the conference road, will stick with the tried and true home stats I have just spelled out for you.

Take the basket they are giving and ride Iowa on Sunday.

3* IOWA

RAY CHADWICK

Atlanta back home after 3 straight games on the road. Oh, did I mention those 3 games were ALL losses straight up, with Friday night's setback in Milwaukee a rather lopsided 144-112 tally.

Cannot expect much of a bump just because the Hawks are back in their nest at State Farm Arena, as Atlanta is just 6-10 straight up, and 5-11 against the spread at home thus far.

Miami comes into this one off a Friday night home win over over Washington, as the Heat is now on a 2 game winning streak, and stand at 10-4 straight up their last 14 games contested.

This is already the third series meeting of the season between these Southeast Division rivals, and believe it or not, the Hawks have won and covered BOTH! Atlanta winning 123-118 as the +5 point home dog in November, and also 115-113 in Miami as the +7 1/2 point dog - also in November.

Safe to say the calendar no longer reads November, and also safe to say I do not see the Hawks making it a "hat trick" this Sunday night against the revenge-minded Heat.

Kent Bazemore is the latest felled Hawk as he is watching from the sideline with an ankle sprain.

Miami has covered in 5 of their last 7 games played in Atlanta, and I don't mind laying a little road wood here, as the Heat are 10-7 straight up, and 12-5 against the spread on the road so far this season.

Double-revenge for Miami on Sunday.

3* MIAMI

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:02 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BIG AL

Our complimentary selection for Sunday, January 6 is:

Chicago Bulls +2 over Brooklyn Nets.

CAPPERS ACCESS
(NFL)
Chargers
Eagles

BOBBY CONN
NCAA-B | Jan 06, 2019
Miami-FL vs. Louisville
1* Free Play on Louisville -5½ -110

HUNTER PRICE
NCAA-B | Jan 06, 2019
Miami-FL vs. Louisville
1* Free Pick on Louisville -5½ -110

BRODY VAUGHN
NHL | Jan 06, 2019
Oilers vs. Ducks
OVER 5½ +105

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:04 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BRYAN LEONARD
NFL | Jan 06, 2019
Eagles vs. Bears
Eagles+6½ -109

When capping the Eagles you must take out all the games in which Nick Foles didn't play. The team is much more of a passing team with him behind center, and the players believe in him after what he did a year ago. This is an Eagles team that won the Super Bowl last year against a team with a rookie quarterback and rookie head coach. Yes the Bears defense is terrific, no doubt about it. But what can we expect out of this Chicago offense now that its reached the postseason. For a personal bet I'm waiting to see if this line gets to seven. So we are in no hurry right now. Even at the current number there is value on this veteran Eagles squad.

PLAY PHILADELPHIA

CHIP CHIRIMBES

Eagles/Bears (OVER)

Philadelphia's offense is back on track with Nick Foles leading the way as they seem to play more effectively when he is at the helm. The Bears behind Mitch Trubisky who has cut down his pass interceptions and moves the offense with a balanced attack behind Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen. The Eagles scored 31-points against the Bears last November and move the ball against Chicago who has the No. 1 defense. But, this is playoff time and each team will take advantage of every scoring opportunity. Play OVER!

DOUG UPSTONE
NFL | Jan 06, 2019
Eagles vs. Bears
UNDER 41½ -115

On Sunday, Play Under on any team when the total is between 35.5 and 42 points (CHICAGO and PHILADELPHIA) In a game involving two passing teams averaging 6.7-7.3 yards per pass attempt, after 8+ games. In the last decade, this situation is 28-6 UNDER, 82.4 percent.

MARC LAWRENCE

Play: Bears-Eagles UNDER (Game 107-108).

Edges - Eagles: 9-17 UNDER versus NFC North opponents in games with a total of 47 or fewer points … Bears: 0-4 UNDER last four games … With the last 12 Wild Card Round games between No. 3 and No. 6 seeded team having gone 1-11 UNDER the total, we recommend a 1* play on the ‘Under’ in this game. Thank you and good luck as always.

TOTALS GURU
NCAA-B | Jan 06, 2019
Richmond vs. Dayton
Free Total Annihilator On Richmond vs Dayton over 144½ -109

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:06 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

CALVIN KING
NFL | Jan 06, 2019
Chargers vs. Ravens
[1%] Free Play on Ravens -2½

STEVE JANUS
NFL | Jan 06, 2019
Eagles vs. Bears
1* Free Sharp Play on Bears -6 -110

ROB VINCILETTI

The NCAAB Comp play is on Marquette at noon eastern.

The Golden Eagles have covered 6 of 7 as a home favorite and have a better RPI Scale rank at 39 than Xavier does at 74. Marquette has won all 3 home games vs teams ranked in the top 100 and that does not bode well for a Xavier team that has failed to cover both times here as a dog and 18 straight when they lose as a road dog at any venue. The Musketeers have failed to cover 9 of 11 vs .600 or better teams and 5 of 7 on Sundays, Marquette has covered 4 straight on Sundays and 5 of 6 vs winning teams. With Xavier 0-4 vs top 50 teams and the favorite in this series 4-1 to the spread. We will Back Marquette.

MIKE LUNDIN
NBA | Jan 06, 2019
Hornets vs. Suns
OVER 224

The Charlotte Hornets took a 123-110 beating at Denver yesterday and have now allowed more than 120 points in back-to-back defeats. The Bookmakers believe they'll end the skid here as they're favored by a small number at Phoenix, but my eyes are on the total as I think the number is a bit light.

Charlotte will face a Phoenix team with among the worst defensive efficiency ratings in the league giving up 111.2 points per 100 possessions. The Suns have allowed an average of 125 points per game during a five-game losing streak but I think we'll see the home team push the tempo to try and get the better of the presumed fatigued Hornets, giving us an up-tempo, high-scoring game.

Over is 7-0 in Hornets last seven road games. Over is 7-0 in the last seven meetings.

Free pick on OVER.

Furbookie

nfl chicago bears ‑6

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:08 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Vegas Consultants

NHL NEW YORK RANGERS +115

Line Mover Sports

NFL LOS ANGELES CHARGERS +3

Team Underground

NFL LOS ANGELES CHARGERS +3

Valley Sports

NBA BROOKLYN NETS ‑2.5

Sports Book Edge
Kevin 'Bubba' Smith
'Railside' Harry MLB Expert
31/2 Ch Blackhawks/Pit.Penquins Over

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:11 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Priority Sports Info
Roy Maddux
#566 Minnesota Timberwolves

TDS Pucks & Dunks
Sloan Shannon
Home of the Dog Pound
#21 New York Rangers

Golden Locks Sports

#105/6 LA Chargers/Balt Ravens Under

Billy Irish Picks
Billy Irish
Original Pot of Gold Top Play
#32 Pittsburgh Penguins

Todays Round Robin
Harry Walker

#804 Marquette

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:19 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Vegas Pro Insiders Daily
Doug Upstone
#107/8 Ph Eagles/Ch Bears Under

Vegas Pro Insiders Daily
Doug Upstone
#107/8 Ph Eagles/Ch Bears Under

Tommy King Wins

NBA MIAMI HEAT ‑6

Top Dog

NCAA Basketball RHODE ISLAND RAMS +175

Posted : January 6, 2019 11:30 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

MaxActionSports

NFL BALTIMORE RAVENS ‑3

Top Shelf Sports Pick

NHL PITTSBURGH PENGUINS ‑240

Vegas Investment Picks

NFL BALTIMORE RAVENS ‑135

Jeff Allen

Sunday's Free Selection is on the Washington Capitals

Teyas Sports

FREE PICK 1/6/2019 CBB NEBRASKA-2 1/2

Posted : January 6, 2019 12:18 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BRYAN LEONARD

Event: (107) Philadelphia Eagles at (108) Chicago Bears
Sport/League: NFL
Date/Time: January 6, 2019 4PM EST
Play: Philadelphia Eagles 6.5 (-112)

107 Philadelphia at Chicago

When capping the Eagles you must take out all the games in which Nick Foles didn't play. The team is much more of a passing team with him behind center, and the players believe in him after what he did a year ago. This is an Eagles team that won the Super Bowl last year against a team with a rookie quarterback and rookie head coach. Yes the Bears defense is terrific, no doubt about it. But what can we expect out of this Chicago offense now that its reached the postseason. For a personal bet I'm waiting to see if this line gets to seven. So we are in no hurry right now. Even at the current number there is value on this veteran Eagles squad.

PLAY PHILADELPHIA

JACK JONES

Jack’s Free Pick Sunday: Chicago Bulls +2.5

The Chicago Bulls have gotten healthier and have started to play much more competitive basketball here of late. They are 5-2 ATS in their last seven games overall with three outright wins as underdogs. Look for them to win at home here today against the Brooklyn Nets.

The Nets are starting to get a lot of respect from oddsmakers now. That’s because they’ve gone 11-3 SU & 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games overall. Give them credit, but they should not be road favorites here against the Bulls.

Chicago is going to want revenge from a 93-96 home loss to the Nets on December 19th just a few weeks back. The Bulls led that game basically the entire way before fumbling it away in the closing minutes.

Chicago is 8-1 ATS in home games off two or more consecutive losses this season. The Bulls are 5-0 ATS in their last five games when playing on one days’ rest. Chicago is 4-0 ATS in its last four Sunday games. Bet the Bulls Sunday.

JIMMY BOYD

1* Free NCAAB Pick on Louisville Cardinals -6

Last time out the Cardinals lost 71-58 at home to rival Kentucky and I believe it has Louisville showing some decent value here in a bounce back spot against a struggling Miami team. The Cardinals are 40-23 ATS in their last 63 off a double-digit loss and a dominant 12-4 ATS in their last 16 off a double-digit loss at home.

Prior to losing to a very good Kentucky team, Louisville had opened up a perfect 8-0 at home and were 6-1 in their previous 7, with the only loss by a mere 1-point at Indiana. Miami also comes in off an upset loss at home, but they fell to NC State and are just 3-5 in their last 8 with losses to the likes of Yale, Penn and Rutgers.

The fact that the Hurricanes are just 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games speaks volumes to just how overrated this team has been early on. Note that Miami's only true road game was a 14-point loss at Penn, a game they were favored to win by 5.5. I just don't think it's asking a lot for the Cardinals to win here by at least 7. Take Louisville!

KENNY WALKER
NCAA-B | Jan 06, 2019
Holy Cross vs. Navy
Holy Cross-6½ -110

MIKE WILLIAMS
NCAA-B | Jan 06, 2019
Stanford vs. USC
1* on USC -5½ -109

Posted : January 6, 2019 12:20 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

RAY MONOHAN
NHL | Jan 06, 2019
Oilers vs. Ducks
Oilers+140

The Oilers are worth a flyer here. If the Oilers want to be contenders, beating divisional opponents has to become a top priority.

They trail the Ducks by just 4 points for the 2nd wild card and this is a team that should be able to create a lot of issues for Anaheim.

Edmonton plays fast and uses a lot of counter attacks. Look for them to really utilize that here as that is the complete opposite of the style Anaheim plays with.

Some trends to note. Ducks are 7-19 in their last 26 games playing on 1 days rest., and are 0-7 in their last 7 overall. Lastly, the Ducks are 0-5 in their last 5 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.

Grab the visitors. Back Edmonton.

Good Luck, Razor Ray.

BRANDON LEE

10* FREE NBA PICK (Bulls +2.5)

I'll take my chances here with Chicago as a home dog against the Nets. The Bulls come in having lost 3 straight, but are playing better of late and we see that with their 5-2 ATS mark in their last 7 games. Chicago really hasn't had their full compliment of players all year because of injury. They are as close as they have been with Bobby Portis expected to return to action on Sunday.

The other big thing here is that while Brooklyn has been playing well of late, this would be a really easy spot for the Nets to not show up. You got an early start time, which is never fun and a much bigger game on deck tomorrow night against rival Boston.

Now is the time to jump on the Bulls. Chicago is 8-1 ATS last 9 after back-to-back losses and 5-1 ATS last 6 vs a team from the east. Give me Chicago +2.5!

SCOTT DELANEY

My free play is on the Vegas Golden Knights on the Puck Line, against the New Jersey Devils.

Vegas returns home after scooting out to Anaheim for a 3-2 victory on Friday, when the defending Western Conference champs overcame a 2-1 deficit with back-to-back second period goals in less than a minute to secure their fifth straight victory. Today they make it six in a row by thrashing a team that handed them the worst home loss in franchise history.

The Golden Knights are the hottest team in the Western Conference and the second-hottest team in the league behind only Tampa Bay (18-1-1) over the last six-plus weeks, with an impressive 16-3-3 record in that span.

This is a team that has found its offensive rhythm, more so because of the defense it's employed. Vegas has allowed just five goals total over its last five games.

And goaltender four-time All-Star netminder Marc-Andre Fleury has been outstanding of late, as he's won a league-leading 24 games, including Friday's victory over Anaheim. I expect him to be in net today against the banged up Devils, who sorely miss Hart Trophy Winner Taylor Hall.

What I like about this Vegas team is its third-period prowess once again. The Golden Knights have outscored opponents 47-32 in the third period, and their plus-15 goal differential over the final 20 minutes ranks fifth in the NHL behind Calgary (+31), Colorado (+19), Winnipeg (+17) and Nashville (+16).

Big win for Vegas, which opens a three-game homestand today.

3* GOLDEN KNIGHTS PUCK LINE

CHRIS JORDAN

If I wasn't playing the NFL Playoff game in Baltimore today, this American Athletic Conference clash between the Memphis Tigers and Houston Cougars would be on my radar as a premium selection. The 19th-ranked Cougars are one of four unbeaten teams and ride a 27-game homecourt winning streak into this game.

And while you think offense when hearing "Houston Cougars," the identity of this team is its aggressive defense, getting after people, staying on them with a physical approach and using that tenacity to create its ofefnse. The Cougs have some good guards and scorers, but everybody plays by committee, starring in their own roles.

The Cougars sit atop the AAC with the nation's ninth-best scoring defense that yields 58.1 points per game, while ranking third in the nation in field goal percentage defense at 35.8 percent. Led by senior guards Corey Davis Jr. and Galen Robinson Jr., and junior Armoni Brooks, the trio is putting in 39.1 points per game. Brooks leads Houston in rebounding while Robinson averages a team-high 5.4 assists per game.

Coach Kelvin Sampson has his team walking on to the court for every game with a mindset is going to win, no matter how stagnant the offense may be, or how big a deficit the team falls into - the Cougars play with a confidence swagger that helped them stay undefeated.

All that could pose problem's for the Tigers, who like to think of themselves as an offensive juggernaut, leading the AAC and ranking 17th nationally in scoring at 85.1 points per game. And while I know Memphis has shot 50 percent or better in six of its last seven games, it scored just 76 points in its lone true road game this season, on a mere 40.6 percent shooting. The Tigers hit a meager 70 percent from the free-throw line on the highway.

And, in its only road game - an 85-76 loss at LSU - it was nearly two months ago, on Nov. 13. Since then, the Tigers have played four others on the road, all on neutral courts.

The fact this team's first game away from Memphis in more than a month - it last played Texas Tech on a neutral court on Dec. 1 - is at defensively sound Houston, is trouble.

Take the Cougs.

1* HOUSTON

JACK BRAYMAN

My free play for Sunday is in College Basketball, where I head to Los Angeles for the Pac 12 battle between Stanford and Southern Cal.

The Trojans (8-6, 1-0 Pac 12) welcome Stanford (7-6, 0-1) to the Galen Center while they ride a season-best three-game win streak for a second time this season. USC will win its first two Pac-12 contests for the first time since the 2010 season, as I have it smashing an outmatched Cardinal squad that is in off a 92-70 loss at UCLA on Thursday. The 92 points allowed were a season high, and now the Cardinal has to deal with a team that is averaging 80.9 at home this season.

Nick Rakocevic dropped a career-high 27 points and Derryck Thornton produced his first career double-double to lead USC to an 82-73 victory in its league opener against California on Thursday. Rakocevic scored 20 of his points in the second half, as the Trojans enjoyed one of the best offensive outings of the season, hitting 53.4 percent of its field goal attempts.

Rakocevic is tied for 19th in the nation in double-doubles while his 10.1 rebounds per game rank 15th nationally and are best in the Pac-12. He's averaging a double-double with 15.2 points per game.

What was impressive, though, considering the Trojans had only seven scholarship players available for the game due to injuries, is they had 21 assists and turned the ball over just five times as a team. USC has averaged 20.5 assists in its wins and leads all Pac-12 teams with 231 assists this season.

That could pose a problem for Stanford, which gives up 81 points per road game, has given up an average of 84 points per game during a 1-2 slide. Conversely, USC has scored an average of 82 points during a three-game win streak.

I like Rakocevic a lot, and like the way this team plays as a unit to support its star forward.

Lay the points with USC here.

5* USC

Posted : January 6, 2019 12:22 pm
Share: