Clear all

Free NCAAFB, NFL & NBA Service Plays For Thursday 1/3/19

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Thursday 1/3/19 thread for free handicapping service plays and expert predictions for NCAAFB, NFL & NBA games.

Posted : January 3, 2019 8:45 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Bobby Conn
Jan 03 '19, 7:00 PM in 10h
NCAA-B | College of Charleston vs Towson
Play on: Towson +7½ -106

Jesse Schule
Jan 03 '19, 7:00 PM in 10h
NCAA-B | Northern Kentucky vs Oakland
Play on: UNDER 151 -109

This is a Free #NCAAB play on NKU@OAK to go Under the total.

I bet on the under in Northern Kentucky's home win over Indiana Purdue, and after a low scoring first half they ended up going over the number of 145. Tonight's total is a little bit higher, perhaps a little too high. Here is what I said prior to the win over INDPU: "The Norse are a strong team on defense, allowing just 65 points per game this season, and allowing just over 62 points per game at home. Northern Kentucky has failed to reach the total in five of it's last six home games, and tonight's number is far higher than it was in most of those previous contests." The Norse have since defeated UIC, falling well short of the total in that game. They have failed to reach the total in four of their last five games overall, and Oakland has gone under in eight of their last 10 versus teams from the Horizon.

Take Under.

Steve Janus
Jan 03 '19, 7:30 PM in 11h
NCAA-B | George Mason vs St. Joe's
Play on: St. Joe's -7½ -105

Hunter Price
Jan 03 '19, 8:00 PM in 11h
NCAA-B | UTEP vs Texas-San Antonio
Play on: UTEP +7 -109

Stephen Nover
Jan 03 '19, 8:05 PM in 11h
NHL | Capitals vs Blues
Play on: Capitals -118 at betonline

This is a short price to lay getting the defending Stanley Cup champions off an embarrassing 6-3 home loss to the Predators. The Capitals have been crushing weak-to-medicore teams like the Blues winning nine of 10 games before falling to Nashville. During this span the Capitals beat the Senators twice, the Hurricanes twice, the Sabres twice, Red Wings, Blue Jackets and Coyotes. Washington has defeated St. Louis the past five times and has won five of the past six meetings in St. Louis. The Blues can't match the Capitals' firepower. They are averaging two goals during their last five games.

Posted : January 3, 2019 9:24 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Will Rogers
Jan 03 '19, 8:05 PM in 11h
NBA | Raptors vs Spurs
Play on: Spurs -1½ -115 at BMaker

The set-up: Toronto’s Kawhi Leonard returns to San Antonio to face his former team tonight and I think that Spur’s coach Gregg Popovich and company will risk life and limb here to try and secure a victory. Toronto enters off a satisfying 122-116 home win over Utah on Tuesday, while San Antonio got the better of Boston 120-111 at home most recently. Leonard had 45 points in the victory over the Jazz, but with “floor general” Kyle Lowry still sidelined with injury for the Raptors, I think the visitors will have a hard time matching pace with a motivated San Antonio team in its own building. Let’s not forget about DeMar DeRozan either, who felt slighted with the Leonard trade and who will be out to destroy his former club.

The pick: Take it for what you will as well, but the Raptors are just 9-10 ATS on the road this season anyways and a poor 5-9 ATS following a home victory, while San Antonio is 14-6 ATS at home and 4-1 ATS in its last five when playing with two days rest. I think this one has blowout written all over it. Consider SA in this one.

John Anthony Sports

Thursday's Free Selection: BYU Cougars - 3

Mike Wynn

Free Play: Free Wright St -4½ Over Detroit

Ray Chadwick

Thursday comp play is the Spurs minus the basket at home over the Raptors.

You know he would never admit it in public, but you can be sure that San Antonio coach Gregg Popovich wants to win this game tonight against former Spur, Kawhi Leonard and his Toronto Raptors.

I think the Spurs stand a good chance of doing just that, as San Antonio continues to make a fortress out of their home court. The Spurs come into this game having won and covered 4 in a row at home, and they are on a 9-1 straight up and against the spread roll their last 10 on their home hardwood.

Leonard did just post a career-high 45 points in a home win over the Utah Jazz his last time out, as the Raptors come into San Antonio having won their last pair of games. Problem is, both wins came at home. On the road, Toronto has been struggling of late, as they have dropped 4 of their last 5 both straight up and against the spread.

Not only that, but Leonard is missing a few of his key running mates, as Kyle Lowry is still sidelined as is Jonas Valanciunis.

The house should be full tonight for the Spurs, and I expect them to leave satisfied after the home team continues their hot home play against a team that is struggling on the road.

Play the Spurs.

4* SAN ANTONIO

Posted : January 3, 2019 9:30 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jeff Allen

Thursday's Free Selection is on the Iona Gaels

Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR THURSDAY: ELON +7½ over Drexel

Totals4U

Thursday's Free Selection: George Mason/St Joseph's over 145 1/2

Roz Wins

Roz's Thursday, January 3, 2019, Free Pick

1/03 07:05 PM NBA (521) DENVER NUGGETS VS (522) SACRAMENTO KINGS

Take : Nuggets

Atlantic Sports

Thursday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: Georgia Southern + 4

Posted : January 3, 2019 12:44 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

#1 Sports

Thursday's Free Selection: Delaware Blue Hens pick 'em

Platinum Plays

Free Pick: the UAB Blazers -6½ over Florida Atlantic

Sharp Bettor
SharpBettor FREE Play for Thursday, January 3, 2019

1/03 05:05 PM NBA (519) TORONTO RAPTORS VS (520) SAN ANTONIO SPURS

Take : Spurs

Nevada Sharpshooter

Your free winner for Thursday: Take SAN DIEGO -5½ over Santa Clara

Golden Dragon

FREE WINNER for Thursday
UAB -6' College BB

Posted : January 3, 2019 12:47 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Hawkeye Sports

Thursday's Free Pick: Boston Bruins - 140

Huddle Up Sports

Free Play: California +12 College BB

Arthur Ralph

FREE play Thursday Michigan -11 CBB

Teyas Sports

FREE PICK 1/3/2019 WISCONSIN -9 1/2

Vegas Steam Line

Your free winner for Thursday: DENVER/SACRAMENTO UNDER the total of 227½

Posted : January 3, 2019 12:51 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

High Stakes Syndicate

Free Selection for Thursday: San Diego Toreros - 5 1/2

Kenny Towers

FREE PLAY FOR THURSDAY - TORONTO/SAN ANTONIO UNDER 216½

Mike Williams
Jan 03 '19, 7:00 PM in 7h
NCAA-B | St Francis NY vs Bryant
Play on: St Francis NY -2 -109

Jimmy Boyd
NCAA-B | Elon vs Drexel
Play on: Elon +7½ -108 at pinnacle

1* Free Pick on Elon Fighting Phoenix +7.5

Great value here with the Fighting Phoenix as a near double-digit road dog to the Dragons. Drexel has started out 0-2 in CAA play, losing by 14 at Hofstra and 10 at Northeastern. Elon is 1-1, as they knocked off James Madison at home last time out.

This a much more even matchup than this line would suggest. Elon is the better defensive team (opponents are shooting 49.3% against Drexel). The Phoenix are also averaging 10 made 3-pointers to the Dragons 7.

Dragons also don't have a great home court advantage and we have seen the road team cover 7 of the last 10 meetings. Elon is not only 3-1 ATS last 4 trips to Drexel, the Fighting Phoenix have won 3 of the last 4 trips to face the Dragons outright. Take Elon!

Kenny Walker
NCAA-B | St Francis NY vs Bryant
Play on: St Francis NY -2 -110

Posted : January 3, 2019 12:54 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Matt Josephs
NCAA-B | Marshall vs Old Dominion
Play on: Marshall +7½ -109 at GTBets

ODU is 10-3 on the season, but they are scoring just 66.4 points per game. The Monarchs have been carried by their defense which is holding teams to 56.5 points per game and 35.2% shooting. They go as Ahmad Caver and BJ Stith go and Stith is almost completely healed from his injury. The team is without Marquis Godwin who is their fourth leading scorer, but one of their better shooters from long range. For a team that has struggled at times to score, that's an issue. Scoring is not an issue for Marshall with Jon Elmore and CJ Burks. Defense has been their massive problem as they allowed 100 points to Virginia last time out. Last year the Thundering Herd was able to crack the Monarchs D with 79 and 76 points in their two meetings. This is a high point total, but I think the Herd can keep things close and I'll look at the road team.

Scott Rickenbach
Jan 03 '19, 7:05 PM in 7h
NHL | Hurricanes vs Flyers
Play on: Flyers -114 at pinnacle

Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach NHL Game #50 Thursday Free Pick Philadelphia Flyers Money Line (-) vs Carolina Hurricanes @ 7:05 ET - The Hurricanes are 0 for 25 on the power play in their last 7 games. Carolina has had just one big game in terms of goal scoring output in this stretch. In the other 6 games the Canes have scored an average of just 1.3 goals per game! The Flyers are in desperate need of a win and I look for a return to home ice to do the trick. Philadelphia has played a road-heavy schedule so far this season and that coupled with the organizational upheaval (at GM and head coach) have put the Flyers in a tough spot. But they are not dead yet and I look for a big response here after a 4-0 loss at Nashville. Philly does have revenge here too for a loss at Carolina last week. It is payback time. Carolina is 4-8 in divisional games this season and also 4-7 in road games with a posted total of 6 or more goals. The Flyers have NOT lost 5 straight games this season. Each time they've been on a losing streak of 4 games they've won the 5th game to snap the skid. Also note that the home team is on a 10-2 run in Flyers games. Look for that streak to add another W tonight! Free Pick PHILADELPHIA

Info Plays
Jan 03 '19, 7:30 PM in 7h
NCAA-B | George Mason vs St. Joe's
Play on: George Mason +7 -109

Dustin Hawkins
Jan 03 '19, 9:00 PM in 9h
NCAA-B | Colorado vs Arizona
Play on: Arizona -6½ -110

Cole Faxon
Jan 03 '19, 10:00 PM in 10h
NCAA-B | California vs USC
Play on: California +12 -109

Posted : January 3, 2019 12:58 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Alex Smart
Jan 03 '19, 10:35 PM in 10h
NBA | Rockets vs Warriors
Play on: UNDER 226 -109

Houston enters this game playing very conservatively/methodically on the road of late, and are really paying attention to transition defence, which has resulted in 6 straight unders with the combined average score clicking in at 204.7 ppg with non of the games seeing more than 212 points scored. Here against what we all know is an explosive Golden State offence Im betting the Rockets continue to play grinding hoops, and in part take the Warriors out of their flow. This I expect will keep this totals score much lower than anticipated. Note: HOUSTON is 13-3 UNDER in road games versus good teams - outscoring their opponents by 3+ points/game over the last 2 seasons with a combined average of 202.8 ppg going on the board.

NBA Road teams where the total is greater than or equal to 220 (HOUSTON) - after a win by 10 points or more against opponent after 2 straight wins by 10 points or more are 23-4 UNDER L/22 seasons for a 85% conversion rate for bettors with the combined average score clicking in at 217.6 ppg.

Play UNDER

Brandon Lee
Jan 03 '19, 11:00 PM in 11h
NCAA-B | Stanford vs UCLA
Play on: UCLA -8 -104 at pinnacle

10* FREE NCAAB PICK (UCLA -8)

I'll take my chances here with UCLA. The Bruins are coming off an embarrassing 15-point loss at home to Liberty for their 4th straight loss. That defeat proved to be the last for head coach Steve Alford. This might not be one of the best UCLA rosters, but there's talent on this team. It just seems like whenever a head coach is fired it in turns lights a fire under the players and they play extremely hard those first few games. Stanford is the perfect opponent for the Bruins to get right against. The Cardinal are way down this year and will be lucky to keep this within single digits. Give me UCLA -8!

Scott Delaney

Iowa is 11-2, and Purdue is 8-5. Yet the Hawkeyes are catching +8.5 points.

Something is awry.

And yet here I am ready to take the points and fall for the trap. Iowa, which won all 11-nonconference games for the first time since the 1986-87 season, have two losses on their docket - from early season Big Ten play, at home against No. 22 Wisconsin on Nov. 30 and at No. 10 Michigan State on Dec. 3.

Essentially, this could be construed as a must-win, because falling to 0-3 in the Big Ten is lethal.

I admit it, the Hawkeyes will have their hands full against Purdue, which is 8-5 overall with impressive losses against Virginia Tech, Florida State, Michigan, Texas, and Notre Dame. The Boilermakers are 6-0 inside Mackey Arena, boasting a 19.8 average margin of victory, but at the same time, they're going to have their hands full against an Iowa team that boast all-conference candidate Tyler Cook, who over the last five games is averaging 19.2 points, 9.2 rebounds, and four assists, while shooting 68.6 percent from the floor.

Fact is, this line seems too high, and I'm sure there is a reason - I just don't know what it is. Thus, it's been resorted to a free pick.

Take the road dog.

1* IOWA

Tommy Brunson

Your Thursday free play comes out of the MAAC in a battle of cellar-dwellers, as I take the 1-12 Monmouth Hawks plus the points in their game in New Rochelle against the 2-9 Iona Gaels.

Somebody has to win this game, as these once-proud schools have fallen on hard times this season, but Monmouth should be buoyed by the fact they just picked up their first win of the season their last time out. It wasn't just a win against a lightweight either, as the Hawks were able to go into the famed Palestra and beat a very good Penn team 76-74 in overtime as the double-digit underdog.

Monmouth may only sport one straight up win, but the Hawks have now covered their last pair of games, and have covered 3 of their last 4 overall - all in the underdog role.

As for Iona, they are in the midst of a 7 game losing streak, and over their 11 games played this season, they have covered ZERO!

Obviously the linemakers must think highly of the Gaels tonight to ask them to cover this 3 basket (at the time I write my analysis) impost, but I am not so sure.

Series numbers show the Hawks having won and covered in 3 of the last 4 series meetings.

In a battle of going-nowhere MAAC teams, have to take the points with Monmouth as they use their upset win over the Quakers to give them a lift tonight against the Gaels.

3* MONMOUTH

Gus Augustine

Thursday comp winner on Houston in their late night game at Golden State.

I will take the cheese here, as on paper there is no way the Rockets should be getting this many points based on the way they are playing right now.

James Harden has picked up the slack in the absence of Chris Paul, and the Rockets come into this game winners of 5 in a row, and 10 of their last 11 both straight up and against the spread!

Golden State is just 6-4 straight up over their last 10, but the more telling stat is their 3-7 against the spread slide in those 10 games.

Houston did win the first meeting this year between the teams, 107-86 back in the middle of November, that after Golden State eliminated them from the postseason last May.

Not only is Harden on fire, but big man Clint Capela just notched another double-double against the Memphis Grizzlies - his 7th over his last 10 games - and Golden State will have to be mindful of Capela in the paint this Thursday night as well.

Yes, the Champs at home will find a way to get this win I think, but asking them to win it by nearly double-digits is something I do not feel they can do.

Take the Rockets plus the points.

3* HOUSTON

Posted : January 3, 2019 1:01 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

Two straight complimentary winners for you, after hitting the Vegas Golden Knights Puck Line two nights back, and Iowa State in College Basketball last night. Tonight I like the Houston Rockets - even without Chris Paul - plus the big number against the Golden State Warriors.

I'm a little flummoxed with the line here, as the Rockets come into Oakland riding a five-game win streak, and James Harden on top of his game. The Warriors, meanwhile, are struggling to find consistency, as they're riding a two-game win streak from the road, but a two-game skid at home.

Harden, the NBA's leading scorer, will be seeking a ninth straight game with 35 or more points - which would match LeBron James' nine-game run in 2006 as the third-longest since 1976.

Since an 11-14 start on Dec. 8, the Rockets have won 10 of 11. They're now 3 1/2 games back of the top spot in the Western Conference, and will be looking to make a statement against a Warriors team that didn't lose their 13th game last season until Feb. 6, but come into this one at 25-13.

I know the Warriors are about as healthy as they've been all season, and the Rockets will be without their all-star point guard, but there's too much pride in this one, and Houston with Harden won't go down without a scrap.

Number is too big, take the road dog.

2* ROCKETS

Vegas Consultants

NBA DENVER NUGGETS ‑3.5

FURBOOKIE

TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING ‑145

Lasvegasmoneymachine

EAST TENNESSEE STATE BUCCANEERS/SAMFORD BULLDOGS o140

Monster Sports Picks

EAST TENNESSEE STATE BUCCANEERS/SAMFORD BULLDOGS o140

Posted : January 3, 2019 1:06 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

The Oracle

NBA TORONTO RAPTORS +1.5

R and R Totals

VANCOUVER CANUCKS/MONTRÉAL CANADIENS ‑125 o6

Easy Money Sports

Lee's Thursday Free Selection Is
Penn State +11

Golden Lock Sports

NCAA Basketball
ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS ‑11

Tys Terrific Tips

NCAA Basketball
MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS +9.5

Posted : January 3, 2019 1:08 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Vegas Investment Picks

DELAWARE FIGHTIN' BLUE HENS +1.5

Al
McMordie
NHL
Pick: Buffalo

At 7:05 pm, our complimentary selection is on the Buffalo Sabres over the Florida Panthers. The Panthers ended 2018 on a bit of a roll -- having won four of their last five games. But before we proclaim that this team will be able to compete with the likes of the Lightning, Caps, and Leafs in the East, let's take a look at who they beat. Those four wins came against the Flyers, Blackhawks, and Red Wings (twice) -- three teams well under .500 and a combined ledger of 45 wins and 65 losses. Before that little softball of a break in their schedule, the Panthers had lost five of seven. Oddly enough, one of those two victories was against this Sabres team on December 18 (and they also beat them the time before that). So the Sabres have some serious revenge business to take care of tonight. And that's an angle that's worked well for this team as Buffalo is 5-1 in its last six (14-7 in its last 21) revenging a home blowout loss of three or more goals. Take Buffalo. As always, good luck...Al McMordie. And don't miss any of my RED-HOT Winners. We're 30-10 our last 40 NFL, and have 3 big NFL plays already posted for Wild Card action. And we also are 8-0 our last 8 Bowl Plays, and have our NCAA Game of the Month in Monday's Championship Game. Across all sports, we're 98-58 our last 156, so join for a week or month today to get all of our award-winning selections!

AAA
Sports
NCAAB
Pick: Penn St

This is a 1* (free) play on Penn State.

Michigan (13-0) is one of the four unbeatens we have left in College Basketball, but the Wolverines certainly haven't been covering of late as they enter this game on a 5-game ATS slide. I believe they'll have their hands full with an underrated Penn State team tonight in Ann Arbor. While Michigan's ATS losing streak is mostly due to the oddsmakers posting big lines, it's not as if they've been winning in the most convincing fashion. Penn State is a top 25 defensive team and that will keep them close enough Thursday night. Close losses are something we've seen quite a bit from the Nittany Lions as three of their six defeats this year have come by three points or less. Over the second half of December, Michigan managed to beat Western Michigan by only eight, and then Sunday vs. Binghamton, they led by only five at halftime and didn't increase their advantage to double digits until only eight minutes remained in the game. Penn State will be the strongest foe the Wolverines have taken on in some time and will be up for the challenge. Play on PENN STATE.

AAA

Chris Elliott
NCAAB
Pick: Under

Play on under 138.5 in MIN@WISC (Free) -- The Wisconsin Badgers have long been one of the top defensive teams in the BIG10, and in all of college baskebtall. They host the Minnesota Golden Gophers tonight, and I think we can expect another low scoring game.

The Badgers are 6-0 at home, and they have allowed opponents to average just 62.3 points in those games. Minnesota is no stranger to playing good defense, they are holding opponents to an average of just 68 points per game this season.

The under is 5-2-1 in the Gophers last eight versus BIG10 teams, and they have gone under in six straight road games. They have also failed to reach the total in five of their last seven visits to Madison. The under is the play here.

Zack Cimini
NCAAB
Pick: Arizona St.

Arizona State has now dropped three of their last five games. In their last game they lost to Princeton as fifteen point favorites, as the offense failed to produce. Thursday should be another tricky home spot for the Sun Devils but grab the value on them as Utah is no where near levels of prior seasons.

Posted : January 3, 2019 2:50 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Dan Kaiser
NCAAB
Pick: Michigan

The Penn State Nittany Lions are putting up 70.4 points a game and are shooting 41.7 percent from the field. shooting and allowing 66.2 points on 44.2 percent shooting. The offense is led by Lamar Stevens with 18.8 points and he pulls down 8.2 rebounds. Rasir Bolton adds 14.2 points a game. They have lost three of their last four road games.

The Michigan Wolverines are undefeated this season at 13-0. The Wolverines offense is putting up 73.2 points a game and is shooting 46.7 percent from the field. On the defensive end, they are giving up 55.1 and their opponents are shooting just 38.4 percent from the field. The offense is led by Ignas Brazdeikis with 16.5 points a game. Charles Matthews adds 13.9 points and 5.2 rebounds. The Michigan Wolverines haven’t lost a home game since January 9 of last year.

The Nittany Lions are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games and 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 games overall. The Wolverines are 21-7-1 ATS in their last 29 vs. Big Ten. The Nittany Lions are 3-11 ATS in the last 14 meetings in Michigan and 2-5 ATS in the last 7 meetings.
Michigan has struggled covering big numbers but this is conference play and they will not take any chances of losing a conference game early. Michigan can play suffocating defense and they will shut down the Penn State offense. Michigan rolls at home in this one.
Play on Michigan. This is a 1* Free play.

Pure Lock

NCAA Basketball
GEORGE MASON PATRIOTS +7.5

Posted : January 3, 2019 3:31 pm
Share: