Clear all

Free NCAAFB, NFL & MLB Service Plays For Tuesday 10/23/18

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tuesday 10/23/18 thread for free handicapping service plays and expert predictions for NCAAFB, NFL & MLB games.

Posted : October 23, 2018 8:50 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Hunter Price
Oct 23 '18, 7:05 PM in 9h
NHL | Panthers vs Rangers
Play on: Panthers -120

Kenny Walker
Oct 23 '18, 7:35 PM in 9h
NHL | Flames vs Canadiens
Play on: Canadiens -104

Mark Wilson
NHL | Bruins vs Senators
Play on: Bruins -140

Mike Lundin
NHL | Flames vs Canadiens
Play on: Canadiens +101 at betonline

#NHL FREE PICK - 14-7 ALL FREE PICKS SINCE SEPTEMBER 1.

The Montreal Canadians are 3-1-0 at home on the season and I like the price we get on the Habs here against the Calgary Flames Tuesday night.

Calgary was rather lucky to post a 4-1 win at NY Rangers its last time out, winning despite getting outshot 45-26. The Flames are 1-7 in their last eight road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600 and lost 3-2 here at Bell Centre last December.

Montreal had won three straight before losing 4-3 in overtime Saturday to the Ottawa Senators. "You have to learn from losses," Canadiens forward Brendan Gallagher told the press after practice Monday. "You learn more from a loss than you do from a win. We made some mistakes. We understand the errors we made. After our previous losses, we've done a pretty good job of responding. ... Now we have to react the appropriate way, come back strong with a good effort and learn how to play in those situations."

Good spot for the Habs to bounce back.

Free pick on Montreal Canadiens.

Bobby Conn
Oct 23 '18, 8:05 PM in 10h
NHL | Sharks vs Predators
Play on: Predators -125

Posted : October 23, 2018 9:39 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Pro Computer Gambler
Oct 23 '18, 8:05 PM in 10h
MLB | Dodgers vs Red Sox
Play on: Red Sox -1½ +150 at 5Dimes

MLB TREND OF THE DAY: Since 2004, in the playoffs, a hot team off of 2+ straight wins in their last 3 games is 243-197 55.2% +50.57 units SU +9.1% roi when facing a cold team off of 2 or fewer wins in their last 3 games. (Take the Red Sox)

Mike Wynn

Free Play: Free LA Clippers/New Orleans Over 237 Points

Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR TUESDAY: SACRAMENTO/DENVER OVER the total of 227

Totals4U

Tuesday's Free Selection: San Jose/Nashville over 5 1/2 goals

#1 Sports

Tuesday's Free Selection: Pittsburgh Penguins even

Posted : October 23, 2018 9:43 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jim Feist

10/23 06:05 PM PT / 9:05 PM ET

NBA (705) SACRAMENTO KINGS VS (706) DENVER NUGGETS

Take: (706) DENVER NUGGETS

Jeff Allen Sports

Tuesday's Free Selection is on the Chicago Blackhawks

Atlantic Sports

Tuesday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: Boston Bruins - 160

Platinum Plays

Free Pick the LA Clippers/New Orleans Game OVER 237 Points

Golden Dragon Sports

FREE WINNER for Tuesday
Troy/S Alabama under 55

Posted : October 23, 2018 12:28 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Huddle Up Sports

Free Play: LA Clippers +6'

Hawkeye Sports

Tuesday's Free Pick: Calgary Flames - 115

Arthur Ralph Sports

FREE play TUES: New Orleans -6 NBA

The Vegas Steam Line

Your free winner for Tuesday: Take LA CLIPPERS +6 over New Orleans

High Stakes Syndicate

Free Selection for Tuesday: San Jose Sharks + 120

Posted : October 23, 2018 12:33 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Kenny Towers

FREE PLAY FOR TUESDAY - Chicago (NHL) -130 over Anaheim

John Anthony Sports

Tuesday's Free Selection: Florida Panthers even

Nevada Sharpshooter

Your free winner for Tuesday: Take LA CLIPPERS/NEW ORLEANS UNDER the total of 235½

Cole Faxon
Oct 23 '18, 7:05 PM in 6h
NBA | 76ers vs Pistons
Play on: OVER 217½ -105

Jack Jones
NBA | 76ers vs Pistons
Play on: Pistons +1 -105 at 5Dimes

Jack’s Free Pick Tuesday: Detroit Pistons +1

Ben Simmons is doubtful tonight for the Philadelphia 76ers. He is nursing a back injury that forced him out of Saturday’s game, and it’s likely that the 76ers will decide to rest him tonight. He is the engine that makes the 76ers run.

And it’s not like the 76ers have been impressive during their 2-1 start this season. They lost by 18 on the road to the Celtics in their only road game. Their two home wins came against two of the worst teams in the NBA in the Bills and Magic, and they only beat the Magic 116-115 as 12.5-point favorites.

The Pistons have opened 2-0 this season and have one of the most underrated head coaches in Dwane Casey. He certainly knew how to get it done in the regular season when he was with the Raptors. His only problem was not being able to get past Lebron James in the playoffs, which has also been a problem for everyone else in the East, too.

The 76ers are 0-6 ATS in their last six games after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game. Philadelphia is 0-4 ATS in its last four road games. The Pistons are 5-0 ATS in their last five home games vs. a team with a losing road record. They have had one of the more underrated home-court advantages in the NBA over the past few seasons. Bet the Pistons Tuesday.

Posted : October 23, 2018 12:36 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ray Monohan
NHL | Coyotes vs Blue Jackets
Play on: Blue Jackets -165 at 5Dimes

Columbus Blue Jackets ML

This line has moved a lot against Columbus here and despite the juice, this one is worthy of a smaller play. Columbus has been up and down through their first 7 games, but this offense has found a lot of success. Averaging 3.29 goals per game, it's been a lot of different guys who have stepped up for this team to find the back of the net.

They take on a struggling Coyotes team that they have dominated as of late. Columbus has won 6 straight in this series as they've simply been able to dominate both sides of the puck. That certainly will play in the back of the Coyotes' minds here as well as how bad they've been thus far.

Arizona has averaged only 1.43 goals per game through their first 7 here in 2018. They have zero confidence right now and are worth fading still given their struggles.

Lay the price here. Back Columbus.

Good Luck, Razor Ray.

Tuesday 5* NHL FREE Play

Dustin Hawkins
Play on: OVER 5½ +100

ASA
Play on: Coyotes +155 at 5Dimes

ASA PLAY ON Free Pick Arizona Coyotes Money Line (+) over Columbus Blue Jackets, Tuesday @ 7:05 PM ET

You know Coyotes head coach Rick Tocchet has some extra motivation here. Arizona lost both games by a single goal to John Tortorella's Blue Jackets last season despite the fact that the Coyotes outshot Columbus in each game. Keep in mind, Tocchet was a long-time Flyer as a player while Tortorella spent a number of years coaching in the Rangers organization. Rangers are one of the Flyers biggest rivals. An even bigger "tie-in" to the hunger factor here for Tocchet is that he replaced Tortorella as head coach in Tampa Bay. The point is that this game certainly has extra meaning and we love the extra underdog value being offered here. The Coyotes are off a 5-3 loss at Winnipeg but previously had allowed an average of only 2 goals per game in their 6 prior games. The Blue Jackets have lost 2 of their last 3 games and are allowing an average of 4.8 goals per game in their last 4 games. The Coyotes are absolutely worth a look as a big dog tonight. Free Pick: Arizona on the money line (+) in early evening action Tuesday.

Sal Michaels
Oct 23 '18, 8:00 PM in 6h
NCAA-F | Troy vs South Alabama
Play on: UNDER 56 -115

Info Plays
Play on: UNDER 56 -115

Posted : October 23, 2018 1:02 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ross Benjamin
Play on: Troy -12½ -101 at pinnacle

Troy @ South Alabama 8:00 ET

Game# 101-102

Play On: Troy -12.5

Troy is coming off a 22-16 upset loss as a 10.5-point road favorite against Liberty in their previous game. The defeat dropped their season record to 5-2 (.714). Troy will be out to revenge last year’s 19-8 upset loss to South Alabama in a game they closed as a sizable 19.0-point home favorite.

South Alabama is coming off a 45-7 blowout win over an Alabama State team that plays at the FCS level. Their only other win this season came against Texas State who has gone 0-6 this year versus FBS teams.

Any college football double-digit away favorite that’s playing before Game 9 of their season who is coming off an away favorite of 3.0 or greater straight up loss by 9 points or less, and they possess a win percentage of .833 or worse, versus an opponent (South Alabama) that scored 9 points or more in their previous game, resulted in those away favorites going 23-0 ATS since 1987. Bet on Troy minus the points for my Tuesday 10/23 free pick.

Mike Williams
Oct 23 '18, 8:05 PM in 7h
NBA | Clippers vs Pelicans
Play on: Clippers +7 -110

Larry Ness
NBA | Clippers vs Pelicans
Play on: Pelicans -6½ -107 at 5Dimes

My free play is on the NO Pelicans at 8:05 ET.

The New Orleans Pelicans scored 131 points in their season-opening 19-point win over the Rockets last Wednesday in Houston and then followed up with a franchise-record 149 points in a home rout of the Sacramento Kings on Friday. Meanwhile, the LA Clippers are 2-1 after a season-opening three-game homestand in which they lost to the Nuggets but then beat the Thunder (108-92 on Fri) and the Rockets (115-122 on Sun). With tonight's game in New Orleans, the Clippers begin a stretch in which six of their next eight games will be on the road.

Rookie guard Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (Kentucky) has shown signs that he's ready to contribute right now, as he reached double digits twice while averaging 8.3 points during the homestand. On the flip side, fellow guard Avery Bradley has totaled just 15 points in the three games, shooting only 7-for-23 (30.4 percent) overall and 1-for-8 (12.5 percent) on three-pointers. However, Bradley has been a big factor defensively, helping the Clippers limit high-powered opposing guards Jamal Murray, Dennis Schroder and James Harden to a combined 16-for-53 shooting (30.2 percent).

The question you now start to hear in New Orleans is, "Who needs Boogie Cousins?" The Pelicans knew they could count on A.D. (28.5-13.0-7.0) but the 6-10 Nikola Mirotic is averaging 33.0 & 9.5! That duo has led New Orleans to win its first two games by an average of 19.5 PPG. "We've been just playing fast, sharing the ball, playing very unselfish," Mirotic told reporters. "I think we're going to be big trouble for the rest of the teams." A nice surprise has been guard Elfrid Payton, a free-agent signing who made his Pelicans debut with a triple-double at Houston. Then there is Julius Randle, who is averaging 19 points and 11 rebounds in his first two games since being signed as a free agent in the offseason.

Mirotic just may be right when he said, "I think we're going to be big trouble for the rest of the teams." The Pelicans went 3-1 against the Clippers last season, shooting 47.1 percent. This year's team looks better than last year's plus the Clippers are a team looking for an identity. They won't fine it here, in their first road game of the new season. Lay the points.

Good luck...Larry

Brandon Lee
MLB | Dodgers vs Red Sox
Play on: Dodgers +142 at 5Dimes

10* FREE MLB PICK (Dodgers +142)

I'll take my chances here with the Dodgers to go on the road and steal Game 1 against the Red Sox. I just think the price here is too good to pass up on LA with Clayton Kershaw on the mound. Kershaw had a rough outing early in the NLCS against Milwaukee, but bounced back with a dominant showing in Game 5 and came in and closed the door in the 9th of Game 7. This is Kershaw's first ever start against the Red Sox and I think that's a big advantage for him. You also have the Dodgers' offense getting an extra hitter in the lineup with the DH. Chris Sale has not been great in the postseason and I look for his struggles to continue in Game 1. Give me the Dodgers +142!

Jimmy Boyd
Oct 23 '18, 9:05 PM in 8h
NBA | Kings vs Nuggets
Play on: OVER 227 -110

1* Free Pick on Kings/Nuggets OVER 227

We should have zero problem here cashing the OVER in tonight's NBA matchup between the Kings and Nuggets. Scoring is way up this year, as everyone is trying to play with pace. No team has been playing at a faster tempo than the Kings, who lead the league in pace at 111.4.

Sacramento games have been ridiculously high-scoring up to this point. The Kings have played 3 games and all 3 have seen at least 140 points. The only reason this total is in the 230s is because Denver comes in allowing just 95.7 ppg and have yet to allow a team to eclipse the 100-point mark.

That's certainly impressive, but also something I don't think the Nuggets are going to be able to continue to do as we move forward. I certainly don't see them being 100% locked in defensively in a huge letdown spot after their big upset home win over the Warriors on Sunday and a big showdown with LeBron James and the Lakers in LA on Thursday.

OVER is 17-4 in the Nuggets last 21 vs a team that is allowing 110 or more points/game and 24-7 in the Kings last 31 road games vs a top tier team that's outscoring opponents by 9+ points/game. Take the OVER!

Jimmy can't wait to exploit the books across the board with Tuesday's 3-Pack of Profits (1 NBA, 1 NHL, 1 MLB)!

This special offer includes Boyd's 4* Dodgers/Red Sox World Seres VEGAS INSIDER plus you will receive his 3* NBA Over/Under Total MASSACRE & 3* NHL Over/Under PLAY OF THE DAY!

Posted : October 23, 2018 1:06 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

Tuesday's comp play is the Jaguars plus the points at home over the Trojans.

This line is a little bit high on Troy, and even though the Trojans are the better team, and a tri-leader in the Sun Belt loop, they are now playing the rest of the season without their starting quarterback Kaleb Barker who was lost earlier this month with a knee injury.

South Alabama has covered all 3 at home this year, and they have been able to matchup well in their conference meetings with Troy. Last year the Jags were double-digit road dogs, and they won outright 19-8!

USA is 3-1 straight up the past 4 meetings, and they have covered in 4 of the last 5 series meetings overall.

Points worth a play at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile tonight.

1* SOUTH ALABAMA

Ray Chadwick

Tuesday comp play going out on Denver at home over Sacramento.

Every year there is always a team that breaks from the gate on a mission. That team this year in the West looks like the Denver Nuggets who have played 3 games, won 3 games, and most importantly to us, have covered in all 3 games.

Tonight the Nuggets will host the Kings who are fresh off their first win in 3 tries, as Sacramento was able to upend the Thunder in Oklahoma City the other night.

Denver just dumped the Golden State Warriors, and they have held all 3 of their foes to under 100 points in getting off to their best season start in nearly a decade.

It hurts that Will Barton will be lost for over a month for this Denver team, but the motto in hoops is "next man up", and I am sure that is exactly how this young Denver team will deal with the injury.

The Nuggets have won and covered 5 of the last 6 series meetings, and I like them to dominate the series again tonight.

Lay the lumber with the Nuggs!

3* DENVER

Trace Adams

I know Clayton Kershaw's post season track record is not as strong as his regular season mark, but Kershaw has turned in a pair of strong starts in his 3 postseason assignments heading into tonight's first game of the Fall Classic.

Kershaw worked 8 innings of 2 hit shutout ball versus the Braves in the Division Series for the win, and after he allowed 5 runs - 4 of them earned - in just 3 innings in his opening NLCS start in a loss to Milwaukee, he bounced back with 7 strong with 3 hits, 1 run, and 9 strikeouts in a key Game 5 win.

Chris Sale will counter for Alex Cora's team, and Sale is making his first start in 10 days, as he left his lone series start against the Astros after 4 innings of work with stomach issues that landed him in the hospital. Sale also has had postseason struggles, and the wear and tear on his arm was apparent towards the end of this season.

Of course Boston and their loaded lineup are rightly favored here, but anytime I can get a future Hall-of-Fame pitcher at plus-money like this, I will gladly take my shot.

Los Angeles had the home field advantage in last year's World Series and fell short in 7 games. They know what it takes this time around to get the job done, and that means they must win a game in Beantown. No better time than the present!

Dodgers in Game 1.

2* L.A. DODGERS

Chris Jordan

So here we are back again, and the young kid Eric Schroeder has challenged me in the World Series, just as he did last season, when he had the Houston Astros. This year he has the Boston Red Sox and once again I am taking the Los Angeles Dodgers in the Fall Classic.

We have a dinner at Capital Grille on the Las Vegas Strip at stake, so I'll be looking forward to this one, as it's one of my favorite spots.

We have two of baseball's most storied franchises, and believe it or not, the only previous postseason meeting came in the 1916 World Series, when 21-year-old Babe Ruth starred for the Red Sox by pitching all 14 innings and Boston beat Brooklyn 2-1 in Game 2. The Red Sox went on to win the Series in five games over Brooklyn.

The Red Sox are 8-7 against the Dodgers since interleague play began in 1997, but Boston hasn't hosted Los Angeles since 2010, and the teams haven't squared off since the Dodgers took two of three at home in August 2016.

I'm going to bank on starting pitcher Clayton Kershaw to give us two solid starts in this series, and that'll prove to be the difference. We need two good appearances from him, and of the other five potential games, we'll get two more elsewhere. That includes Hyun-Jin Ryu, who had a 1.15 ERA at Dodger Stadium during the regular season and pitched seven shutout innings at home versus the Atlanta Braves in Game 1 of the divisional series. He was solid in Game 2 of the NLCS in Milwaukee.

While we know both teams have plenty of depth, I also like the Dodgers being able to enhance their lineup with several quality options for the designated hitter spot inside MLB's oldest ballpark, that being Fenway Park.

David Freese and Matt Kemp are likely candidates, especially against the left-handers at the top of Boston's rotation. In addition, guys like Max Muncy, Justin Turner, Manny Machado and Cody Bellinger will be bringing their big bats to the plate in this one, and I think will be riding high after responding the way they did against Milwaukee in seven games. They hit eight homers in the NLDS and five more in the NLCS after setting a franchise record with an NL-leading 235 during the regular season.

Too much hitting, and the arm strength of Kershaw, Ryu and Walker Buehler will help get us to Capital Grille for a free meal.

Take the Dodgers in the World Series.

4* L.A. DODGERS (World Series)

Eric Schroeder

I can't wait to take another bet from Chris Jordan! Last year Mr. Know-It-All swore the Los Angeles Dodgers would win the World Series, so I challenged him and took the Houston Astros. He likes to call it dueling columns; I just call it like it is - him against me, and he'll take second place.

I honestly don't know who bullies more, Chris or Al DeMarco - they're both so damn bossy. All their talk about being veterans in the business. Meanwhile, I'm the "new kid on the block" who doesn't know a thing.

Well, you'll all see who knows what when I enjoy a free dinner at Capital Grille down on The Strip, as I will be handing that bill over to Chris after a hearty meal and a few bottles of wine.

How does one not love the Boston Red Sox in this matchup, as they'll seek their fourth World Series title since 2004 after ending an 86-year drought. They'll be making their first WS appearance since 2013, and have won eight of the 12 they've appeared in.

This is a team that won its third straight A.L. East crown after setting a franchise record for wins (108), and knocked off the defending World Series champion Houston Astros, 4 games to 1. The Red Sox won three in a row at Minute Maid Park and are 5-0 on the road this postseason. That won't bode well for the Dodgers, who never know who will show up on the hill when Clayton Kershaw gets the nod. I feel we need to beat him once, and all will be good.

Chris Sale (Game 1) and David Price (Game 2) will guide us in this series.

Sale will be just fine, after being hospitalized, and Price showed resiliency, after going 0-9 with a 6.16 ERA in 11 career postseason starts before striking out nine over six shutout innings of three-hit ball on three days' rest to win the ALCS clincher in Houston.

Offensively, I can point to a number of players in the lineup, but I think Mookie Betts is the guy who will win MVP for the Red Sox, when they take the crown. Betts hit .346 this season, with 32 home runs, 80 RBIs and 129 runs scored. He is dangerous on the paths - he swiped 30 bags - and makes things happen around him. He is the spark plug, and when he is on, the team is on.

The cold weather factor helps us for the first two games, which is all I need to steal control of the series. Forecasts for Tuesday night call for temps to be in the lower 50s for the first pitch. And then it will cool off during the game to the high 40s. Wednesday night's second game is expected to be about five degrees colder before the series moves to Los Angeles, where yes, the teams can expect it to be hot and sunny, but it also may be too late.

Alex Cora has done a fantastic job with his team, while I'm not so sure Dave Roberts has been as intrumental with the Dodgers' success. Cora has made the clubhouse more about the players, while Roberts is in dictatorship-mode with his players.

And there is the Interleague factor: the Red Sox were 7-3 at home against National League foes and 9-1 in N.L. ballparks. Since 2016, the Crimson Hose are 46-14 in Interleague play.

The Dodgers, meanwhile, were 12-8 against the American League this season - both 6-4 home and away. They're 38-22 in Interleague action since '16.

This one has Red Sox written all over it, as they should win this by Game 6.

4* RED SOX (World Series)

Posted : October 23, 2018 1:12 pm
Share: