0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Larry Ness
Dec 14 '17, 7:35 PM in 10h
NBA | Pistons vs Hawks
Play on: Pistons -3½ -109 at betonline

My 1* Free Play is on the Detroit Pistons (7:35 EST).

Detroit will clearly be desperate here as it comes into this one having lost seven straight, most recently a 103-84 home loss to Denver.

Here’s the perfect opponent to get untracked against as the hapless Hawks come into this one having lost four straight themselves, most recently a 123-114 road setback in Cleveland.

And if recent history is any precedence, then Detroit has to be loving its chances to get off the schneid, because when these teams met back on November 10th, the Pistons pulled away for the 111-104 home win.

So far Detroit averages 102.4 PPG and concedes 102.3. Tobias Harris leads the charge with 18.2 points, plus 5.5 boards per game.

The Hawks average 103.9 PPG and concede 109.3. Dennis Schroeder leads the team with 20.2 points and 6.4 assists per game.

I’ll point out though that Detroit is already 2-1 ATS this year after playing three consecutive home games and 2-1 ATS off an upset loss as a favorite, while Atlanta is just 6-7 ATS this season when trying to revenge a loss against an opponent.

I think Detroit asserts itself and finds a way to get the job done at the end of the night. Consider laying the points in this matchup.

Good luck…Larry

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:44 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ricky Tran
Dec 14 '17, 8:25 PM in 11h
NFL | Broncos vs Colts
Play on: Colts +3 -120 at Bovada

I'm not buying the Broncos laying 3 to the Colts here. Denver lost 8 games in a row before beating a bad New York Jets team at home last week. They are 0-6 SU ATS on the road, losing 13.5 – 30.5 per game. Only one loss was within a touchdown. To make matters worse, the Broncos lost SS Justin Simmons who has been outstanding against the run this year, guy is all over the field.

The Colts at home are solid as it gets for a 3-win team: 2-4 SU, 4-2 ATS, losing two games by more than 3 and one game by more than 7. They actually had a lead in all 5 games other than the Jaguars one where they got blown out. This line is off IMO, I don’t know why the Broncos are favored here. It appears to be an oddsmakers reflection to last week, nothing more. Colts at home should somehow get this done.

Indianapolis Colts +3

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:45 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Ricky Tran
NFL | Broncos vs Colts
Play on: Colts +3 -120 at Bovada

I'm not buying the Broncos laying 3 to the Colts here. Denver lost 8 games in a row before beating a bad New York Jets team at home last week. They are 0-6 SU ATS on the road, losing 13.5 – 30.5 per game. Only one loss was within a touchdown. To make matters worse, the Broncos lost SS Justin Simmons who has been outstanding against the run this year, guy is all over the field.

The Colts at home are solid as it gets for a 3-win team: 2-4 SU, 4-2 ATS, losing two games by more than 3 and one game by more than 7. They actually had a lead in all 5 games other than the Jaguars one where they got blown out. This line is off IMO, I don’t know why the Broncos are favored here. It appears to be an oddsmakers reflection to last week, nothing more. Colts at home should somehow get this done.

Indianapolis Colts +3

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:46 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer
NBA | Pistons vs Hawks

I'm recommending a play on the Pistons minus the points on Thursday night. After a strong start to the season, Detroit has been in free fall, losing seven in a row SU (2-4-1 ATS). The offense has left a lot to be desired, but we feel they're getting "just what the doctor ordered," tonight. The Hawks are playing very little defense, allowing 109 ppg on the season and 113 ppg in their last five contests. The Hawks rank 28th in FG percentage allowed and they're bottom-third in the league in 3-point defense, also. We know the Pistons like the deep perimeter on the offensive end. Detroit enters on a 12-5-1 ATS run on the road and we'll back them here. I'm recommending a play on the Pistons minus the points on Thursday. Thanks & GL! Scott Spreitzer.

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:46 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mike Lundin
NBA | Knicks vs Nets
Play on: Nets -120 at BMaker

#NBA FREE PICK FROM MIKE LUNDIN

The New York Knicks enter this contest on a two-game winning streak after just barely defeating Atlanta and the Lakers home at Madison Square Garden. They have however won just once in nine attempts (2-7 ATS) outside of their own building all season, and I think they'll better prepare for another defeat when they visit their crosstown rival Brooklyn Nets Thursday night.

The Nets have won three of their last four games, all as underdogs, and they're 10-2 ATS in their last 12 games overall. The Knicks have the better season record at 14-13 vs. 11-15, but the Nets are 9-1 ATS when playing against a team with a winning record.

The home team is 8-2 ATS in the last 10 head-to-head meetings.

My free pick is on the Brooklyn Nets.

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:47 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence
NFL | Broncos vs Colts
Play on: OVER 41 -110

Play - Broncos-Colts OVER (Game 301).

Edges - Broncos: 2-0 OVER in games following a shutout win; and 4-2 OVER last six Thursday night games… Colts: 7-2 OVER last nine Thursday games… With these two teams having played OVER in the total in each of the last four meetings in this series, we recommend a 1* play on the OVER total in this game. Thank you and good luck as always.

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:48 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd
Dec 14 '17, 8:30 PM in 11h
NCAA-B | South Dakota vs Northern Arizona
Play on: South Dakota -11½ -107 at betonline

Free pick on South Dakota

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:48 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Dustin Hawkins
NBA | Pistons vs Hawks

Free Play on Pistons -3½ -109

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:49 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Detroit at ATLANTA (+3')
By Jeff Benton

Your Thursday freebie is the Atlanta Hawks plus the points against the Detroit Pistons.

Why would you lay any wood with the Pistons right now?

This is a team that has totally lost their way here in the month of December, as Tuesday's 103-84 home loss to the Denver Nuggets marked the Pistons 7th straight loss. They are just 2-4-1 against the spread during their current tumble.

Atlanta has only won 3 times straight up over their last 9 games, but the Hawks have gone 7-2 against the spread with 4 straight covers heading into tonight's home clash with the non-firing Pistons.

The Hawks covered the first meeting between these teams in November, and they have covered in 5 of the last 7 games played against the Pistons.

Until we see some signs that Detroit is out of their current funk, I say play against them.

Hawks your freebie.

4* ATLANTA

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:51 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Thursday, December 14, 2017

12/14 04:35 PM PT / 7:35 PM ET

NBA (501) DETROIT PISTONS VS (502) ATLANTA HAWS

Take: (501) DETROIT PISTONS

Reason: Your Free play for Thursday, December 13, 2017 is on the Detroit Pistons. The Pistons are in desperate need of a win and tonight's opponent provides just the fodder for that win. The Hawks haven't been a good team, losing four straight. While Detroit hasn't won in a while, they are much better than this losing streak has shown. Look for Detroit to bounce back and snap their losing streak tonight. Take Detroit.

Posted : December 14, 2017 9:54 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mike Wynn

Free Play: Free Pick Brooklyn -1½ Over NY Knicks

Posted : December 14, 2017 10:50 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Totals4U

Thursday's Free Selection: Buffalo Sabres/Philadelphia Flyers under 5 1/2