(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Art Aronson
Dec 17 '17, 1:00 PM in 4d
NFL | Eagles vs Giants
Play on: Giants +8 -110 at BMaker

1* Free Play on the New York Giants.

Eli Manning and the Giants are playing for pride the rest of the way. Last week New York fell 30-10 to Dallas. Injuries and other issues led to the Giants miserable season, but they won’t be going down without a fight. They also play with revenge after falling to the Eagles 27-24 earlier in the year. Philadelphia comes in off a 43-35 win at the Rams, but the victory came at a major cost, as starting QB Carson Wentz has now been lost for the remainder of the season to injury. Note that Philadelphia is just 5-8 ATS in its last 13 played on “turf,” while New York is 2-1 ATS this year off a division game, 2-1 ATS after a loss to a division rival and 4-3 ATS after two or more consecutive losses. Consider the GIANTS in this one.

Posted : December 13, 2017 1:43 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
Dec 17 '17, 4:05 PM
NFL | Rams vs Seahawks
Play on: Rams +2½ -109

10* FREE NFL PICK (Rams +2.5)

I would have to lean towards taking Los Angeles and the points in this one. As much respect as I have for Seattle and how well they play at home, especially this time of year, I think they are battling too many injuries right now. Prior to last week’s game at Jacksonville, they were already down three big time defensive players in Richard Sherman (CB), Kam Chancellor (S) and Cliff Avril (DE).

Against the Jags, Bobby Wagner (LB) had to leave with a hamstring injury and K.J. Wright (LB) was forced out with a concussion. I have a hard time seeing Wagner play and if he does he won’t be 100%. As for Wright, he's listed as doubtful.

As loud and as crazy as the home crowd will be, I don’t think it will be enough to help this defense slow down this high-powered Rams offensive attack. Keep in mind Seattle had their fair share of troubles against this Rams offense in the first meeting and at that point only Avril had been lost on defense.

The other big key here for me is I don’t like how the Seahawks offensive line matches up with this Rams talented defensive front. Seattle’s inability to keep LA’s defensive linemen out of their backfield is why they have struggled so much against this team. In the last 4 meetings against the Rams, the Seahawks are averaging just 15 ppg. Keep in mind Seattle went up against a similarly strong defensive front last week and Wilson had three interceptions and was sacked twice. Wilson only threw for 198 yards in the first meeting with LA.

Seahawks home field edge also hasn’t all that great against good teams, as they are a mere 1-5-1 ATS in their last 7 home games against a team with a winning road record. Give me the Rams +2.5!

Posted : December 17, 2017 7:53 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

John Martin
Dec 17 '17, 1:00 PM in 6h
NFL | Jets vs Saints
Play on: Jets +16 -115 at Bovada

1 Unit FREE PLAY on New York Jets +16

The New York Jets go from being 1-point road favorites at Denver to ridiculous 16-point road underdogs to the New Orleans Saints. Is there 17 points separating Denver and New Orleans? Of Course not. This is a huge overreaction from their 23-0 loss to the Broncos. Bryce Petty will get a full week of practice to get ready for the Saints, and I expect him to be much better against their defense than he was in limited action against Denver’s top-ranked defense. The Saints suffered a number of injuries in their loss to the Falcons last week that is going to leave them short-handed in this game. They also have a massive game on deck against Atlanta that will likely decided the NFC South. The number is simply too big here Sunday to pass up on New York. Give me the Jets.

Posted : December 17, 2017 7:54 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Doug Upstone
NFL | Bengals vs Vikings
Play on: UNDER 42 -110

After an all-out effort on Monday night against Pittsburgh and still coming up short, Cincinnati fans probably wanted a refund after the Bengals were a no-show in ugly home whipping by Chicago. With no playoffs and Marvin Lewis probably done as the Cincinnati head coach, the Bengals are not likely to find many points against the NFL's No.3 scoring defense. Plus, Minnesota is even better at home, ranked first and conceding just 13.8 PPG. Coming off a loss to Carolina and having Green Bay on deck, I am not sure we will see Minnesota's A-Game. With Cincy 13-3 UNDER off an upset loss by 10 points or more as a home favorite, let's back the lower score.

Posted : December 17, 2017 7:55 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jack Jones
NFL | Cardinals vs Redskins
Play on: Cardinals +4 -110 at Bovada

Jack’s Free Pick Sunday: Arizona Cardinals +4

The Arizona Cardinals continue to fight despite their gloomy playoff outlook. They have won two of their last three games against two current playoff teams in Jacksonville and Tennessee. And they hanged the game to the Rams in what was a much closer game than the 32-16 final would indicate.

The thing you can count on with the Cardinals is that they will bring it defensively. Their numbers on that side of the ball over the past three games have been outstanding. They are giving up just 242.0 yards per game and 3.9 yards per play in their last three games overall.

The Redskins can’t be laying any kind of price against the Cardinals here with the way they are playing right now. They are coming off back-to-back blowout road losses by 24 to Dallas and by 17 to the Chargers. They even had a pick-6 late in that San Diego game to get their only touchdown of the game.

The laundry list of injuries is what has derailed Washington’s season. They are banged up along the offensive line, at the key skill positions, and all along the front seven defensively. They just haven’t caught any breaks in the injury department this season.

While the Cardinals do play defense, the same cannot be said for the Redskins. This is a Washington team that has allowed at least 30 points in six of its last eight games overall. Blaine Gabbert has arguably been the best quarterback on Arizona’s roster and is good enough to take advantage of this soft Washington defense.

Washington is 32-52 ATS in its last 84 games as a favorite of 3.5 to 9.5 points. The Redskins are 14-28 ATS in their last 42 games as a home favorite of 3.5 to 7 points. The Cardinals are 14-5 ATS in their last 19 road games vs. a team with a losing home record. Washington is 11-28-2 ATS in its last 41 home games vs. a team with a losing record.

Plays against home favorites of 3.5 to 10 points (Washington) With a poor scoring defense, allowing 24 or more points per game, after a loss by 10 points or more are 33-11 (75%) ATS over the last 10 seasons. Arizona is 4-1-1 ATS in its last six meetings with Washington. Bet the Cardinals Sunday.

Posted : December 17, 2017 7:56 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Stephen Nover
NFL | Ravens vs Browns
Play on: OVER 40 -112

Can you name the team that has scored the most points during the last two weeks in the NFL? You might be surprised to know it's the Ravens. They are averaging 41 points in their last two games and 30.8 points a game in their past six games. Joe Flacco is coming off his two best games of the season and Alex Collins has emerged as a good runner ranking third in the league with a 5.1 yards per carry average. The Browns rank 29th in scoring defense allowing 25.8 points per game. They are down several key defenders due to injury and trade. Baltimore's defense was just torched by Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers. Roethlisberger threw for 506 yards in a 39-38 win against the Ravens last Sunday night. Some of that was due to the Ravens missing their top cornerback, Jimmy Smith. He's out for the season. DeShone Kizer is no Roethlisberger. But Kizer is improving each week, has a big arm and excellent mobility. The Browns have stocked up on their weapons. Kizer has two dangerous wide receiving targets now with Josh Gordon and Corey Coleman. So the Browns are fully capable of helping this total go Over, too. Weather shouldn't be a problem with only a slight wind and temperatures in the 30s. The condidtions were much worse in Cleveland last week yet both the Packers, with backup quarterback Brett Hundley, and the Browns were able to move the ball with a combined 48 points being scored. (Editor's note: Stephen Nover is recognized as one of the top NFL 'cappers in North America with the record to prove it. Stephen is zooming in on his 22nd winning NFL season in 24 years cashing nearly 60 percent of his premium/free plays during the past eight weeks. Fresh off a Thursday winner with the Broncos, Stephen has one of his strongest packages of the season going Sunday headed by his NFL Chalk Game of the Month.)

Posted : December 17, 2017 7:57 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Bobby Conn
Dec 17 '17, 4:25 PM in 9h
NFL | Patriots vs Steelers
Play on: Patriots -2½ -120 at 5Dimes

1* Free Play on Patriots -2½ -120

Posted : December 17, 2017 7:58 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Larry Ness
NFL | Titans vs 49ers
Play on: Titans +2 -110 at Bovada

My 1* Free Play is on the Tennessee Titans (4:25 EST).

The 8-5 Tennessee Titans are in San Francisco to take on the 3-10 49ers and for a number of different reasons, I think this one favors the visitors.

The 49ers look poised for a letdown here in my opinion after winning three of their last four.

The Titans on the other hand will be the more “desperate” team today as last week’s loss at Arizona dropped them a game behind Jacksonville for the AFC South lead.

Tennessee’ QB Marcus Mariota bruised his knee in last week’s loss: “Frustration is an understatement,” Mariota assessed afterwards. “The defense played lights out, special teams did their job and I have been hurting our team and I have to find ways to get better and improve.”

San Fran QB Jimmy Garoppolo is 2-0 for his new team, last week he went 20 of 33 for 334 yards, one TD and one INT in the 26-16 victory over the Texans.

I’ll point out though that Tennessee is still 6-4 ATS in its last ten non-conference games, while San Francisco is only 2-7 ATS in its last nine in the same position.

The book is out on Garoppolo now, who I think will struggle against the Titans aggressive defense. Mariota is under a great deal of pressure to step up and perform this week and I think he’ll be up to the task.

For all the reasons listed above, consider a play on Tennessee in this matchup.

Good luck…Larry

Posted : December 17, 2017 7:59 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Info Plays
NFL | Titans vs 49ers
Play on: Titans +1½ -110 at 5Dimes

1* Free Play on Titans +1½ -110

Posted : December 17, 2017 7:59 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer
NFL | Jets vs Saints
Play on: Jets +16½ -115 at GTBets

I'm recommending a play on the New York Jets plus the points on Sunday. The look-ahead line at Westgate was 10 1/2 for this contest and we see the Saints as a 16 1/2 point favorite as we post this play. It's also a tough spot for New Orleans with this game sandwiched between two games against the Falcons. The Jets' offense sputtered in Bryce Petty's start in place of the injured Josh McCown, but Petty is likely to have more control of the offense this week and will be up to NFL speed after facing the NFL's top-ranked defense in Denver. The Saints aren't bad on defense, overall, but you can run on them and I believe the ground game will fare better, allowing Petty a better chance to manage the game. Finally, NFL home teams have covered just 77 of the last 202 chances if they're off a SU road loss and their opponent is off a road loss by 14 or more points. I'm recommending a play on the Jets plus the points. Thanks & GL! Scott Spreitzer.

Posted : December 17, 2017 8:01 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mike Lundin
NFL | Packers vs Panthers
Play on: Packers +3 -110 at BMaker

#NFL FREE PICK FROM MIKE LUNDIN

The Green Bay Packers have been without their star quarterback Aaron Rodgers for the last seven weeks, but he's expected to be back under center for Sunday's matchup with the Carolina Panthers.

Rodgers has been out since breaking his collarbone in a Week 6 loss to the Minnesota Vikings, but the Pack added the All-Pro quarterback to the active roster yesterday, and with that roster move he's officially clear to start Sunday.

The Packers have kept their playoff hopes alive (although slim) by going 3-4 in his absence and they're just one game out of a wild-card spot in the NFC. I think Rodgers' return will give Green Bay a massive boost giving the visitors the edge in this contest.

The Carolina Panthers have won four of their last five and defeated Minnesota 31-24 last week. Possible let down spot here after snapping Minnesota's eight-game win streak, and I'm taking the points on the Packers in this matchup. We can also note that the underdog is 9-3-1 ATS in their last 13 in this series.

My free pick is on Green Bay Packers.

Posted : December 17, 2017 8:02 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Vic Duke
NFL | Patriots vs Steelers
Play on: OVER 53½ -118

Patriots/Steelers 4:25: Both QBs - Brady and Roethlisberger have had huge games against their respective opponents. Today, I see a similar result. The Steelers miss Shazier bad. Last week Baltimore, laboring in the bottom of NFL offensive production, thrashed them for 413 yards! Brady has Gronk back today and that will be a huge boost. New acquisition Kenny Britt could also be available for extra depth. Brady sports a 114.8 QB rating with 70% completion and 21:3 TD:INT ratio. On the other hand, Roethlisberger has been nearly as hot vs NE. He sports a solid 98.2 QB rating, 63% completions and a 15:5 TD:INT ratio. Patriots have been decimated by injuries defensively, and are playing many young players. That should translate into getting scorched by the number of Steeler skill weapons including Antonio Brown, RB Bell, TE James. Steelers 8-1 O/U as dogs of less than 7 points against a .500 or greater opponent. Series 5-2 O/U at Heinz Field.

Posted : December 17, 2017 8:03 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Teddy Covers
NFL | Bengals vs Vikings
Play on: Vikings -10½ -110 at 5Dimes

Take Minnesota (#312)

Cincinnati hasn’t been a double digit underdog in any game since 2008; a testament to the strength of Marvin Lewis’s tenure with the team. Of course it is probably worth noting that Cinci went 0-3 ATS in their final three tries as double digit dogs nearly a decade ago; non-competitive in defeat.

The Bengals were non-competitive in defeat again last week, walloped 33-7 at home by a Bears team that came into the game with a 3-9 record. The quotes coming out of Cinci’s locker room after the defeat weren’t particularly positive, to put it mildly. Andy Dalton: “We didn’t have a lot of energy.” George Iloka: “We came out flat.” Brandon LaFell: “We laid an egg.” So what changes this week? Not much!

Cinci is an injured riddled mess right now. Their entire starting linebacking corps has been unable to practice this week. Don’t expect LB’s Vontaze Burfict, Kevin Minter or Nick Vigil to suit up on Sunday. CB Dre Kilpatrick is still in concussion protocol, unlikely to see action. CB Darqueze Dennard was limited on Thursday, as was safety Shawn Williams. RB’s Joe Mixon and Giovani Bernard are both banged up, as is TE Tyler Kroft, DE Carlos Dunlap and offensive tackle Eric Winston.

It’s looking more and more like Marvin Lewis’s extended tenure as the Bengals head coach is coming to a close. Veteran teams at the tail end of disappointing seasons with a lame duck head coach are not generally ‘bet-on’ squads on the highway against elite defensive foes. And when that elite defensive foe is coming off a loss, like the Vikings are, it’s a particularly bad spot for the road underdog.

While Cinci’s injury list continues to grow, the Vikings should get starting CB Xavier Rhodes back in the lineup this week, and they could have LT Reilly Reiff and TE Kyle Rudolph healthy as well. Right tackle Mike Remmers and center Pat Elflein are both expected back in the starting lineup this week after missing the game against Carolina last Sunday.

And the Vikings have proven they can beat teams by margin. Eight of their ten wins have come by eight points or more; not a squad giving up late backdoor touchdowns to kill their pointspread backers. This is NOT too much of a price to lay backing a legit Super Bowl contender at home against a team that showed nothing but ‘quit’ last week. Take the Vikings.

Posted : December 17, 2017 8:04 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence
NFL | Texans vs Jaguars
Play on: Texans +11½ -117 at betonline

Play - Houston Texans (Game 315).

Edges - Texans: 5-1 ATS last six games as a visitor in this series… Jaguars: 0-4 ATS home in division games following consecutive home games; and NFL home teams are 6-12 SU and 3-15 ATS in division games after facing Pete Carroll’s Seattle Seahawks … With Texans’ QB TJ Yates 5-0 ATS as a dog in his NFL career, we recommend a 1* play on Houston. Thank you and good lucks as always.

Posted : December 17, 2017 8:05 am
Page 1 / 4
Share: