Clear all

my football picks thread

55 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@butterbean)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

i have always wanted to do this, but have never really had the time for it. usually i just look at all the forums to help me gather info and decide what teams i will bet, but i rarely say anything. i like to discuss games and consider other's point of view, but i don't care so much about all the fighting and bragging and bashing that always seems to fill these forums. this one seems pretty mellow. i will give it a try. i usually don't start until the 2nd full weekend of nfl, but there are a few i like this weekend. i take $500 to start with. if i hit 0 i am done. if i double it i take my winnings out and begin again with $500.

baylor over 58.5
$30/$27

auburn over 55.5
$30/$27

oklahoma under 65
$30/$27

Posted : September 9, 2017 6:48 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Hey Butterbean, welcome to the site. Thanks for the picks.

If you're looking for mellow you couldn't of picked a better spot. Truth be told the amount of people posting today is up about 6000% over the last 9 months.

The flip side of that is I wouldn't look for a ton of feedback unless you specifically ask for it. This is truly a lurkers paradise.

Look forward to your posts though, good luck tonight and tomorrow!

Posted : September 9, 2017 7:03 pm
(@butterbean)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

thank you. mellow is what i like. awesome games tonight, and i am about to go into couch mode for a few hours.

Posted : September 9, 2017 7:08 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

Same here, bro. Been a long day. I'm rocking sweats and a hoodie with beer in hand. Good luck 2nite

Posted : September 9, 2017 7:24 pm
(@butterbean)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

1-2 and -$33 overall. balance = $467.00

only really like 2 in nfl. i should have waited until next week.

pitt -9
$30/$27

phili over 48
$30/$27

Posted : September 10, 2017 8:19 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

This is a tough game bro you can't win em all. The way I see it waiting is missed opportunities. Week 1 is where you can sneak up on the bookmaker and take some.

Good luck today!

Posted : September 10, 2017 8:36 am
(@butterbean)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

1-4 and -$93 overall. balance = $407. happens sometimes. will get it back next week.

Posted : September 10, 2017 11:59 pm
(@butterbean)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

washington state -19
$40$/36

my initial thought was this line was a little high, and i went in looking for a reason to bet oregon state. they really are awful though this season. they haven't been able to move the ball that well against lesser d's so far, and they can't stop anyone. i watched most of the wsu game against boise, and it kind of felt like that team came together in that win. their d was awesome, and i really can't see osu topping 20 here. falk was benched in that boise game and should have a new perspective and some serious focus this week in practice. you just know that guy is gonna be looking to light it up against a bad d and really make a statement. that boise game was humiliating for falk, and really the entire o. if the wsu d does as well as i think they will then it would not shock me to see wsu win by double this 19 point spread. something like 52-17 is what i expect.

Posted : September 11, 2017 1:40 pm
(@butterbean)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

washington state -19
$40$/36

my initial thought was this line was a little high, and i went in looking for a reason to bet oregon state. they really are awful though this season. they haven't been able to move the ball that well against lesser d's so far, and they can't stop anyone. i watched most of the wsu game against boise, and it kind of felt like that team came together in that win. their d was awesome, and i really can't see osu topping 20 here. falk was benched in that boise game and should have a new perspective and some serious focus this week in practice. you just know that guy is gonna be looking to light it up against a bad d and really make a statement. that boise game was humiliating for falk, and really the entire o. if the wsu d does as well as i think they will then it would not shock me to see wsu win by double this 19 point spread. something like 52-17 is what i expect.

umass +15
33/30

illinois +16.5
33/30

arizona -23.5
44/40

Posted : September 15, 2017 1:42 pm
(@jboppa)
Noble Member

I like USF tonight.
Usf started slow but i expect them to win by 21 tonight on the national stage. uI offense is just plain bad.
I look for a dominating performance by Flowers tonight

Posted : September 15, 2017 1:51 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator

I like USF tonight.
Usf started slow but i expect them to win by 21 tonight on the national stage. uI offense is just plain bad.

I on USF -161/2 for 3u and Temple/Umass under 52 for 2u

Posted : September 15, 2017 2:08 pm
(@butterbean)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I like USF tonight.

good luck guys. i didn't like the fact that usf hasn't played in 2 weeks, and i think they have only had 2 practices in that time. i really expected them to be solid this season, but what i have seen so far is anything but that. charlie strong teams seem to underperform on a regular basis. i haven't had a lot of luck on friday nights, so you may be right. enjoy the games all.

Posted : September 15, 2017 5:04 pm
(@butterbean)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

saturday

washington state -19
$40$/36

ucla -3
50/45
almost feels like a trap. i understand why the line is so low. memphis ran for over 300 last week and the ucla run d is weak. also must consider that ucla has killed it thru the air so far and the memphis pass d is not so great. i also consider the memphis stats were racked up against a crappy team. i think ucla will be able to run and pass with ease against this team. they are far more balanced and far more tested this season. just looks like an easy win when i look at it.

clemson under 58
50/45
another no-brainer to me. the clemson d is the real deal, and the louisville run d is no joke either. i don't think either team will be able to run the ball, and that will lead serious pressure on these qbs. has all the makings of a 16-13 d struggle.

texas tech over 76.5
50/45
these 2 teams play no d at all. asu may as well leave their punter at home.

oklahoma over 55
50/45

i cut these short because i am tired of looking at this screen. 4 easy plays imo that you can take one quick glance at and instantly see what i like about them. sometimes these weekends that feel so easy turn out bad, but this does seem really easy this week. i have my entire starting roll out there this weekend, so i hope it goes well.

Posted : September 15, 2017 6:07 pm
(@jboppa)
Noble Member

I like ur read on the under for the Clemson game. I got Clemson for 5u and will prob be a 10u play by kickoff.

Posted : September 15, 2017 6:19 pm
(@ttombobadly)
Reputable Member

Hey good luck buddy. I think you found a good home here. I've tried the same thing a couple times and cash is right, it can be lurkers paradise but they do a good job kicking out the clear peddlers and keeping the board for us regulr joes.

Posted : September 15, 2017 6:19 pm
Page 1 / 4
Share: