Clear all

Help Me Build a Better Newsletter

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

I'm interested in getting feedback from visitors about the newsletters we send out. Results have been hit and miss and it takes a lot of effort each day to send out a newsletter.

I want to be sending out stuff that people actually care about, not stuff that they won't ever open or send directly to their trash.

So, I figured I would go right to the horses mouth. I'm interested in hearing from anyone who wishes to share their thoughts with me about the kind of email you would like to receive from us.

Anyone who would like to participate please send your thoughts to mcash @ thespread.com.

I'm interested in knowing what kind of stuff you would like to see in a daily newsletter, what kind of stuff you don't want to see, what time you would like to see the newsletter arrive and anything else you think might be useful.

I'm willing to listen, help me, help you.

Posted : February 16, 2017 9:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member

Reach out to handicappers for a article about methods etc Let them hawk their site in exchange for a article.

Posted : February 16, 2017 12:03 pm
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

Mike i just want to say, i was on this site when you 1st started, you need 0 help to do anything better, there is know other site out there that has more info, and breakdowns on all sports then this site, and i mean in all phases of every sport, the old saying, nothing is broke no need to fix, or add, believe me i have been on every sports, site avail., and i have my own, and this 1 by far has always been the best, nothing to tweak brother, at least not here

Posted : February 17, 2017 8:59 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Thanks, Tim I appreciate it. But the fact of the matter is our newsletters are broken. We have tried numerous versions and even though our mailings are 100% opt-in very few actually get opened.

Quite a bit of energy and expense also goes into these newsletters so if I am sending something that isn't getting opened it's essentially like throwing money in the trash.

I have sent out stuff I would personally like to get, I have sent out stuff I see in other mailers and nothing has stuck. So, that is why I am asking for feedback so I can be sure I am sending people what they want so it's worth the effort.

Posted : February 17, 2017 9:44 pm
(@timmy1961)
Illustrious Member

would you mind if i did an exstensive break down, of it more or less what i do wih my business every 3 months, and just give you my view as a bettor, and business man combined, as i said tho earlier mike i was here when you started, there is with out a doubt, no other site around, that has the info, and insight, and sharps, then this site, blade, great work, yourself, insight from others, it's the best, an trust me i know,

Posted : February 17, 2017 11:01 pm
(@armyranger)
Honorable Member

Sorry Mike I didn't even know you had a news letter...

Posted : February 18, 2017 10:16 am
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Sorry Mike I didn't even know you had a news letter...

LOL! Exactly my point

Posted : February 18, 2017 11:13 am
Share: