1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@mvbski)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Pitt's Gray uncertain for Seton Hall because of sore ankle
Sat, Feb 17, 2007By Associated Press

PITTSBURGH -- Pitt star center Aaron Gray apparently sprained his left ankle while falling to the court late in a 65-61 victory over Washington on Saturday, leaving him uncertain for the Panthers' game Monday night at Seton Hall.

Gray, the Big East preseason player of the year and the No. 5 Panthers' leading scorer, was examined after the game by the team's medical staff. Coach Jamie Dixon may not know until Monday if Gray can play.

The game is important for Pitt (23-4, 10-2), which is tied for first place in the Big East Conference with Georgetown (20-5, 10-2) although the Panthers own the tiebreaker. The Panthers play at the Hoyas on Feb. 24.

Gray has injured his ankles several times during practice this season but has yet to miss a game. He is averaging 14.5 points, despite being held to five by Washington, and 10 rebounds per game.

''He's had ankle problems, but he went down pretty bad on this one,'' Dixon said. ''I think it's going to be worse (than those in practice), to be honest with you. But I hope I'm wrong.''

Posted : February 18, 2007 10:48 am
Share: