0 Likes
(@mvbski)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

NBA betting news & notes - November 29
Associated Press
Wed, Nov 29, 2006

SCOREBOARD - Wednesday, Nov. 29

Toronto at Dallas (8:30 p.m. EST). The Mavericks have won 10 straight games, matching the fourth-longest winning streak in club history.

STARS - Tuesday

-Michael Redd, had 45 points as Milwaukee beat the Los Angeles Lakers 109-105.

-Hakim Warrick, Grizzlies, scored 25 points to help Memphis beat Denver 108-96.

-Chris Bosh, Raptors, had 19 points and 14 rebounds to lead Toronto to a 94-77 win over New Orleans.

-Yao Ming, Rockets, scored 25 points on 11-of-15 shooting to help Houston beat Minnesota 82-75.

-Ron Artest, Kings, finished with 28 points and eight rebounds in Sacramento`s 93-80 win over the Los Angeles Clippers.

REDD HOT
Michael Redd scored 18 of his 45 points in the fourth quarter to lead Milwaukee to a 109-105 win over the Lakers in Los Angeles on Tuesday. Redd, who hit five 3-pointers, reached the 30-point mark for the seventh time this season, including a 57-point outburst against Utah on Nov. 11.

STREAKING
Caron Butler hit all 15 of his foul shots to tie a franchise record for made free throws in Washington`s 96-95 win over Atlanta on Tuesday. Butler, who tied the record held by several players, has now hit 32 in a row dating to Nov. 17 against Detroit. ... Houston won for the ninth time in 11 games, 82-75 over. ... Sacramento beat the Los Angeles Clippers for the 14th consecutive time, 93-80.

SNAPPED
Memphis broke a 17-game losing streak in Denver with a 108-96 victory over the Nuggets on Tuesday night. The Grizzlies were the only NBA team without a win at the Pepsi Center. They hadn`t won in Denver since Nov. 18, 1997, when the Nuggets played at McNichols Arena. The victory also stopped Denver`s five game winning streak.

SLUMPING
New Jersey lost its sixth straight game, 96-92 to Charlotte on Tuesday. ... The Los Angeles Clippers remained winless on the road this season after losing 93-80 at Sacramento. The Clippers are also winless in their last 17 trips to Arco Arena, dating back to 1997. ... Portland lost for the eighth time in the last 10 games following a 105-97 defeat to Indiana.

STRONG IN DEFEAT
Joe Johnson led Atlanta with 33 points, eight assists and six rebounds in a 96-95 loss at Washington. ... Carmelo Anthony finished with 37 points, nine rebounds and seven assists, but Denver fell 108-96 at home to Memphis. Anthony has now scored 30 or more points in 10 of his last 11 games. ... Zach Randolph had 30 points and 11 rebounds in Portland`s 105-97 loss to Indiana.

SIGNED
Charlotte signed veteran swingman Derek Anderson on Tuesday. The Hornets will be the seventh team for the 32-year-old Anderson, who was selected 13th overall by Cleveland in the 1997 draft. The former Kentucky star averaged 8.1 points with Houston and Miami last season, but wasn`t re-signed by the Heat.

SPEAKING
``I think I was 5. I`d heard about Denver beating us all the time when I got to town on Sunday. I`d heard enough of that talk.`` - Memphis` Hakim Warrick when asked his age the last time Memphis won in Denver. The Grizzlies broke a 17-game losing streak in Denver - dating to Nov. 18, 1997 - with a 108-96 victory on Tuesday.

Posted : November 29, 2006 9:38 am
Share: