Clear all

Free Premium Service Plays For Saturday 3/20/21

10 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Saturday 3/20/21 thread for free handicapping service plays and expert predictions for NBA, MLB & NCAAB games.

Posted : March 17, 2021 1:01 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Kyle Anthony UFC

4- Adrian Yanez -190
3- Max Griffin -165

Larry Hartstein

OHIO @ VIRGINIA | 03/20 | 7:15 PM EDT
OHIO +7.5
ANALYSIS: Most of the Cavaliers are in quarantine and their first practice for this game will be Thursday. Then they'll face an Ohio team led by Jason Preston (16.6 ppg, 7.2 apg, 6.8 rpg) that rolled through the MAC Tournament. Preston is one of two Bobcats who shoot over 40 percent on 3-pointers. UVA's defense has not been as good as usual defending the trey. This season, opponents are shooting 34.1 percent from deep. Grab the points but don't be surprised by an outright upset.

UCSB @ CREIGHTON | 03/20 | 3:30 PM EDT
UCSB +7.5
ANALYSIS: This is a lot of points to give UCSB and JaQuori McLaughlin, a 6-4, 190-pound guard who averages 16.2 points and 5.2 assists while shooting over 40 percent from deep. The Gauchos went 22-4 and face a Creighton team that dropped three of its last six, including a 25-point beatdown in the Big East final. Grab the points.

Jeff Hochman

VCU @ OREGON | 03/20 | 9:57 PM EDT
VCU +5.5
ANALYSIS: Oregon's strength of schedule is No. 77, while VCU's strength of schedule is No. 81. The Ducks have one of the worst rankings (SOS) of any 20-win team in the tourney. The Rams own the better free-throw percentage, rebounds and defense. VCU is ranked No. 4 in blocks per game (5.4). The Rams are 15-5 ATS in all tournament games since 1997. The Rams are 5-1 straight-up when playing with five or six days of rest. VCU is 5-0 SU and 4-1 ATS after a loss this season. The Ducks are 0-3 ATS when playing with seven or more days of rest.

Matt Severance

ST. BONA. @ LSU | 03/20 | 1:45 PM EDT
LSU -1.5
ANALYSIS: No. 9 St. Bonaventure vs. No. 8 LSU in East Region action. The Atlantic 10 regular-season and tournament champion Bonnies are a fine team that absolutely could win this game and ranked slightly higher than LSU on KenPom. However, the Tigers are clearly more talented; they have been inconsistent at times this year, but played very well down the stretch and pushed Alabama to the limit in the SEC title game. This one will be about pace. The Bonnies are among the best defensive teams in the country and the Tigers among the best on offense. If this game is in the 60s, the Bonnies win. Anything higher than that and LSU does. Superior talent wins out.

Micah Roberts

DAYTON @ MEMPHIS | 03/20 | 12:00 PM EDT
MEMPHIS -4.5
ANALYSIS: Memphis is playing at its highest level of the season and has won seven of its last nine games, with the only two losses coming against Houston, a potential Final Four club. The Tigers covered both games by a large margin. They’ve now covered six straight and 12 of their last 13. They know what they’re doing and the ratings haven’t caught up. Memphis gets another win and cover.

Posted : March 17, 2021 1:04 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Matt Severance

MARYLAND @ CONNECTICUT | 03/20 | 7:10 PM EDT
CONNECTICUT -3
ANALYSIS: No. 10 Maryland vs. No. 7 UConn in East Region action Saturday. The Huskies looked really strong at the end of the season in winning five straight before a tight loss to Creighton in the Big East semis. UConn might have won that game if not playing without starting point guard RJ Cole for the final 4:30 after he hit his face on the floor going down awkwardly on a drive to the basket. Cole (12.3 ppg, 4.4 apg, 1.2 spg) was put in concussion protocol but will complete that later today and be good to go Saturday, and that locks in the Huskies for me here. The Turtles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games as underdogs, while UConn is 5-0 ATS in its past 5 neutral site games as a favorite.

E. WASHINGTON @ KANSAS | 03/20 | 1:15 PM EDT
E. WASHINGTON +10.5
ANALYSIS: No. 14 Eastern Washington vs. No. 3 Kansas in West Region action. We now know that KU will be missing arguably its most talented player, freshman forward Jalen Wilson (12.1 ppg, team-leading 8.2 rpg), as well as reserve guard Tristan Enaruna for at least this game due to COVID protocols. Starting center David McCormack (13.4 ppg, 6.1 rpg), who missed the Big 12 Tournament because of COVID-19 protocols, is expected to travel to Indy on Friday and play but what kind of game shape will he be in? Bill Self already has said McCormack won't be able to log heavy minutes. EWU has won 13 of its past 14 and played Pac-12 schools Washington State and Arizona both very tough in true road games early this season. The Eagles probably won't pull the upset here but they should stay within single digits.

MISSOURI @ OKLAHOMA | 03/20 | 7:25 PM EDT
MISSOURI +2
ANALYSIS: No. 9 Missouri vs. No. 8 Oklahoma in West Region action. I was on the fence for this one but will go with the SEC's Tigers because OU just announced that De’Vion Harmon tested positive for COVID-19 and will not play. The sophomore guard is second on the team in scoring (12.9 ppg) while adding 3.4 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.1 steals in nearly 32 minutes per game. Big, big loss. As it was, Oklahoma enters having lost five of six. Not to be glass half-empty, but if Harmon tested positive that could mean other OU players may sit this out as well.

Micah Roberts

GEORGETOWN @ COLORADO | 03/20 | 12:15 PM EDT
GEORGETOWN +5.5
ANALYSIS: Georgetown had one way to get into the NCAA Tournament, and the Hoyas took it. They won all four games in the Big East to get the automatic bid, and they did most of the damage by clamping down with their defensive pressure. The title game was a 73-48 win against a great shooting team in Creighton, which shot only 17-of-59 from the field. The defense started to turn for the better about 10 games ago (8-2 ATS). The Buffs are not the same club away from Boulder. Georgetown carries the momentum. I took the points.

Matt Severance

IONA @ ALABAMA | 03/20 | 4:00 PM EDT
IONA +17
ANALYSIS: No. 15 Iona vs. No. 2 Alabama from East Region. We know the Gaels are going to play hard and smart for Rick Pitino, who brings his record-tying fifth school to the Big Dance. Might it be a slight letdown game for the Tide off winning the school's first SEC Tournament title in 30 years? Bama also likely will be without SEC All-Freshman guard Josh Primo, who averages 8.4 points and 3.1 rebounds in 22.6 minutes per game. He's dealing with a knee sprain. I'm certainly not saying Iona will win -- I have the Tide in the Final Four -- but they should stay within low double digits.

AL McMordie

NCAA Basketball Selections for Saturday, Mar. 20
3*Creighton -7, 3:30 pm 1st RD GOY

Micah Roberts

ABILENE CHR. @ TEXAS | 03/20 | 9:50 PM EDT
TEXAS -9
ANALYSIS: Abilene Christian’s leading scorer is 7-foot senior center Kolton Kohl, who will have a couple of 6-foot-11 Longhorns harassing him all game, and the Texas guards will also neutralize the edge Abilene guards had in Southland Conference play. One reason I feel confident about Texas winning by double-digits is the free-throw shooting edge. Abilene shoots a lousy 67.3 percent from the line while Texas’ top three scorers all shoot free throws at more than 80 percent. Every little point counts. Texas covers.

Dave Essler

3* GOM Ohio Univ
2* UC Santa Barb

Zack Cimini

UNCG @ FLORIDA ST. | 03/20 | 12:45 PM EDT
UNCG +10.5
ANALYSIS: Florida State has been a reliable team to make a run during March Madness, regardless of seeding. But this year, the Seminoles have a tough draw against UNC Greensboro. Led by senior guard Isaiah Miller, the Spartans play defense as well as most Power Five schools. That’s a rare intangible that should keep things close against the Seminoles. Take UNC Greensboro.

Matt Severance

UCLA @ BYU | 03/20 | 9:40 PM EDT
BYU -3.5
ANALYSIS: No. 11 UCLA vs. No. 6 BYU in East Region action Saturday. I would probably have picked Michigan State to upset BYU had the Spartans not blown Thursday's First Four game vs. UCLA, and I probably would have picked the Bruins to upset BYU, too, since at least one First Four team has won a first-round game in every NCAA Tournament but one. However, I will now go with the rested Cougars because Bruins leading scorer Johnny Juzang left late in OT vs. the Spartans with a right ankle sprain. At the time, it sure didn't look like he would be able to play 48 hours later, but even if he does it surely won't be close to 100 percent. Thus, let's jump this line now before it potentially rises a few points. Juzang had 23 points Thursday and is averaging 14.5 ppg on the season.

DRAKE @ USC | 03/20 | 4:30 PM EDT
USC -6
ANALYSIS: No. 11 Drake vs. No. 6 USC in East Region action. I'm looking at Drake a lot differently after Thursday's ugly win over Wichita State in the First Four -- the Shockers probably should have won. The Bulldogs shot just 37.7 percent and while leading scorer Tank Hemphill was back from injury, he played only 10 minutes so he clearly isn't 100 percent. While Drake slightly won the rebounding battle vs. Wichita State, that will NOT be the case against the Trojans and 7-foot freshman sensation Evan Mobley. He should have his way in the paint. The only worry here is that USC doesn't shoot well from the free-throw line, but I'll give the 6 as I doubt the spread drops.

Larry Hartstein

GRAND CANYON @ IOWA | 03/20 | 6:25 PM EDT
GRAND CANYON +14.5
ANALYSIS: Bryce Drew is a terrific coach and he's got a big man, 7-footer Asbjorn Midtgaard, who can slow down Luka Garza. Iowa has a slew of gifted 3-point shooters, but Grand Canyon holds opponents to 29.7 percent from deep. The Lopes will slow this game down and be competitive. Look for them to improve to 6-0 ATS in their last six as underdogs.

Micah Roberts

MARYLAND @ CONNECTICUT | 03/20 | 7:10 PM EDT
CONNECTICUT -3
ANALYSIS: Maryland is all over the place, up and down, hard to read. After losing to Penn State and Northwestern to close out the regular season, the Terrapins beat Michigan State in the Big Ten Tournament, dominated the first half against Michigan and lost 79-66. UConn is a well coached team that went 16-5-1 ATS this season and 7-1-1 ATS in its last nine. The Huskies are still getting better. UConn is the play.

DRAKE @ USC | 03/20 | 4:30 PM EDT
DRAKE +6
ANALYSIS: USC has lost four of its last eight (2-6 ATS), and the wins have been tough ones, an overtime win against Utah in the Pac-12 Tournament and a one-point win against UCLA to close out the regular season. Drake is the type of disciplined team that will frustrate USC. Drake can win this game, but I took the points instead.

Matt Severance

UCSB @ CREIGHTON | 03/20 | 3:30 PM EDT
UCSB +7.5
ANALYSIS: No. 12 UC Santa Barbara vs. No. 5 Creighton in West Region action. I don't take too much from the Bluejays imploding in the Big East Tournament final vs. Georgetown, but I do like the Gauchos to at least cover here now that Ajare Sanni has been cleared to play from an ankle injury. The Big West Sixth Man of the Year rolled his ankle in the Big West Tournament final vs. UC Irvine. The guard is third on the team in scoring at 11.2 ppg and is the team's second-best three-point shooter. I have Creighton in the Sweet 16, but only because that little pod is so unpredictable with Virginia's COVID issues. My least confident Sweet 16 pick by far.

Tim Doyle

GRAND CANYON @ IOWA | 03/20 | 6:25 PM EDT
IOWA -14.5
ANALYSIS: How happy is Luka Garza not to see Illinois or Michigan anymore? He may have 38 points in the game. I have Iowa in my Final Four. I trust the Hawkeyes' experience and shooting, and I think they will benefit the most getting out of the best conference in the country. A dominant win awaits for the Hawkeyes.

Stephen Oh

ATLANTA @ L.A. LAKERS | 03/20 | 3:30 PM EDT
ATLANTA +4
ANALYSIS: The Hawks have been hot since Nate McMillan took over as coach for the fired Lloyd Pierce on March 1, winning seven straight games. Two of those wins came without Clint Capela, who's now back in the lineup. My model says Atlanta covers more than 60 percent of the time and actually wins by three so you're getting strong value at this number.

UCLA @ BYU | 03/20 | 9:40 PM EDT
BYU -4
ANALYSIS: Johnny Juzang (23 points) was huge in UCLA's First Four win over Michigan State on Thursday, but he had to be carried off with a sprained right ankle late in the overtime victory. On Friday coach Mick Cronin said he's uncertain how well Juzang can play with the injury against BYU. My model says the Cougars cover more than 60 percent of the time and win by seven, so you're getting good value at this number

NORFOLK ST. @ GONZAGA | 03/20 | 9:20 PM EDT
NORFOLK ST. +33.5
ANALYSIS: No. 16 Norfolk State vs. No. 1 Gonzaga in West Region. On paper, this looks to be one of the biggest NCAA Tournament mismatches in years. The Spartans were slight dogs in the First Four vs. Appalachian State but escaped by a point. The Zags are unbeaten and won every game but one by double digits. My model believes this spread is too high, though, with Norfolk State covering the number in 60 percent of simulations.

TEXAS SO. @ MICHIGAN | 03/20 | 3:00 PM EDT
MICHIGAN -25.5
ANALYSIS: No. 16 Texas Southern vs. No. 1 Michigan in East Region. Texas Southern was a slight upset winner over Mount St. Mary's in the First Four on Thursday, and the Tigers have less than a 48-hour turnaround to face the mighty and rested Wolverines. That's a big number, but my model has Michigan covering in more than 50 percent of simulations, so give the 25.5 points.

David Schwab Vegasinsider

CBB
Georgetown +6.5
Georgetown/Colorado Under 138.5
St Bonaventure +2
Texas Southern +26
Texas Southern/Michigan Under 143
UC Santa Barbara +7.5
Alabama -16.5

Thom Cunningham Vegasinsider

CBB
USC -6 (BIG PLAY)
USC/Drake Over 135.5

Joe Williams Vegasinsider

CBB
NC Greensboro +11,5
NC Greensboro/Florida State Over 144.5

Posted : March 20, 2021 9:43 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jonathan Willis Vegasinsider

CBB
Kansas -10.5
Kansas/Eastern Washington Over 147

Vegasinsider College Basketball Totals Club

CBB
Colorado/Georgetown Under 138.5 (BIG PLAY)
St Bonaventure/LSU Under 144.5
UC Santa Barbara/Creighton Over 137
Iona/Alabama Under 147.5
USC/Drake Over 135.5
Michigan/Texas Southern Under 143

Pickswise Sports

College Basketball 3* Best Bets
St Bonaventure +2.5
St Bonaventure/LSU Under 144.5
BYU -4
UC Santa Barbara +7.5

Kenny White

GEORGETOWN @ COLORADO | 03/20 | 12:15 PM EDT
GEORGETOWN +6
ANALYSIS: Patrick Ewing has the Hoyas playing like they used to. Georgetown has won eight of its last 10. The Hoyas are also 11-3 ATS in their last 14 games. Georgetown has been a covering machine. Colorado is 6-8 ATS in its last 14 games. I like the momentum the Hoyas have coming into this matchup, off a Big East championship.

official Exterminator NBA system bet(s):

Atlanta Hawks {A} bet - Bet on the point spread and buy 3 points at no worse than -170 odds to bring the current +4 spread to +7. If the {A} bet fails, please double up on the {B} bet by taking them again on 3/22. The potential {C} bet is on 3/24.
Charlotte Hornets {C} bet (or B bet if you pushed on Charlotte on March 18) - Bet on the point spread and buy 3 points at no worse than -170 odds to bring the current +9.5 spread to +12.5. The B bet on Charlotte on 3/18 could have been a push or loss depending on the spread at the time when you wagered on the game. If you lost the B bet, then treat today's bet as the final C bet in the 3-game series. If you pushed, then treat today's system bet as a remake of the {B} bet

Worlds Worst Picker

BYU
Alabama
NC Greensboro

Play opposites

Posted : March 20, 2021 9:46 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jeff Hochman

N.Y. RANGERS @ WASHINGTON | 03/20 | 7:00 PM EDT
N.Y. RANGERS +125
ANALYSIS: The Rangers outshot the Capitals 33-18 despite losing by one goal last night. Washington is flying high, but there are red flags. During their current seven-game win streak, the Capitals have been out-shot by a combined 211-172. The Capitals have a -33 shot differential while the Rangers own a +24 shot differential this season. Washington has a +15 goal differential while the Rangers are +9 this season. New York has two wins against the Capitals this season.

CALGARY @ TORONTO | 03/20 | 7:00 PM EDT
TORONTO -160
ANALYSIS: The Maple Leafs dropped their third in a row despite outshooting the Flames 27-18 last night. Toronto only managed seven blocked shots (season-low) while the Flames were able to block 29 shots. The Maple Leafs are by far the more efficient team. Toronto sports a plus-60 shot differential, while the Flames check in at -8. The Maple Leafs have a +23 goal differential while Calgary has a -9 goal differential this season. This will be Flames' fourth game in six days, and they are just 1-4 in that role of late.

Pointwise phone day games
1 St Bonny
2 Cal Santa Barbara
3 Eastern Washington
5 Drake
5 Florida State
6 Iona
6 Georgetown
6 Texas Southern

NIT
4 Memphis

Inside Sports Report

Premier Picks® For 03/20/21

5* UConn -3 over Maryland (NCAAB)
Range: -1.5 to -5.5

3* Memphis -4.5 over Dayton (NCAAB)
Range: -3 to -7

3* L.S.U. -1.5 over St. Bonaventure (NCAAB)
Range: PK to -4

Oskeim Sports

2* #775: VCU (+5.5) (-110) over Oregon
2* #781: St. Bonaventure (+2) (-120) over LSU
1* #785: UNC-Greensboro (+10.5) (-110) over Florida State

Posted : March 20, 2021 10:20 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Billy Coleman

3 Under 137.5 Dayton
3 Over 147 Iona
3 Creighton +7.5
3 G'town +6.0
4 Over 130.5 Ohio U
4 St Bonny +2.0

5 MISSOURI +1.0

WUnderdog

Mens NCAA College Basketball Tournement

Texas Southern +26 vs michgan

Zack Cimini

SACRAMENTO @ PHILADELPHIA | 03/20 | 8:00 PM EDT
PHILADELPHIA -6.5
ANALYSIS: The 76ers have become accustomed to being without key contributors. That is the case once again Saturday as they will be without Joel Embiid and Seth Curry. They’ll take on a Kings team that has won consecutive games but is on the second night of a back-to-back. Expect a poor effort in what is Sacramento's fifth straight road game.

Kyle Akins

ATLANTA @ L.A. LAKERS | 03/20 | 3:30 PM EDT
UNDER 221.5
ANALYSIS: These teams' last three games are interesting because they have been opposite of their seasonlong course of action. Atlanta has won its last three games primarily with strong defense. Meanwhile the Lakers have outscored opponents in their last three games. With both teams coming in hot, expect defense to win out. Los Angeles knows it does not want to get into shootouts with efficient scoring teams such as Atlanta, which has scored 1.31 points per shot attempt on the season. The Under is 9-0 when the Lakers are facing an opponent with a season-to-date points per field goal attempt average of better than 1.30.

Wise Guy Insider

Iona +16.5
Oregon -5
Lakers -4.5

College Basketball(Bob Balfe)
12:45 PM EST
Rotation #785
UNCG +10.5 over Florida State
Florida State had a golden opportunity to win the ACC Title against a team they towered over and couldn’t rebound. The Noles went on to lose the game because of a record number of turnovers. This is a super athletic team, but they get in their own way. UNCG is not as talented, but they value and protect the basketball. This Spartans team is pretty solid at keeping teams from second point chances on the glass and they grab defensive rebounds. Wes Miller is a good young coach who actually played in the ACC and knows Leonard Hamilton well. Isaiah Miller is a guy who could play on an ACC level. This seems like a bad matchup for UNCG because of the size difference, but FSU struggles against quicker guards. It’s really hard to come back after such a demoralizing loss. The pressure of the NCAA Tournament will also lead to move turnovers. This is an early start time and we might see UNCG get out to a quick lead that FSU fumbles to comeback from. Take UNCG. Give the money line a shot at +465.

Posted : March 20, 2021 11:06 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

World's Worst Picker

Play opposite (9-1 last 10 picks)

Maryland
LSU

MVP Lock Club

BYU -4

Elite Sports Picks
Florida St. -10.5 over North Carolina-Greensboro (NCAAB)

Vegas Wiseguy Plays

Texas Southern +25.5

H&H Sports - Update #1
College Basketball
NCAA Tournament (11-4 overall)
NIT Tournament (6-0 overall)

CBB
Triple Dime - Florida State -10 (-120)
Double Dime - Kansas -10 (-120)
Double Dime - Dayton +6

The Sports Geek

CBB - UConn -3