Notifications
Clear all

Tie in Basketball Game - Wager Outcome?

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mflyers67)
Topic starter

I did a parlay yesterday at BetOnline where I won all wagers except the below wager:

Basketball - Europe - BBC Bayreuth vs. Siden Torun - BBC Bayreuth 10/1/2018 -4 -119

This was a European basketball game that ended in a 73-73 tie which they graded as a loss. Being that it did not go to overtime, they have no rules on ties in basketball, a tie can't even be bet in basketball.

My thinking is it should be a no action/cancelled bet within the parlay with the odds on the parlay reduced.

I am waiting to hear back from their customer service, but was curious on other's opinions here!

Posted : October 2, 2018 1:48 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

What are the rules regarding parlays on their site? Does it say what happens in the result of a tie?

All these places have different rules regarding various things that might come up, its wise to read them all before you place your wager so you aren't surprised.

I'll be interested to see what they say but if it's something that is listed on their website then there probably isn't much you can do unfortunately.

This is a very odd thing though for sure and if I had to guess they do have different rules for Euro basketball vs. the NBA. I was unaware that Euro leagues will play to a tie.

Posted : October 2, 2018 3:00 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator

Since you had it at-4 a tie would be a loser. That is it's an official game and listed in the standing. Imo

Posted : October 2, 2018 3:08 pm
(@mflyers67)
Topic starter

I didn't know ties were possible either. Ties in parlays are cancelled but the below are their basketball rules:

-For NCAA, WNBA and European Matches the game has to go at least 35 minutes for wagers to have action. In the case of NBA matches, the game must go at least 43 minutes.
-Winners are determined by the final score of the game including overtime, unless otherwise specified.
-In the event a game is suspended after the time stipulated above and play is not re-established later on that same day, the score shown when the game was suspended will be counted as final, for wagering purposes.
-In the event that the game is suspended before time stipulated above and play is not re-established later on that same day, all wagers will be deemed "No Action."

Odds are now that I read this they'll say it's a loss although the part that gets me is the fact that it states including overtime unless otherwise specified. I see no specification that no overtime would be played.

Posted : October 2, 2018 3:37 pm
(@michael-cash)
Member Moderator

I'm sure it's gonna be a loss now that I read this also. But I think otherwise specified is kind of their catch all for shit they couldn't foresee.

Any ultimately I think this comes down to the league rules. If it's a known thing that Euro league does not play OT then I guess this would fall back on you not knowing exactly everything you were betting. Sucks and I'm not bashing you at all because like I said, I had no idea any basketball anywhere including high school played to a tie.

Super unfortunate for you, parlays are tough enough as it is and to get hung up on a technicality sucks and blows.

Let us know what they say though. Maybe they will throw you a bone, you never know

Posted : October 2, 2018 5:52 pm
(@strakey)
Reputable Member

Another way to ask is if they counted Siden Torun +4 as a win and paid it out. If so, you're shit out of luck I'm sure.

Posted : October 2, 2018 6:46 pm
(@mb691)

of course that should be a push!! omg i'd be so pissed if they determined that to be a loss. keep us posted on that outcome.

Posted : October 16, 2018 6:16 pm
Share: