Clear all

Picks: Free Service Plays for Thursday, February 22, 2018

32 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Betting news, trends, odds and predictions for Thursday, February 22, 2018 from various handicappers and websites

Posted : February 22, 2018 8:40 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Rickenbach
Feb 22 '18, 7:00 PM in 8h
NCAA-B | Purdue vs Illinois
Play on: Purdue -8 -110 at BMaker

Scott "The Bulldog" Rickenbach CBB Game #573 Thursday Free Pick Purdue Boilermakers (-) @ Illinois Illini @ 7 ET - The Boilermakers have stumbled recently and, even though they're off of a win, it was a tight victory. Purdue needs a big blowout win to truly get back on track in advance of tourney time and Illinois should prove to be the "punching bag" that is just what the doctor ordered! The Boilermakers have crushed the Illini by an average margin of 27 points in their last 2 meetings. Also, Illinois enters this match-up on short rest and having lost 11 of its last 14 games and 8 of those 11 losses were by a double digit margin. This is Purdue's "easiest match-up" they've had in awhile and I expect them to take full advantage. The Boilermakers are on an 8-4 ATS run when facing a team with a losing record. The Illini are on a 4-8 ATS run when off of a loss in Big Ten action. Road rout is on tap in this one! Free Pick PURDUE

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:04 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Red Dog Sports
NCAA-B | Old Dominion vs Marshall
Play on: OVER 150½ -110

over 150.5

ODU just played a 100-66 game at home before playing a solid defensive game against UTEP and allowing under 40 points. They travel to West Virginia to play at Marshall and Dan D'antoni's team that has plenty of firepower. Previous meetings have reached 151 or more as I expect we will see tonight.

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:04 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Sean Murphy
Feb 22 '18, 7:05 PM in 9h
NBA | Knicks vs Magic
Play on: Knicks +4 -103 at pinnacle

Thursday NBA free play. My selection is on New York plus the points over Orlando at 7:05 pm et on Thursday.

The Knicks went into the All-Star break reeling on the heels of eight consecutive losses but I believe they have a good chance of snapping that skid in Orlando on Thursday night. The Magic have dealt with a number of key injuries and come into this game having dropped their last three contests. They did enjoy a three-game winning streak prior to that but keep in mind, that was their first winning streak since way back in November. Orlando pulled out a 105-100 win over New York the last time these two teams met in December. We're looking at a pointspread in that range here, I simply feel that there isn't much separating these two lowly squads at all right now and will grab all the points I can get with the underdog Knicks. Take New York (8*).

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:05 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Marc Lawrence
NCAA-B | Wisconsin vs Northwestern
Play on: Wisconsin +4 -110 at BMaker

Play - Wisconsin (Game 571).

Edges - Badgers: 5-1 SUATS L6 games on this floor… Wildcats: Collins 5-10 ATS at home versus avenging conference foes… With these two teams going in opposite directions at the moment, the points become the play tonight. We recommend a 1* play on Wisconsin… Thank you and good luck as always.

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:06 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Scott Spreitzer
Feb 22 '18, 10:05 PM in 12h
NBA | Thunder vs Kings
Play on: Kings +7½ -105 at 5Dimes

I'm recommending a play on the Sacramento Kings plus the points. OKC must win by 4 full buckets to cover this number tonight and we don't believe they'll get there. The Thunder have been favored in 50 games this season and not only have they covered just 18 times, but they've averaged just three more points than they've allowed in those games. OKC went into the break struggling, having won and covered just three of nine games. Sacto was actually enjoying a little more success, winning five of their last 11 outright, while covering eight of their last 12. The teams have met twice this season with the Kings covering both, including a 95-88 loss while getting 12 in OKC, and last month's 94-86 outright win as a home underdog. OKC is not the same on the defensive end with Andre Roberson injured and out for the season. They've given up 111 points per game in their last 14, allowing their opponents to make over 48 percent of their shots on nine occasions and over 50 percent in five of their last 10 games. OKC enters on a 2-8 ATS slide on the road against teams with a losing home record. Meanwhile, the Kings are on an 11-1 ATS run when playing with at least three days off between games and they're on an 8-3 ATS run against OKC. I'm grabbing the points with the Kings on Thursday. Thanks & GL! Scott Spreitzer.

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:06 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

It's gotta happen sometime, doesn't it? Might as well be tonight. I am talking about the Purdue Boilermakers who did snap a 3 game straight up losing streak with a home win over Penn State their last time out, but they failed to cover. The ATS loss puts the Boilermakers on a money-torching 0-7-1 spread dive their last 8 times on the hardwood.

I think tonight is the night they step up and clobber someone.

Illinois has been nothing special in coach Brad Underwood's first season at the helm, as the Illini did spring the win over Nebraska at home this past Sunday, but promptly followed with a blowout 20-point loss in East Lansing to Michigan State. That makes it just a 3-11 straight up record in Big Ten play this year, and a 4-9-1 against the spread mark in those 14 conference games.

Vince Edwards did miss the Boilers last game with an ankle injury, and is listed as questionable for tonight's affair, but even if he cannot go, Purdue still has enough size and firepower to stretch the margin tonight against an Illini team they have pounded by 23 and 31 points in the last 2 series meetings.

Go ahead an lay the road wood in this Big Ten tilt, as Matt Painter's team finally gets their romp on.

4* PURDUE

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:08 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jeff Benton

Your Thursday freebie is the Philadelphia 76ers to pick up where they left off prior to the All-Star Break, and that is with another win and cover, tonight in Chicago against the Bulls.

Philly has won 5 straight and 6 of their last 7 straight up, and they have covered in 4 of their last 5, and 5 of 7 overall.

Chicago has lost 9 of their last 11 games both straight up and against the spread, and are headed nowhere fast.

In the first meeting this season, the Sixers dumped the Bulls, 115-101 as the -5 1/2 point home favorites, and I don't see any reason why Philadelphia won't go out tonight in the Windy City and take care of business as they close in on their first playoff appearance in quite some time.

Lay the road wood with the 76ers this Thursday over the Bulls.

3* PHILADELPHIA

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:09 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Jeff Allen Sports

Thursday's Free Selection is on the Tampa Bay Lightning

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:10 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mike Wynn

Free Play: Free Pick North Texas +1 Over Florida Int'l

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:11 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR THURSDAY: Take WESTERN KENTUCKY -19 over Charlotte

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:11 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Totals4U

Thursday's Free Selection: Philadelphia 76ers/Chicago Bulls under 214 1/2

Posted : February 22, 2018 11:12 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

John Anthony Sports

Thursday's Free Selection: Cal-Santa Barbara Gauchos + 3