Clear all

Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017

28 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Free Picks for Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 from some of the nations best and worst handicappers

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:24 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVE COKIN

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE VS BUFFALO
PLAY: SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

I’m keeping this short and sweet. The Tuesday games between Buffalo and UAB was absolutely crazy. The game had one big run after another and eventually had to be settled in overtime. Buffalo got the win but I wonder what will be left in the tank today.

That brings Mike Daum into the conversation, Daum has been held in check in the first two games of this event. Just ten points in each game for the Jackrabbits star. He’s due for a major breakout and this really could be a great spot. Buffalo loves to push the tempo. I’ve got to think that after the nutso game with UAB that was preceded by a really good effort against Cincinnati on Monday, the Bulls might not defend well here. If that’s the case, Daum could explode and if he does, the Jackrabbits have a great chance to win the game.

I’m anticipating South Dakota State about -3 here. I’ll revisit this in the morning, but I’m looking to back South Dakota State in this one.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Anthony

Washington vs. Charlotte
Play: Washington +2.5

While everybody will obviously have their eyes on Washington's awesome backcourt - they should also watch for the impressive and game balancing Otto Porter Jr of the Wizards - which is going to be a big problem for the Hornets frontcourt. Washington's 4 yr forward has been putting up 16/game this season. And their shot efficiency has been awesome - with their smart Gs and tight pick and roll play. The Hornets are in a bit of a funk lately and I like the Wiz here in this one as your comp.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:26 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Frank Jordan

Toronto vs. New York
Play: New York +4.5

Toronto is rolling having won four in a row and seven of 10 to put them at 11-5, but still in second place behind Boston. The Knicks are third in the division at 9-7 and come in off a win last time out and in six of their last 10 games. The Knicks are strong at home with an 8-3 record, Toronto is no slouch on the road with a 5-4 record. Toronto is 2-1 in division games and the Knicks are 1-2 in division games. These two teams played in Toronto a couple of games ago with the Raptors winning going away 107-84, but with this game in New York can the Knicks turn the tables on the Raptors? Yes they can! Look for the Knicks to protect their home court and win 103-98 in a great battle between division foes.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:27 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mike Lundin

Milwaukee vs. Phoenix
Play: Phoenix +6

The Phoenix Suns look like an excellent home dog when they host the shorthanded Milwaukee Bucks Wednesday night. Milwaukee has lost back-to-back games, and here it will have to do without both center John Henson who underwent an eye procedure and forward Mirza Teletovic had arthroscopic knee surgery on Tuesday.

This will be Eric Bledsoe's first game against his former team, and don't expect a warm welcome at Talking Stick Resort Arena. The home town crowd will no doubt be pumped up to help the Suns win, particularly after Bledsoe's behavior before leaving the organization.

Phoenix has recorded consecutive victories (against the Lakers and the Bulls) and averaged 117 points over its last three contests. Pretty, pretty good numbers.

The Suns are just 4-7 at home this season, but the Bucks are often overrated as road favorites going 2-8-1 ATS in their last 11 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of less than .400. We can also note that the Bucks took a 99-88 beating by Washington their last time out and they're just 2-6-1 ATS in their last nine games following a double-digit loss at home.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:28 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Stephen Nove

Dallas vs. Memphis
Play: Under 197.5

The Mavericks rank among the bottom three teams in scoring and shooting percentage. So it's not a huge surprsie they've gone Under in seven of their last nine games. It should be eight of their last nine, but one of their Overs during this span happened only because of overtime.

Dallas is committed to rookie point guard Dennis Smith Jr. and he has been cold missing 27 of his last 36 shots from the floor. The Grizzlies are minus Mike Conley, their star point guard. He's out with an Achilles injury replaced by Mario Chalmers. This is another plus for the Under as Chalmers is more about defense than offense. Chalmers hounded Damian Lillard into missing 10 of 15 shot attempts in the Grizzlies' last game, a 100-92 loss to Portland on Monday.

The Grizzlies haven't been happy with their defensive play. Yet only five teams are giving up fewer points per game than Memphis and only three have a better defensive field goal percentage.

I see the Grizzlies putting up a strong defensive effort here with their offense suffering minus Conley and big man Brandan Wright. The Grizzlies lose offense in the frontcourt, too, with reserve center Deyonta Davis and forward Jarell Martin getting Wright's minutes.

The Under has cashed in seven of Memphis' last nine home games. The Grizzlies defeated the Mavericks at home, 96-91 for a total of 187 points, when the teams last met on Oct. 26.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:29 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lee

Marquette vs. LSU
Play: Marquette -5

Marquette is worth a look here as a short favorite against the Tigers. LSU was exposed in a big way last night in a 53-92 loss to Notre Dame. In that defeat the Tigers lost starting guard Brandon Sampson to an ankle injury, who can not only score, but is one of LSU's best defenders. Without him the Tigers figure to be in for a long day here against Marquette's dynamic backcourt duo of Andrew Rowsey and Markus Howard, who both averaging over 20 ppg. The Golden Eagles are just 2-2 to start the year, but the two losses have come against two of the best teams in the country in Purdue and Wichita State. They also have a win over a good VCU team and should have no problem here disposing of the Tigers.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chip Chirimbes

Lakers vs. Kings
Play: Kings +1

How did that happen. Last night the Bulls held a 23-point lead over the Lakers and managed to blow both the lead and the 'cover' (+6) as Los Angeles allowed just 38 points in the second half. Sacramento once again is a bottom feeder but they do have one shinning star in De'Aaron Fox who dominated Lonzo Ball in the NCAA tournament out-scoring the over-rated Lakers guard 39-10. I don't expect anything thing different this time out.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:30 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

Mavs vs. Grizzlies
Play: Grizzlies -6

The Grizzlies have gone two weeks without a win – and the same length of time without a cover – so the struggling Mavericks are arriving on their doorstep at the right time. Dallas is coming off an emotionally draining overtime loss to the Celtics a few days ago and doesn’t figure to have much left in the tank for tonight’s game. Unfortunately, the Grizz will be without star PG Mike Conley, who is dealing with an Achilles issue and is sidelined for at least another week. Whether the Mavs, who have won only once on the road this season and have lost by double digits in most other games away from home, can do anything about is questionable. Lay the points here.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:31 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Mavericks vs. Grizzlies
Play: Under 197½

We are getting some good value here with the UNDER in Wednesday's NBA total between the Mavericks and Grizzlies. Both of these teams have come in struggling on the offensive side of the ball. Dallas is averaging just 98 ppg in their last 5 and Memphis is even worse at 97.4 ppg.

One of the reasons these two teams don't score a ton, is they both play at a slow pace. The Mavericks rank 23rd in pace and the Grizzlies are 27th. Note that Memphis is also playing without starting point guard Mike Conley.

Another key here is that these are two division rivals, so they are very familiar with what the other likes to do. This will already be the 3rd meeting between the two teams. The most recent meeting saw the two teams combine for just 187 points. I think that's right about where we see this one finish tonight.

UNDER is 7-2 in the Grizzlies last 9 home games and 6-0-1 in their last 7 against a division opponent. UNDER is also 6-1 in the Mavs last 7 off a SU loss and 4-0-1 in their last 5 against a division opponent.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Davis

Nets vs. Cavaliers
Play: Nets +11

The question here is do you really think that the Cavs are going to be motivated here to put a number on the Nets? I know the Cavs have revenge here, but I see them just going through the motions here.

Seems like now the lines are being adjusted quickly because the Cavs are back to winning games. The Nets are coming off two days rest here and think they will be motivated to try and get another win over the Cavs. The Nets have covered 5 of their last 7 games.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:32 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Mark Franco

Milwaukee at Phoenix
Play: Milwaukee -5½

Eric Bledsoe makes his return to Phoenix and is unsure of the reception he will receive when the Milwaukee Bucks visit the Suns on Wednesday. The 27-year-old Bledsoe was banished by the Suns and fined $10,000 by the NBA when he tweeted "I Dont wanna be here" on Oct. 22 and was traded to the Bucks two-plus weeks later.

Milwaukee won its first four games after Bledsoe took the court but arrives in Phoenix on the heels of back-to-back defeats.

The Bucks have won the past four meetings and five of the last six. Milwaukee star SF Giannis Antetokounmpo, who ranks second in the NBA in scoring (29.7), has topped 20 points in 15 of 16 games. I look for him to just go off vs. this Suns defense.

Bucks are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. a team with a losing straight up record. Suns are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 vs. Eastern Conference. Bucks are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Phoenix.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:33 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Nets at Cavs
Pick: Over

We hit out Situation Game of the Month with Cleveland at Detroit on Monday evening in an easy win, 116-88. The issue with the Cavs is to know when to play them and when to fold them. The Cavs like to rest players, but I believe they see the Celtics pulling away and have had to step it up, evidenced by their five straight wins. If they aren't careful the Celtics will run away with the East. Both teams have bad defenses, allowing 113.9 for the Nets and 114 for the Cavs. However, during this last five game streak, Cleveland has allowed just 102.6 ppg, a drastic downturn. Brooklyn has lost three of its last four games and hits the road here tonight. This isn't a very good team, especially on the road. With Cleveland having last night off, I look for them to run up the score tonight. The Cavs have been a great over team at home, with a 25-10-1 O/U record their last 36 home games. They are also 7-3 O/U their last 10 overall. I like this game to go OVER tonight with the Cavs having had some rest.

Posted : November 22, 2017 12:34 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Wunderdog

Dallas @ Colorado
Pick: Dallas -112

Dallas has improved the defense under coach Ken Hitchcock at #14 in goals allowed, #11 in penalty killing. The offense is still the strength of the team with the league's second-ranked power play behind Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin and Devin Shore. Seguin and Shore each recorded a goal and an assist in last night's 3-1 triumph over the Canadians. That offense will do well against a bad Colorado defense that is #27 in goals allowed and penalty killing. Colorado is also without starting goalie Semyon Varlamov, who will miss his second straight game with an illness. Backup Jonathan Bernier starts and is 3-4-0 allowing 25 goals. The Avalanche are 9-24 against winning teams, plus 8-23 after a victory. The Stars have also taken five of the last six meetings.

Posted : November 22, 2017 5:04 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joey Juice

The Raptors are heading to Madison Square Garden where the Knicks have been magic lately. However gambler's should not be fooled by sleight of hand.

These two teams just played in Toronto and it was ugly for the Knicks who got destroyed by the Raptors.

While I understand that home-court advantage makes a big difference, not enough of a difference to overcome the gap in talent between these two clubs.

Toronto will look to send a message in this game that unicorns are make believe.

A quick look at the numbers tells us all we need to know about betting the Raptors in this one. Toronto it's simply hot lately versus the Las Vegas number, they are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall. The New York Knicks on the other hand are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games vs. a team with a winning percentage above .600, and 1-8 ATS in their last 9 vs. The NBA Atlantic.

Toronto is the play.

4* TORONTO

Posted : November 22, 2017 5:05 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: