Clear all

MLB Betting News and Notes Thursday, October 20th, 2016

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MLB betting trends, odds and predictions for Thursday, October 20th, 2016 from various handicappers and websites.

Posted : October 20, 2016 7:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

MLB Knowledge

Cubs @ Dodgers

Lester is 6-1, 1.27 in his last eight starts; Cubs won five of his last seven road starts. He is 7-6, 2.57 in 16 postseason starts, and is 1-0, 0.86 in three starts against the Dodgers this year.

Maeda is 0-3, 9.88 in his last four starts, 0-1, 9.00 in two playoff starts. He allowed three runs in four IP in his only start against Chicago this year.

Cubs are 5-3 in playoffs this year, 3-2 on the road, 6-5 against Los Angeles this season.

Dodgers won four of their last six games; Roberts is a rookie manager who is 5-4 in the playoffs. Maddon got Tampa Bay to ’08 World Series; he is 22-25 as a manager in the postseason, 9-8 with Chicago.

Armadillosports.com

Posted : October 20, 2016 7:57 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

CHICAGO CUBS (108 - 61) at LA DODGERS (96 - 75) - 8:05 PM

JON LESTER (L) vs. KENTA MAEDA (R)

There are no Top Trends with records of significance that apply to this game.

Head-to-Head Series History
LA DODGERS is 5-6 (+0.2 Units) against CHICAGO CUBS this season
7 of 11 games in this series have gone UNDER THE TOTAL this season . (Under=+2.8 Units)

JON LESTER vs. LA DODGERS since 1997
LESTER is 2-2 when starting against LA DODGERS with an ERA of 2.82 and a WHIP of 0.965.
His team's record is 3-3 (-1.2 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 5-1. (+3.9 units)

KENTA MAEDA vs. CHICAGO CUBS since 1997
MAEDA is 0-0 when starting against CHICAGO CUBS with an ERA of 6.75 and a WHIP of 1.750.
His team's record is 0-1 (-1.0 units) in these starts. The UNDER is 0-1. (-1.2 units)

CHI CUBS vs. LA DODGERS
The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Chi Cubs's last 8 games when playing on the road against LA Dodgers
The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Chi Cubs's last 18 games when playing LA Dodgers
The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers's last 6 games at home
LA Dodgers are 13-3 SU in their last 16 games at home

StatFox Super Situations

CHICAGO CUBS at LA DODGERS
Play Against - Any team (CHICAGO CUBS) starting a pitcher who gave up = 7.00 over his last 5 starts 254-243 since 1997. ( 51.1% | 96.0 units ) 13-17 this year. ( 43.3% | 2.5 units )

StatFox Situational Power Trends

MLB | CHICAGO CUBS at LA DODGERS
CHICAGO CUBS are 100-67 (+33.4 Units) against the money line after batting .240 or worse over a 15 game span over the last 3 seasons. The average score was: CHICAGO CUBS (4.3) , OPPONENT (3.6)

Chicago Cubs at LA Dodgers
Lester: Chicago Cubs are 6-3 SU in last 9 games
Maeda: 13-3 SU in last 16 home games

Posted : October 20, 2016 10:01 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thursday's NLCS Game 5 Betting Preview: Cubs at Dodgers
By Covers.com

Chicago Cubs at Los Angeles Dodgers (+140, 7)

The Chicago Cubs went 21 innings without scoring before the offense broke out and now aim to regain the series lead when they visit the Los Angeles Dodgers on Thursday in Game 5 of the National League Championship Series. First baseman Anthony Rizzo and shortstop Addison Russell each broke out of deep postseason slumps as Chicago racked up 13 hits in a 10-2 victory on Wednesday to even the series at two games apiece.

Rizzo (three RBIs) and Russell (two) were each 3-for-5 with a homer to end deep postseason funks that saw them enter Game 4 with a combined 3-for-50 showing -- 2-for-26 for Rizzo and 1-for-24 for Russell. "We just got to keep fighting, and we know that," Rizzo said afterward. "We know what we're capable of in any inning. ... We have to keep going and keep believing and keep pushing." Los Angeles played sloppily and committed four errors in Game 4 but that didn't sway the decision announced earlier in the day by manager Dave Roberts to not pitch ace left-hander Clayton Kershaw again until Game 6 in Chicago. Roberts reiterated after the contest that right-hander Kenta Maeda will pitch Thursday as Roberts cited Kershaw was heavily used (three starts, one relief appearance) over a 10-day span.

WEATHER REPORT: Los Angeles. Sunny, low-90's at beginning of the game falling all the way down to mid-80's when the sun goes down, no wind, 10 percent humidity. Can anyone spare a plane ticket to Los Angeles?

PITCHING MATCHUP: Cubs LH Jon Lester (1-0, 0.64 ERA) vs. Dodgers RH Kenta Maeda (0-1, 9.00)

Lester received a no-decision in Game 1 when he allowed one run and four hits and wasn't thrilled when manager Joe Maddon pulled him after six innings. "I don't get paid to make decisions," Lester said at a press conference. "I pitch as long as he tells me to pitch. And as competitors in that particular moment, you're not happy with the decision. That doesn't mean that I'm going to go in there and yell at him or I don't trust him or I don't like him or anything like that. That's just being a competitor." Lester has a stellar 2.57 ERA in 18 postseason appearances (16 starts) but owns only a 7-6 record.

Maeda has pitched poorly in two postseason starts, including Game 1 when he gave up three runs and four hits in four innings. He has pitched five or fewer innings in six straight outings dating back to the regular season and admits his playoff performance has been shaky. "I'm not going to be too careful, even though I haven't been pitching well in the postseason," Maeda said during a press conference. "What I'm going to be really focused on is just pitching well (Thursday) and not worry too much about what I have done in the past."

TRENDS:

* Cubs are 2-9 in their last 11 League Championship games.
* Cubs are 6-0 in Lester's last 6 starts vs. a team with a winning record.
* Dodgers are 5-1 in their last 6 home games vs. a left-handed starter.
* Dodgers are 6-1 in Maeda's last 7 home starts.
* Over is 6-1 in Cubs' last 7 road games.
* Under is 10-2 in Lester's last 12 starts overall.
* Over is 6-0 in Maedas last 6 home starts.

Posted : October 20, 2016 11:26 am
Share: