Clear all

Free Service Plays For Sunday 8/9/20

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Sunday 8/9/20 thread for free handicapping service plays and expert predictions for MLB, NBA & NHL games.

Posted : August 9, 2020 9:58 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

NATIONAL SPORTS ADVISORS
THE LEGEND!
FREE NHL PICKS
Stars vs Blues
TIME: 3:00 PM EST
PICK: Blues -140

Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR SUNDAY: SAN FRANCISCO/LA DODGERS UNDER the total of 8 runs

Totals4U

Sunday's Free Selection: Los Angeles Angels/Texas Rangers under 8 1/2

Roz Wins

Roz's SUNDAY, AUGUST 9, 2020 Free Pick

MLB
978. Athletics -.148 (1:10 pm PT / 4:10 pm ET)

Atlantic Sports

Sunday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: Minnesota Twins - 165

#1 Sports

Sunday's Free Play: Houston Astros + 140

Sharp Bettor
SharpBettor FREE Play SUNDAY, August 9, 2020

MLB

965. Indians -1.21 (4:08 pm PT / 7:08 pm ET)

Golden Dragon

FREE WINNER for Sunday

Milwaukee Woodruff -118

Hawkeye Sports

Sunday's Free Pick: Colorado Rockies - 170

Huddle Up Sports

Free Play: Detroit Turnbull -108

Vegas Steam Line

Your free winner for Sunday: SAN ANTONIONEW ORLEANS UNDER the total of 240

High Stakes Syndicate

Free Selection for Sunday: Boston Red Sox - 150

Kenny Towers

Your Free Pick for Sunday: Philadelphia/Portland OVER 229

Arthur Ralph

Twins w/ Berrios-165

Posted : August 9, 2020 10:03 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

MITCHELL NEWMAN

My Sunday comp play is the Rockets and the Kings Under the total.

It appears the Rockets are going to finish in either the 4th or 5th spot when these 8 bubble games are in the books, so I am not so sure you are going to see a fully intense effort from Houston on the offensive end of the floor this Sunday afternoon.

Houston has played each of their last 3 games in Orlando Under the total and they have held Under the total in 6 of their last 8 dating back to the work stoppage.

Sacramento started their Orlando experience with a pair of Overs to make it 6 straight Overs dating back to the work stoppage in March, but the Kings just played Under the total on Friday against the Nets to make it 2 of their last 3 in the Under column.

Head-to-head numbers between the teams show the last meeting just before Christmas holding Under the total to make it a 6-3 Under the total the last 9 times the teams have played one another.

The oddsmakers tend to inflate the total when it comes to playing the Over in Houston games and today is another example of that.

Rockets-Kings land Under.

1* HOUSTON-SACRAMENTO UNDER

BOB VALENTINO

Just when the proverbial fork was being stuck in them - they lose their first 4 games in the bubble, they lose starter Jaren Jackson Jr. to injury - the Memphis Grizzlies went out on Friday as the +4 point underdog and ripped the streaking Oklahoma City Thunder a new rear end, 121-92!

Going to look for the points to work with Memphis this Sunday afternoon as the face the Toronto Raptors. The Raptors riding a 7 game winning streak, including 3 wins and covers in the Orlando bubble, but Friday night they lost a 122-100 decision to the Boston Celtics to end the streak at 7 in a row.

Toronto is solidly locked into the # 2 spot in the Eastern Conference playoff standings and they do have a date with the Milwaukee Bucks up next tomorrow night. While Nick Nurse's team won't catch Milwaukee for the overall # 1 seed, my feeling is they will want to use the Bucks game as a barometer for where they are at come playoff time.

That being said, I expect the Raptors to do just enough to win this game. I expect the Grizzlies to once again show the same resolve they showed on Friday in stepping up against Oklahoma City and be right there come the closing seconds.

Take the Grizzlies plus the points.

3* MEMPHIS

CHRIS JORDAN

My free play is on the Texas Rangers over the Angels, who are in Arlington from Anaheim with a bad pitching matchup for Sunday. Be sure you're listing the scheduled starting pitchers, as I like Lance Lynn over Andrew Heaney.

Lynn, who has opened the season with a 1-0 mark and stingy 0.49 ERA, should have confidence for this one as he won his two home starts against the Angels last season. The right-hander was 2-1 with a 2.75 ERA against them, and is 2-2 with a 3.96 ERA in six career starts against them. He's pitching too well to start the season, and will deliver a quality start for us here.

I know Heaney is 1-0 with a 2.35 ERA, and he's coming off his first win of the year, but he is 2-3 with 4.82 ERA in 10 starts against Texas all time. Today he catches a Rangers team that has won two straight and will be looking to climb back into relevancy in the American League West.

Take the home team here.

3* RANGERS (Lynn over Heaney)

JACK BRAYMAN

My free winner for Sunday is on the MLB diamond, as I'm playing the American League West battle between the Houston Astros and Oakland Athletics Under the posted total. And since every MLB wager on a run line or total traditionally auto-lists pitchers, I want you to be sure the two pitchers on your ticket, when making this play, are Cristian Javier and Jesus Luzardo. If they are not the pitchers of record when making your play, disregard this play.

It's all about the pitchers here, as it is 90% of the time I releasing totals.

Javier is 1-0 with a 1.42 ERA this season, and comes in after notching his first career win Tuesday at Arizona. The right-hander was stellar in allowing just one run and four hits over six innings in just his second Major League start. And if you've watched this kid throw, you can see he gains more and more confidence every time he steps to the hill. Over three outings, including two starts, the 23-year-old from the Dominican Republic has allowed 4.97 hits per nine innings, with 11 strikeouts and two walks.

He'll face an equally talented youngster in Luzardo, whose first Major League start lived up to the hype we've been hearing about surrounding Oakland's No. 1 prospect. The southpaw doesn't have a decision yet, but does have a stingy 2.31 ERA and is in after twirling five scoreless innings in a win over the Rangers. He faces an Astros team he made his Major League debut against last year.

Look for a pitchers' duel here.

5* UNDER Astros-Athletics

HUNTER PRICE

Soccer | Aug 09, 2020
Guarani vs. Sportivo San Lorenzo
1* Free Pick on Sportivo San Lorenzo +360

R&R TOTALS

R&R Totals FREE MLB Over-Under Sunday 8-9-20

UNDER 7 1/2 Cleveland/Chicago White Sox

MIKEY SPORTS

Mikey Sports FREE NBA play Sunday 8-9-20

New Orleans -3 -106

JUAN CARLOS FLORES

Soccer | Aug 09, 2020
Chapecoense AF vs. Oeste
Recommended Bet: Chapecoense AF +150

BOBBY CONN

MLB | Aug 09, 2020
Diamondbacks vs. Padres
1* Free Play on Padres -147

STEPHEN NOVER

MLB | Aug 09, 2020
Giants vs. Dodgers
Dodgers-1½ -145

The Giants are a surprising 7-9 and coming off a monster upset of the Dodgers on Saturday. Journeyman-type Giants infielder 32-year-old Donovan Solano is leading the majors in batting at .462. It's time for reality to strike the Giants. I see that happening here. The Dodgers have the far superior roster, are home and own a huge pitching edge with Walker Buehler facing Kevin Gausman. Buehler is due to get his first win of the season. He's begun the season slow, but now faces a weak Giants lineup that could be even weaker if some regulars are rested as San Francisco doesn't come close to matching the Dodgers' tremendous hitting depth. If Kevin Gausman is in your rotation then you are a bad team. Gausman gets the start here. He's having a typical Gausman season winless with a 5.27 ERA and 1.39 WHIP. I made the mistake of having Gausman on my Rotisserie team several years ago. I'm still haunted by that dreadful experience. Gausman has never beaten the Dodgers in his career holding a 6.08 ERA in three appearances against them.

Posted : August 9, 2020 10:59 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

BRANDON LEE

MLB | Aug 09, 2020
Yankees vs. Rays
10* FREE MLB PICK (Rays -111)

I think we are getting a great price with Tampa Bay as a small home favorite against the Yankees on Sunday. There's always a premium on New York and I definitely think they are getting a little too much love in this one.

Yankees are going to send out the struggling James Paxton, who has looked lost on the mound in 2020. Paxton has made two starts and has given up 8 runs on 12 hits in 4 innings. He's just not right at the moment.

Charlie Morton will get the call for Tampa Bay. Morton had a rough first outing of 2020, but has gotten better and better with each start. Most recently allowing just 1 run in 5 2/3 innings against the Red Sox.

Morton has a 4.47 ERA in 10 career starts against the Yankees, but that's a bit misleading. He's actually been outstanding against them when he's not starting at Yankee Stadium. In 4 home starts against the Yankees he's allowed just 2 runs on 10 hits in 24 1/3 innings of work. Give me the Rays -111!

STEVE JANUS

Soccer | Aug 09, 2020
Juarez vs. UNAM Pumas
1* Free Sharp Play on UNAM Pumas -104

CALVIN KING

MLB | Aug 09, 2020
Diamondbacks vs. Padres
[1%] Free Play on Diamondbacks +146

Assassin Sports Betting

MLB COLORADO ROCKIES ‑155

Mike Wynn

Free Pick: Tampa Bay w/Morton -115 over NY Yankees

Platinum Plays

Your Free Pick: the Texas Rangers w/Lynn +105 over LA Angels

JACK JONES

MLB | Aug 09, 2020
Indians vs. White Sox
Jack’s Free Pick Sunday: Indians/White Sox UNDER 7.5

Two aces go for Cleveland and Chicago today in what should be a pitcher’s duel. The Indians are 12-1 to the UNDER in their last 13 games overall coming in.

Shane Bieber has been lights out to start 2020. He is 3-0 with a 0.83 ERA and 0.692 WHIP in three starts while allowing just two earned runs in 21 2/3 innings with 35 K’s.

Bieber is 2-2 with a 3.08 ERA in six career starts against Chicago. Lucas Giolito is 2-2 with a 2.56 ERA in five career starts against Cleveland. Bet the UNDER in this game Sunday.

KENNY WALKER

MLB | Aug 09, 2020
Diamondbacks vs. Padres
Diamondbacks+142

ALEX SMART

NBA | Aug 09, 2020
Rockets vs. Kings
Rockets-5

Im expecting a Rockets team that is shooting downtown treys at a crazy 55% inside the bubble to rain 3s down against a Kings team that gives up the fourth-most looks from beyond the arc and has problems securing the ball after all rebound opportunities as is evident by their below average 49.2% conversion rate. Houston has also had problems of working hard to secure rebounds, but they can pick it up and be more diligent, which Im betting they pay attention today. Note:HOUSTON is 7-0 ATS after 3 straight games being out-rebounded by opponent by 5 or more this season.

Play on Houston to cover

TOTALS GURU

MLB | Aug 09, 2020
Astros vs. A's
Free Total Annihilator On Astros vs A's over 8 -105

RICKY TRAN

NBA | Aug 09, 2020
Grizzlies vs. Raptors
Raptors-5½ -110

Key Angle: It's important to remember that Ricky never makes a bet on any game based on just one angle. In order to make the grade, all his premium picks must meet several important criteria. He doesn't share all his secrets within his analysis, instead he chooses to reveal only the angle that he feels is the most significant. Here in this game the recent history of these two teams is particularly significant.

Key Trends:

- The Grizzlies are 1-7 ATS in their last eight road games versus a team with a winning home record.

- The Raptors are 3-0-1 ATS in their last four after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.

- The Grizzlies are 0-6 ATS in the last six meetings.

The verdict: The Raptors look to bounce back from their first loss, while the Grizz suffer a let down off their first win.

NICK BORRMAN

Event: Gary Woodland vs Jim Herman
Sport/League: GLF
Date/Time: August 9, 2020 11AM EDT
Play: Jim Herman (+225)

PGA Championship

Final Round Matchup

TAKE JIM HERMAN OVER GARY WOODLAND (4th Round Play)

CAPPERS ACCESS

MLB Rays
MLB W. Sox
NBA Wizards
NBA Rockets
NHL Capitals
NHL Blues

Posted : August 9, 2020 11:32 am
Share: