Clear all

Free Service Plays For Saturday 8/1/20

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Saturday 8/1/20 thread for free handicapping service plays and expert predictions for MLB, NBA & NHL games.

Posted : August 1, 2020 8:45 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

NATIONAL SPORTS ADVISORS
THE LEGEND!
FREE MLB PICKS
Padres @ Rockies
TIME: 8:10 PM EST
PICK: Rockies +110

VEGASSI
SATURDAY 8/1/2020
FREE MLB PICKS
Dodgers @ Diamondbacks
TIME: 8:10 PM EST
PICK: UNDER 9.5

Mike Wynn

Free Pick: Tampa Bay w/Glasnow -210 over Baltimore

Totals4U

Saturday's Free Selection: San Diego Padres/Colorado Rockies under 12

#1 Sports

Saturday's Free Play: Boston Red Sox + 180

Platinum Plays

Your Free Pick: the Kansas City Royals w/Bolanos +120 over Chicago Wsox

Golden Dragon

FREE WINNER for Saturday

Utah +1'

Huddle Up Sports

Free Play: Arizona Greinke -155

Red Dog Sports
Aug 01 '20, 1:30 PM in 16h
Soccer | Dinamo Minsk vs Neman Grodno
Play on: Draw +217 at jazz

draw +217

Dinamo 1

Neman 1

The free soccer pick takes place in Russia on Saturday. I think we see a 1-1 draw.

Ray Monohan
Aug 01 '20, 10:30 PM in 1d
NHL | Jets vs Flames
Play on: UNDER 5½ +103

Jets vs. Flames UNDER 5.5

Hockey returns on Saturday with Western conference qualifying game 1 action between the Calgary Flames 36-34 (16-17 H) and Winnipeg Jets. 37-34 (17-17 V). The puck drops in this one at 10:30pm ET in Edmonton Alberta Canada. One of two HUB cities for the return of the NHL.

The NHL paused the regular season March 12 due to coronavirus so man does it feel good to see the NHL back in action. The last time these two teams met was on October 26th, 2019 with Winnipeg winning 2-1. Bryan Little scored at 3:04 of overtime to give the Jets the win.

The Jets are 37-28-6, 4th in the Central, and 6th in the West, and in net they'll go with Connor Hellebuyck. A major factor to them even being in these playoffs. Hellebuyck has a 2.64 Career GAA, and is 2.57 in 2019/20. His save % is .922 and he has 6 shutouts this season.

The Flames are 36-27-7, 3rd in the Pacific, and 7th in the West. In net they'll go with David Rittich. He comes into this series with a 2.82 Career GAA, and is 2.97 in 2019/20. His save % is .907 and he has 2 shutouts this season.

Some trends to consider. The Under is 18-6-2 in the Jets' last 26 vs. Pacific, it's also 5-2-2 in the Jets' last 9 games as an underdog, and 9-4-1 in the Jets' last 14 overall.

I'm of the opinion that the offenses will find it to be tough sledding vs. the defenses on Saturday night in this matchup. Hellebuyck and Rittich are more than capable of holding the fort at both ends of the ice.

Play on the UNDER on Saturday.

Good Luck, Razor Ray.

Saturday 5* FREE NHL Play

Posted : August 1, 2020 8:54 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Mitchell Newman

For Saturday's free play I am going to venture to the NBA and look for the mid-afternoon game between the Utah Jazz and the Oklahoma City Thunder to hold Under the total.

This will be OKC's first game of the NBA restart and they did get halted back in March having played 4 of their final 6 games Under the posted total. For the season they have played 22 of their 39 games against teams from the Western Conference Under the posted price.

As for Utah, they opened on Thursday night and were able to come from as many as 16 points down in slipping past the New Orleans Pelicans in a game that needed an extra 5 minutes to decide and yet still held Under the posted total.

Utah is now on a 4-1 Under run for their last 5 games, a trend that I like to continue this afternoon.

Prior to the virus halting the action these Western Conference rivals had tangled twice for the year - both of the meetings landing Under the total. Series numbers show 3 straight and 6 of the last 8 overall meetings between the teams having landed Under the total.

Going to stick with the established trends and call for another Under in the Jazz-Thunder rivalry.

4* UTAH-OKLAHOMA CITY UNDER

Bob Valentino

Second game in "the bubble" for both the Pelicans and the Clippers and both are coming off last second losses on Thursday night in their first games back from the 111 day layoff.

New Orleans is trying to work their way into a play-in game in the Western Conference standings and it sure didn't help that they were up by 12 points at the half and led by as many at 16 points in their overtime loss to the Jazz as the -2 1/2 point favorites.

Los Angeles also held a double-digit lead over the Lakers but were beat late by a bucket in a game they did cover as the underdog.

The Clippers will be playing the role of the favorite tonight and my money will be on the Pelicans to be right there with them come the closing seconds of this game as New Orleans takes it where it counts - against the spread.

I know Alvin Gentry and the front office are limiting the playing time of prized rookie Zion Williamson, but after 13 points in just over 15 minutes played, the playoff-seeking Pels may want to extend Zion's minutes tonight by at least 5 or so!

This will be the third meeting of the year between the teams, with the Clippers the straight up winner in each of the previous 2 meetings - 1-1 against the spread. Do note that Williamson did NOT play in either of the previous meetings this season. While he won't play very many more minutes than he did on Thursday, expect him to dominate while in there.

Liked what I saw from Brandon Ingram in the restart against the Jazz and his potential game-winning three ball in the closing seconds of overtime sure didn't miss by much.

Close one for both teams again tonight.

Grab the points.

2* NEW ORLEANS

Jack Brayman

My complimentary winner for Saturday is on the late MLB card, where I'm going to play a big underdog in the American League East in the Baltimore Orioles catching money against the struggling Tampa Bay Rays.

Tampa Bay's offense has struggled out of the gate, currently sitting 24th in the bigs with a .215 batting average. It's surprising and confusing, because the Rays are tied with the fifth-highest tally of 41 runs.

They're just struggling to close things out, as they've now lost three in a row, leaving Baltimore with the upper hand at home and in a good spot to steal another one.

The O's won 6-3 on Friday after erasing an early 2-0 deficit, and should have some momentum to move ahead of the Rays in the division standing.

Take the home dog price here.

2* ORIOLES

Chris Jordan

Well, the New York Mets did me dirty. Tonight, I'm on the other side and laying the small number with the Atlanta Braves for your complimentary winner.

This momentum play finds the Braves suddenly streaking with three straight wins, while the Mets have lost three in a row.

And because of how Atlanta won last night's game, I think it will carry a wealth of momentum into this game. Travis d'Arnaud drove in five runs, including three with a bases-loaded double to cap a five-run eighth, as the Braves seemed destined to win after overcoming deficits of 8-2 and 10-5.

Ronald Acuna Jr. was hitting a meager .138 with 15 strikeouts in 29 at-bats before he doubled to center field in the second inning last night, and I think that could be a sign he is going to enjoy a breakout weekend to get on track for the abbreviated season. Acuna, who had three more strikeouts last night, has not driven in a run this season. Look for him to have a big night at the plate.

Momentum play here, as the Braves keep streaking.

5* BRAVES

Stephen DeAngelo

Helluva comeback by the Braves on Friday, who rallied from a 10-5 deficit to stun the Mets 11-10. That’s now 10 out of 15 complimentary winners, including two in a row. For Saturday’s freebie, it’s back to baseball as we’ll play the Dodgers on the run-line (-1½ runs) against Arizona.

Arizona scored four times in the eighth inning Friday night to steal a 5-3 victory in the second game of this four-game series. Despite that come-from-behind win, the DBacks enter tonight with a 3-5 record, while Los Angeles is 5-3. The Dodgers have covered the run line in all five of their wins (including a 4-2, 13-inning triumph in Houston on Wednesday); conversely, not only has Arizona failed to cover the run line in any of their five defeats, but each has been by a minimum of three runs!

The DBacks’ biggest problem? They need a road map to figure out how to circle the bases, having produced just 25 runs in eight games while batting under .200 as a team. And prior to its four-run, eighth-inning outburst Friday, Arizona had yet to score more than four runs in any game this season.

Look for the Snakes’ offensive struggles to continue tonight against Dodgers southpaw Julio Urias. The young phenom who made his first big-league start at age 19 but missed most of 2017 and all of 2018 after Tommy John surgery, had a strong 2020 debut Sunday. He held the Giants to a run on five hits and three walks over five innings, but didn’t get any run support in a 3-1 loss.

Unlike Friday when the offense was held in check, I don’t expect runs to be an issue for LA tonight. That’s because Arizona right-hander Luke Weaver isn’t exactly the second coming of Max Scherzer. In his debut Monday, Weaver got torched for six runs on seven hits in 3 1/3 innings in San Diego, losing 6-2. And in his only career start against the Dodgers — in the opening series of the 2019 season last March — Weaver got tagged for five runs on six hits in 4 1/3 innings, with the DBacks falling 8-7 in LA.

Bottom line here is there’s a major class difference between these squads, and that will be evident once again tonight as the Dodgers — who have covered the run line in 15 of their last 17 victories dating to Sept. 2, 2019 — cruise to another multi-run victory.

3* LA DODGERS (-1' runs)

Cappers Access

MLB (Sat) Padres -120
MLB (Sat) Cubs -165
NBA (Sat) Nuggets +1-
NBA (Sat) Raptors +4
NHL (Sat) Oilers -150
NHL (Sat) Jets +

Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR SATURDAY: CINCINNATI (Bauer) -160 over Detroit

Roz Wins

Roz's SATURDAY, AUGUST 1, 2020 Free Pick
NBA
725. LA Lakers -4 (5:30 pm PT / 8:30 pm ET)

Atlantic Sports

Saturday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: Chicago Cubs - 165

Sharp Bettor

SharpBettor FREE Play Saturday, August 1, 2020
MLB
Take: (962) Twins -1.25 (4:10 pm PT / 7:10 pm ET)

Easy Money Sports

Lee's Free Early Saturday Selection Is

DENVER -1½

Nevada Sharpshooter

Your free winner for Saturday : UTAH/OKLAHOMA CITY OVER the total of 216½

Hawkeye Sports

Saturday's Free Pick: Los Angeles Dodgers - 140

Posted : August 1, 2020 11:17 am
Share: