Clear all

MLB Betting News and Trends For Saturday 10/13/18

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Betting news, trends, odds and predictions from various handicappers and websites for Saturday 10/13/18

Posted : October 13, 2018 8:53 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox Preview and Predictions 10-13-2018 in MLB

Oct 13th, 2018 08:09 PM EDT

The Boston Red Sox finished with the best record in baseball during the regular season while the Houston Astros had the best run differential. The two juggernauts will square off to decide which team gets to represent the American League in the World Series when the Red Sox host the Astros on Saturday in Game 1 of the best-of-seven AL Championship Series.

Boston won a franchise-record 108 games during the regular season and dispatched the rival New York Yankees in four games in the AL Division Series, setting up a showdown with the defending World Series champions. "Knowing that they're a great team, we have a great team, too," Red Sox right fielder Mookie Betts told reporters. "It's going to be a fun battle. So, I think we just -- you have to embrace it. There's no sense in making it more than what it is." Houston, which knocked off Boston in the ALDS last October during its run to the title and swept aside the Cleveland Indians to begin its 2018 playoff run, isn't worried at all about not having homefield advantage in the series. "It's kind of how we are," Astros manager AJ Hinch told reporters. "I don't remember the last game that there was any sort of nerves or timidness. Certainly no fear. I think we feel prepared. We feel talented. We feel like we've got options. We've got different guys that can step up and do well. We have a nice little vibe about us, and it's grown over the year."

TV: 8:09 p.m. ET, TBS

PITCHING MATCHUP: Astros RH Justin Verlander (1-0, 3.38 ERA) vs. Red Sox LH Chris Sale (1-0, 2.84)

Verlander got the nod in Game 1 of the ALDS against Cleveland and held the Indians hitless through the first five frames before allowing two runs to come away with a win. The former AL MVP earned a pair of wins against Boston during the 2017 ALDS, including a victory out of the bullpen in the clinching Game 4 at Fenway Park. "I've always enjoyed the moment," Verlander told reporters after beating Cleveland. "I think it's something that you don't take for granted. You work so hard for so long, all year long. ... You just want to go out there and succeed."

Sale struck out eight over 5 1/3 innings to earn a win in Game 1 of the ALDS and tossed a perfect frame in relief during the clinching Game 4. The Florida native was not as sharp against the Astros last October, when he was twice beaten by Verlander and ended up allowing a total of nine runs on 13 hits - four homers - in 9 2/3 innings. "They have a good lineup. They wouldn't be here if they didn't," Sale told reporters of Houston. "They've got guys who can put the ball in the seats at any time and you just try to break that down, try not to give up that big inning or that big hit."

WALK-OFFS

1. The Red Sox will decide Saturday morning whether to keep 1B Mitch Moreland (hamstring) on the roster or add a pitcher.

2. Astros OF George Springer homered seven times in his last nine postseason games, including three in the ALDS.

3. Boston manager Alex Cora served as the bench coach for Houston in 2017.

PREDICTION: Red Sox 4, Astros 3

Posted : October 13, 2018 8:58 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Milwaukee Brewers Preview and Predictions 10-13-2018 in MLB

Oct 13th, 2018 04:09 PM EDT

The Milwaukee Brewers look to stretch their winning streak to 13 games as well as taking a 2-0 lead when they host the Los Angeles Dodgers on Saturday in Game 2 of the National League Championship Series. Milwaukee knocked Dodgers ace Clayton Kershaw out of the contest in the fourth inning Friday en route to a 6-5 series-opening triumph.

Pitcher Brandon Woodruff and first baseman Jesus Aguilar hit homers to help the Brewers build a five-run lead before they held on as Los Angeles scored four runs over the final two innings. "Our playoffs started three weeks ago," right fielder Ryan Braun said during a postgame television interview. "We approached every game like it was a must-win for us. ... We found ourselves in a lot of situations where we found ways to win. Our expectation now is to win every night." Los Angeles manager Dave Roberts bemoaned his team's four errors - catcher Yasmani Grandal made two along with two passed balls - but said he feels his squad can bring some momentum into Game 2 based on the late-game charge. "For us to have the tying run at third base (in the ninth inning), we did some good things," Roberts said in his postgame press conference. "So yeah, the goal is to win a baseball game, but I think that it shows the (competition level) in our guys."

TV: 4:09 p.m. ET, FOX

PITCHING MATCHUP: Dodgers LH Hyun-Jin Ryu (1-0, 0.00 ERA) vs. Brewers LH Wade Miley (0-0, 0.00)

Ryu was superb in a NL Division Series outing against Atlanta by tossing seven innings of four-hit shutout ball in a 6-0 victory. It continued a strong run for the 31-year-old from South Korea, who has allowed one run in 26 innings while winning his last four outings. "I'm really focused on making sure that the team wins, and in order to do that, I have to put the team in a position where we can win," Ryu said at his Friday press conference. "So my personal record, whether I get that win or not is not necessarily a priority or a thought right now."

Miley received a no-decision in an NLDS start against the Colorado Rockies when he allowed three hits over 4 2/3 shutout innings. The 31-year-old is a key cog now but his future with the team was in doubt when he tore his left groin in spring training one day before a deadline for the Brewers to reveal whether he would make the Opening Day roster. "We had a small conversation immediately after it happened, so I really wasn't worried about having to go anywhere else," Miley told reporters at his Friday press conference, referencing a conversation with general manager David Stearns. "It's just an exciting time now. You look back seven months later, and you have a chance to play in the NLCS and a chance to go to the World Series."

WALK-OFFS

1. Brewers CF Lorenzo Cain went 3-for-5 in the opener after going 1-for-12 in the NLDS against the Rockies.

2. Los Angeles SS Manny Machado homered and drove in three runs Friday and has three blasts and nine RBIs in five postseason games.

3. Milwaukee LHP Josh Hader threw 46 pitches while tossing three shutout innings and manager Craig Counsell said afterward that he won't be available in Game 2.

PREDICTION: Dodgers 8, Brewers 6

Posted : October 13, 2018 9:01 am
Share: