Clear all

MLB Betting News and Trends For Saturday 10/6/18

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Betting news, trends, odds and predictions from various handicappers and websites for Saturday 10/6/18

Posted : October 6, 2018 8:46 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Cleveland Indians vs. Houston Astros Preview and Predictions 10-06-2018 in MLB

The Houston Astros look to match the power they displayed in the opener and sweep the first two matchups of the American League Division Series when they host the Cleveland Indians for Game 2 on Saturday afternoon. Houston, which went deep 27 times on the way to the 2017 World Series title, belted four solo homers in Friday's 7-2 victory in Game 1 while limiting a dangerous Cleveland lineup to three hits.

George Springer hit one of the four blasts Friday to become the third player in major league history to go deep in five consecutive postseason games, joining former Astros star Carlos Beltran (five, 2004) and Daniel Murphy of the New York Mets (six, 2015). "It's huge," Springer told reporters of the series-opening win. "For us to come back (Saturday) up one, it makes it easier on us to go out and kind of attack them the way we want to play and have some fun." Carlos Carrasco, who went 1-1 with 5.40 ERA and 14 strikeouts over 13 1/3 innings against Houston this year, will try to cool off the Astros' bats while facing fellow right-hander Gerrit Cole, who has not lost since Aug. 10. The Indians got two of their three hits in the sixth inning Friday as Yan Gomes, along with Francisco Lindor, delivered singles and Jose Ramirez recorded an RBI groundout to close the gap to 4-2.

TV: 4:37 p.m. ET, TBS

PITCHING MATCHUP: Indians RH Carlos Carrasco (17-10, 3.38 ERA) vs. Astros RH Gerrit Cole (15-5, 2.81)

Carrasco had lost three straight decisions in September before limiting Kansas City to one run on three hits and two walks over five innings to earn the victory last Sunday. The 31-year-old Venezuelan, who has 35 wins in his last two seasons, held the New York Yankees to three hits over 5 2/3 scoreless innings in his lone postseason outing last fall. Josh Reddick is 6-for-12 with a homer versus Carrasco, who is 8-6 with a 2.96 ERA and a .222 batting average against on the road this year.

Cole won his last five decisions of the regular season across eight starts while striking out 69 over 46 2/3 innings during that stretch. The 28-year-old UCLA product, who held opponents to a .198 batting average and struck out a career-high 276 this year, was 8-2 at home in 2018 and permitted three runs over seven innings in a no-decision at Cleveland in late May. Yonder Alonso is 3-for-8 versus Cole, who was 1-2 with a 3.94 ERA in three postseason starts in 2015 and 2013 while he was with Pittsburgh.

WALK-OFFS

1. Cleveland All-Star LF Michael Brantley, who ended the regular season with a nine-game hitting streak, singled in the ninth inning of Game 1.

2. Houston 3B Alex Bregman, who led the team with 31 homers and 103 RBIs in the regular season, went deep and knocked in two runs in Game 1.

3. The Indians have lost four straight playoff games - all on the road - since taking the first two contests of the ALDS against the New York Yankees in 2017.

PREDICTION: Indians 5, Astros 3

Posted : October 6, 2018 8:48 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox Preview and Predictions 10-06-2018 in MLB

All the pressure is on David Price as the Boston Red Sox attempt to take a 2-0 lead over the visiting New York Yankees on Saturday in the best-of-five American League Division Series. The left-hander has a dreadful 0-8 record in nine career postseason starts and was a porous 0-3 with a 10.34 ERA in four starts against the Yankees this season.

The 33-year-old Price insists Saturday is just another game and he isn't fixated on finally notching a postseason win as a starter. "If I lose the entire playoffs and we win a World Series, I'll take that," Price said during his press conference. "That's what I'm here for. I don't want this to be about me and me not winning. I want to go out there (Saturday) and throw the ball well, and help the Red Sox win." J.D. Martinez hit a three-run homer - his fourth career postseason blast - in the first inning of Boston's 5-4 win in Game 1 while Aaron Judge went deep as New York fought back from a five-run deficit. "I think as much as it's tough any time you lose a game in the postseason, I think we can take away from this game that we kind of hung around, we battled," Yankees manager Aaron Boone said afterward. "I like the way we continued to compete and give ourselves a chance."

TV: 8:15 p.m. ET, TBS

PITCHING MATCHUP: Yankees RH Masahiro Tanaka (12-6, 3.75 ERA) vs. Red Sox LH David Price (16-7, 3.58)

Tanaka allowed eight earned runs over eight innings in his last two starts after giving up just one across 21 innings during a three-start winning streak, and the sequence speaks to his inconsistent nature. "I think it's aggressiveness," the 29-year-old from Japan said through a translator during his press conference. "I think when I'm on my game, when I'm doing well out there, I think I feel like I'm being able to really focus on the matchup and being aggressive." Tanaka was 1-0 with a 7.58 ERA in four starts against Boston this season and stands 8-4 with a 4.35 ERA in 18 career outings versus the Red Sox.

Price has picked up two postseason victories as a reliever and owns a 5.03 ERA in 17 overall appearances. He put forth a stellar effort in last year's ALDS when he blanked the Houston Astros on five hits over 6 2/3 innings without getting a decision in two outings. Price is 15-14 with a 4.90 ERA in 42 career appearances (41 starts) against the Yankees and has been routinely torched by Gary Sanchez, who is 6-for-13 with five homers and 11 RBIs against him.

WALK-OFFS

1. Yankees CF Aaron Hicks (hamstring) departed in the fourth inning and is slated to undergo an MRI exam on Saturday, according to Boone.

2. Boston LF Andrew Benintendi went 2-for-4 with two runs scored in Game 1.

3. New York DH Giancarlo Stanton struck out four times while going 1-for-5 in the opener.

PREDICTION: Yankees 7, Red Sox 5

Posted : October 6, 2018 8:50 am
Share: