Clear all

Free MLB, WNBA & CFL Service Plays For Monday 8/13/18

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Monday 8/13/18 thread for free handicapping service plays and expert predictions for MLB, WNBA and CFL games.

Posted : August 13, 2018 7:05 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Info Plays
Aug 13 '18, 8:10 PM in 9h
MLB | Nationals vs Cardinals
Play on: Cardinals -135

Jack Jones
Aug 13 '18, 7:10 PM in 8h
MLB | Indians vs Reds
Play on: Indians -1½ -105 at 5Dimes

Jack’s Free Pick Monday: Cleveland Indians -1.5 (-105)

The Cleveland Indians are 9-3 in their last 12 games overall. They should have no problem beating the Cincinnati Reds by two runs or more tonight thanks to their huge advantage on the mound in this one.

Mike Clevinger is 7-7 with a 3.37 ERA and 1.200 WHIP in 23 starts this season, including 4-4 with a 2.69 ERA and 1.166 WHIP in 11 road starts. He has been a hard-luck starter with poor run support this season, which is why he doesn’t have more wins. But he should get plenty of support tonight.

Homer Bailey has been one of the worst starters in baseball this season. He is 1-9 with a 6.19 ERA and 1.587 WHIP in 15 starts, including 0-5 with a 6.44 ERA and 1.661 WHIP in eight home starts. Bailey is also 3-3 with a 5.44 ERA and 1.428 WHIP in eight career starts against Cleveland.

The Reds are 1-14 in Bailey’s 15 starts this season, losing by 2.3 runs per game on average. Cincinnati is 2-15 in Bailey’s last 17 home starts, losing by 3.1 runs per game on average. That includes an 0-8 record in his eight home starts this year. Cleveland is 7-0 in its last seven games vs. a right-handed starter. Bet the Indians on the Run Line Monday.

Marc Lawrence
Aug 13 '18, 10:05 PM in 11h
MLB | Mariners vs A's
Play on: Mariners +124 at betonline

Play - Seattle Mariners w/Gonzales vs Manaea (Game 911).

Edges - Mariners: Gonzales 5-2 wiht 3.30 ERA and 1.04 WHIP last seven team-starts; and 8-2 vs AL West foes this season … Athletics: Manaea 4-10 team-start at night as opposed to 10-0 during the day this season. With that we recommend a 1* play on Seattle. Thank you and good luck as always.

Larry Ness
Aug 13 '18, 10:05 PM in 11h
MLB | Mariners vs A's
Play on: A's -123 at BetPhoenix

My free play is on the Oak A's at 10:05 ET. The Seattle Mariners made a HUGE statement by sweeping a four-game series against the division-leading Houston Astros from Thursday through Sunday. They are now 69-50 and just four games back of the 73-46 Astros and 1 1/2 back of the 70-58 A's for the AL's second wild card spot. However, there is no rest for the weary, as Seattle gets set to visit the Oakland A's on Monday for the opener of a three-game series. Oakland enters the series having won nine of its last 11, not to mention having going an impressive 36-12 since mid-June.

The surprising Marco Gonzales (12-7, 3.79 ERA) takes the mound for Seattle, looking to snap out of a slump that has seen him suffer the loss in each of his last two outings. He has been ripped for 11 runs on 19 hits over 12 innings in losses to Toronto and Texas. However, that 'ugly' two-game stretch has come on the heels of Gonzales winning five consecutive starts from June 29 through July 29. Gonzales is 1-0 with a 2.51 ERA in three games (two starts) against Oakland in his career (Seattle is 2-0 in his starts vs the A's).

Lefty LH Sean Manaea (10-8, 3.50 ERA) goes for the A's and is coming off a start in which he last just 2 2/3 innings against the LA Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday, allowing three runs on five hits with three walks in a 4-2 loss. and thon five hits and three walk. That said, Manaea did manage to keep alive his streak of 12 straight starts with three or fewer ERs allowed (The A's are 8-4 in that stetch). Manaea is 1-1 in two starts against Seattle (3.46 ERA) this season, giving him a career 4-4 record with a 4.12 ERA in nine career starts against the Mariners.

I see this as a very tough spot for Seattle, as a let down off a four-game sweep of the defending champs could hardly be seen as a surprise. All of a sudden, Gonzlaes has lost some of his 'magic' in his last two outings (8.25 ERA) and I just noted that Manaea enters on a 12-start run of allowing three or less ERs. Oakland's been on an eight-week surge and I won't buck them here. Play the A's.

John Martin
Aug 13 '18, 10:10 PM in 11h
MLB | Angels vs Padres
Play on: Angels -118 at BMaker

1 Unit FREE PLAY on Los Angeles Angels -118

There’s no doubt that backing the Los Angeles Angels tonight means we’re backing the better starter in this matchup with the San Diego Padres. Andrew Heaney is 7-7 with a 4.03 ERA and 1.16 WHIP in 21 starts this year for the Angels. Clayton Richard is 7-10 with a 5.13 ERA and 1.37 WHIP in 24 starts for the Padres, including 0-1 with a 7.80 ERA and 1.60 WHIP in his last three outings. The Angels are 14-1 in their last 15 games vs. an NL team with an on base percentage of .315 or worse in the second half of the season. The Angels are 5-1 in Heaney’s last six starts. The Padres are 16-35 in their last 51 games overall. San Diego is 5-17 in its last 22 home games. The Padres are 0-5 in Richard’s last five interleague starts. Give me the Angels.

Posted : August 13, 2018 10:25 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Stephen Nover
Aug 13 '18, 7:10 PM in 8h
MLB | CLE vs CIN
Play on: OVER 9 +105

I think I figured out why Homer Bailey remains in the Reds starting rotation despite being one of the worst pitchers in the major leagues. It's because he has a $105 million dollar contract. I'm not going to lay this big of a road price with the Indians and Mike Clevinger, but I do see a way to fade Bailey and that's go Over the total. The Indians, after all, may reach this total just by themselves. Cleveland ranks No. 3 in the majors in runs and homers. The Indians lose their DH, but Great American Ball Park is one of the best hitting stadiums in the league. There isn't much wind, but the weather forecast calls for a clear night with high humidity. That's conducive for hitters. Bailey is 0-5 with a 6.44 ERA at home this season. His ERA was 6.43 last year. It was 6.65 two seasons ago and 5.56 in 2015. You would think the Reds just would eat Bailey's contract. Homer Simpson could pitch better than Homer Bailey. Clevinger has a 4.12 ERA in night games. He has a 7.15 ERA in two career starts against the Reds the last of which came on July 9 in a 7-5 Cincinnati victory. The Reds have scored at least four runs in 11 of their last 16 games.

Mike Lundin
Aug 13 '18, 8:15 PM in 9h
MLB | Blue Jays vs Royals
Play on: Blue Jays -118 at betonline

#MLB FREE PICK FROM MIKE LUNDIN

The Kansas City Royals have more or less given up on the season already and they enter Monday as losers of nine of their last 10. This looks like as good of a spot as any for Toronto to give 22 year old right-hander Sean Reid-Foley his big leagues debut.

Reid-Foley has been rather dominant in the minors, going a combined 12-4 with a 2.98 ERA in 23 starts for Double-A New Hampshire and Buffalo and I think he'll make the most of his chance to play with the big boys.

The Blue Jays scored a total of 31 runs in a 3-0 sweep against the Royals back in April and KC righty Brad Keller (4-5, 3.57 ERA) was tagged with one run on four hits in 0 2/3 innings out of the bullpen.

Keller is 3-4 with a 4.09 ERA in 12 turns since becoming a starter in late May, but Royals are just 4-8 on those games and he has given up six runs on 12 hits with six walks in 12 1/3 innings in his last two starts, both Royals losses.

KC is a pathetic 16-42 at home, Blue Jays are 19-7 in their last 26 games vs. a team with a winning % below .400.

Free pick on Toronto Blue Jays.

Jim Feist

Jim Feist's Comp Pick, Monday, August 13, 2018

MLB (903) WASHINGTON NATIONALS VS (904) ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Take: (904) ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Mike Wynn

Free Play: Free LA Angels/San Diego Game Over 8 Runs

Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR MONDAY: Take SEATTLE/OAKLAND UNDER the total of 8 runs

Posted : August 13, 2018 10:31 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Totals4U

Monday's Free Selection: Toronto/Kansas City under 9

Jeff Allen Sports

Monday's Free Selection is on the Arizona DBacks

#1 Sports

Monday's Free Selection: Arizona Diamondbacks - 165

Platinum Plays

Free Pick the Kansas City Royals w/Keller +110 over Toronto

Easy Money Sports

Lee's Free Monday Selection Is
Cleveland/Cincinnati UNDER 9 RUNS -115

Posted : August 13, 2018 10:34 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Golden Dragon Sports

FREE WINNER for MONDAY: San Francisco/LA Dodgers UNDER the total of 7 runs

Hawkeye Sports

Monday's Free Pick: Cleveland Indians - 160

Arthur Ralph Sports

FREE play: MON Arizona w/ Greinke-165

The Vegas Steam Line

Your free winner for Monday: Take ARIZONA/TEXAS UNDER the total of 10 runs

Atlantic Sports

Monday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: Arizona - 170

Posted : August 13, 2018 10:39 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Huddle Up Sports

Monday Free Play: Kansas City Keller +110

High Stakes Syndicate

Free Selection for Monday: San Francisco Giants + 185

John Anthony Sports

Monday's Free Selection: Cleveland Indians - 175

Nevada Sharpshooter

Your free winner for Monday: Take ARIZONA (Greinke) -165 over Texas

Sharp Bettor
SharpBettor FREE Play for Monday, August 13, 2018

8/13 04:10 PM MLB (907) CHICAGO WHITE SOX (R LOPEZ - R) VS (908) DETROIT TIGERS (A LEWICKI - R)

Take : Tigers

Posted : August 13, 2018 12:06 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Roz Wins

Roz's Monday August 13, 2018, Free Pick

8/13 07:10 PM MLB (917) LOS ANGELES ANGELS (A HEANEY - L) VS (918) SAN DIEGO PADRES (C RICHARD - L)

Take : Padres

Jimmy Boyd
Aug 13 '18, 7:05 PM in 6h
MLB | Mets vs Yankees
Play on: Mets +170 at MyBookie

1* Free Pick on New York Mets +170

I can't pass up on the Mets at this price with Jacob deGrom on the mound. There's been plenty of talk about how unlucky deGrom has been this season. The guy has a 6-7 record, despite a league-best 1.77 ERA and 0.965 WHIP. He's totaled a whopping 3 runs in his last 15 starts and has recorded a Quality Start in all 15 of those outings. Still, there's no way New York should be this big of a dog with him starting.

One of the reasons the Yankees are getting so much love here is they have their ace going as well in Luis Severin. While Severino has been outstanding this season at 15-5 with a 3.11 ERA and 1.104 WHIP, he comes into this game struggling. In his last 3 starts, Severino has posted a 6.88 ERA and 1.529 WHIP. A stretch in which he's allowed 13 runs on 22 hits in 17 innings.

New York's offense isn't great, but have been swinging the bats much better of late. The Mets are average 4.6 runs/game and hitting .252 as a team. That's well above their season averages of 3.9 runs/game and a .229 batting average. I think they do just enough here to get deGrom a rare win against one of their biggest rivals. Take the Mets!

Rocky Atkinson
Aug 13 '18, 10:10 PM in 10h
MLB | Angels vs Padres
Play on: Angels -118 at YouWager

Rocketman Sports FREE MLB play Monday 8-13-18 LA Angels @ San Diego 10:10 PM EST
Play On: LA Angels -118 The Los Angeles Angels travel to San Diego to take on the Padres on Monday night. The LA Angels are 59-60 SU overall this year while San Diego comes in with a 48-72 SU overall this season. Clayton Richard is 7-10 with a 5.13 ERA overall this year and 0-1 with a 7.80 ERA his last 3 starts. Richard has more walks (7) than strike outs (5) in his last 3 starts. LA Angels are allowing only 4.3 runs per game overall this year, 4.2 runs per game on the road this season, 4.1 runs per game past 7 games overall, 4.2 runs per game on grass, 4.3 runs per game at night and 3.8 runs per game in inter-league play this season. San Diego is scoring only 3.9 runs per game overall this year, 3.9 runs per game at home this season, 3.7 runs per game against left handed starters, 3.9 runs per game on grass, 3.7 runs per game at night and 2.4 runs per game in inter-league play this season. We'll recommend a small play on LA Angels tonight! Thanks and good luck, Rocky Rocketman is passing on Monday! Check back Tuesday! Rocketman is documented hitting 65% the past 188 days with all picks in all sports! 1-0 in NFL preseason this year! 19-5 MLB run!

Dave Price
Aug 13 '18, 10:05 PM in 9h
MLB | Mariners vs A's
Play on: A's -118 at BMaker

Dave’s Monday Free Play:

1* on Oakland A’s -118

The Key: This is a tough spot for the Seattle Mariners. They are coming off a shocking 4-game sweep in Houston in which closer Edwin Diaz saved all 4 games. He is sure to not be available tonight, and I’m expecting them to be trailing anyway. It’s also a letdown spot after sweeping the defending champs. I like what the A’s are doing as they’ve gone 36-15 in their last 51 games overall to not only make the wild card, but also to put themselves in position to win the AL West. The A’s are 15-3 in their last 18 home games. They have the superior starter tonight in Sean Manaea, who is 10-8 with a 3.50 ERA and 1.05 WHIP in 24 starts this year. Marco Gonzalez has been toughed up for the Mariners in his last 2 starts, yielding 11 earned runs and 4 homers in 12 innings against Texas and Toronto. Take Oakland.

Ross Benjamin
Aug 13 '18, 10:10 PM in 10h
MLB | Giants vs Dodgers
Play on: Dodgers -1½ +105 at 5Dimes

Giants (Bumgarner) @ Dodgers (Kershaw) 10:10 PM ET

Game# 905-906

Play On: Dodgers -1.5 (+105)

The Dodgers are coming off yesterday’s 4-3 division loss at Colorado and they did so as a sizable money line favorite of -190. That defeat dropped their season record to 64-55 (.538). San Francisco is 59-60 in 2018. The combination of this statistical data sets up an extremely profitable MLB run line betting angle which is detailed below.

Any run line favorite of +135 to -190 (Dodgers) that’s coming off a division loss as a money line favorite of -150 or more, and they possess a win percentage of .510 to .540, versus an opponent (Giants) with a losing record, resulted in those run line favorites going 34-9 (79.1%) since 1997. Those 43 run line favorites outscored their opponents by a decisive 3.1 runs per game. Bet the Dodgers as a run line favorite for my Monday 8/13 MLB free pick of the day.

Posted : August 13, 2018 12:11 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Dustin Hawkins
Aug 13 '18, 8:05 PM in 7h
MLB | Diamondbacks vs Rangers
Play on: Diamondbacks -157

Brandon Lee
Aug 13 '18, 7:10 PM in 7h
MLB | Indians vs Reds
Play on: Indians -1½ -109 at 5Dimes

10* FREE MLB PICK (Indians -1.5, -109)

I'll gladly take my chances here with the Indians on the -1.5 run line in Monday's series opener against the Reds. Cleveland has a commanding 12-game lead in the AL Central and have shown no signs of slowing down. With Sunday's 9-7 win over the Rangers, the Indians have now won 9 of their last 12. While Cincinnati just took 2 of 3 at home against the Diamondbacks, they are just 4-8 in their last 12. All signs point to a lopsided win for Cleveland with Mike Clevinger squaring off against Homer Bailey. Clevinger has a solid 3.37 ERA in 23 starts and a 2.69 ERA in 11 outings on the road. Bailey is 1-9 with a 6.19 ERA in 15 starts overall and 0-5 with a 6.44 ERA in 8 starts at home. In his most recent outing, he gave up 5 runs on 11 hits in 3 1/3 innings and proceeded to blame the scouting report for his poor performance. Making excuses is not the sign of a confident pitcher and I expect another poor outing in this one. Give me the Indians -1.5 (-109)

Tommy Brunson

My free play for Monday will be the Jays and Royals to continue to struggle at the dish, as this series opener lands Under the total.

Sean Reid-Foley is set to make his Major League debut after tearing it up in the minor leagues, and with Kansas City having been held to 3 runs or less in 3 straight and 5 of their last 6 games, I will look for the youngster to enjoy success in his first call to the rubber.

Toronto is fresh off just 3 runs total in 3 games against Tampa Bay, all 3 of the games Under the total, and they will get a look at Brad Keller who has gone a respectable 2-1 with a 3.50 ERA in his home starts this season.

This will be the first meeting between the teams in Kansas City this season, and all 3 of the meetings last year at Kauffman did indeed hold Under the total.

Offenses stay cold at the plate tonight.

Jays-Royals Under.

3* TORONTO-KANSAS CITY UNDER

Chris Jordan

My free play for Monday is on the Atlanta Braves run line, in the first of two games against the Miami Marlins. In this game I am looking to Touki Toussaint, who is being promoted to make his Major League debut.

At press time, the Marlins are sending young Pablo Lopez to the hill, but he is irrelevant.

MAKE NOTE: All Run Line/Total plays automatically list pitchers with the starters who are scheduled to go at the time of the wager. But with this game I am not concerned with who goes for the Marlins, yet I do want you to be sure your ticket includes Atlanta starter Toussaint. That being said, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to be sure you have action even if Miami's starter is scratched, by re-wagering the game if that takes place. If Toussaint doesn't go - this is a no-play.

Ranked as MLB Pipeline’s 76th-best prospect, the focus is on Toussaint, who boasts a 2.10 ERA over his past 12 starts. This kid earned a spot in the Futures Game, in which he pitched an inning and struck out a batter.

The right-hander features a plus curveball that he has recently commanded more consistently, and isn't afraid to throw anywhere in the count. In this doubleheader lid-lifter, I think he will show plenty of confidence and will handcuff the Marlins.

4* BRAVES RUN LINE

Jeff Benton

Your Monday freebie is the Mets and Yankees to land just Over the posted price.

Yes, I said Over!

The Mets come into this make-up game at Yankee Stadium on a 4-2-1 Over roll their last 7 games, while the Yankees are 3-1-1 Over their last 5 games played.

No question Jacob de Grom and Luis Severino are the "aces" of their respective teams, but Sevrino's numbers as we head down the stretch tell me that a big inning is more than possible tonight in the Bronx.

Sevy has allowed 3 runs or more in each of his last 6 starts, and the Over when he pitches is 6-1 the last 7 times he has trotted to the mound.

The last two times these cross-town rivals have played, we have seen the runs add up to Overs, so let's make it 3 in a row over as the Mets and Yankees conclude this year's Subway Series with a game that lands Over the posted price.

2* N.Y. METS-N.Y. YANKEES OVER

Posted : August 13, 2018 12:15 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Picks 2 Play

MLB NEW YORK YANKEES ‑180

Pinnacle Sports Picks

MLB ATLANTA BRAVES (GAME 2) ‑230

Power Play Wins

MLB LOS ANGELES DODGERS ‑1.5

R and R Totals

MLB ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS/TEXAS RANGERS ‑115 o10

Rocketman Sports

MLB LOS ANGELES ANGELS ‑120

Posted : August 13, 2018 1:06 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Team Underground

MLB CLEVELAND INDIANS ‑175

Tommy King Wins

MLB ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS ‑135

Total Winner Sports

MLB ATLANTA BRAVES (GAME 2) ‑230

Tys Terrific Tips

MLB LOS ANGELES ANGELS ‑115

Vegas Consultants

MLB KANSAS CITY ROYALS +110

Posted : August 13, 2018 1:08 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Wise Guy Insider

MLB NEW YORK YANKEES ‑180

MIT Simulator

MLB Mon Free Pick

Seattle vs. Oakland, 08/13/2018 22:05 EDT

Money Line: +125 Seattle

Sportsbook:
TopBet

MIT Simulator Monday Free Pick: Seattle +125: The Mariners got a big win at Houston yesterday and are now 4-0 their last 4 games. They were a dog in all 4 games and are a dog again here. Seattle continues to get little respect from the betting markets and yet continues to show value as an underdog. Oakland has been hot too but southpaw starter Manaea has given up 19 hits in 13.2 innings in his last 3 starts. Seattle got to him for 4 earned runs in 4 innings in their most recent look at him this season. Overall the A's are 1-2 in Manaea's last 3 starts. The Mariners are a superb 10-4 in the last 14 starts that southpaw pitcher Gonzales has made for them. Oakland entered Sunday 20-27 in divisional games this season while Seattle, with yesterday's win, is now 27-22 in divisional games. The plus money on the money line (the underdog) is where the value is here per the simulation forecast from MIT.

Tony Brown

Tonys *5 Mlb free pick

LA Angels vs. San Diego, 08/13/2018 22:10 EDT

Total: -110/+8 Under

Sportsbook:
Bookmaker

Fp: can’t win if you can’t score and the padres are at the bottom of the league in both wins and runs scored. Angels still banged up coming into this game 9 runs to beat us will be a chore making the under my mlb top pick !

Elite Sports Picks

MLB Padres over 8

The Sports Consensus

MLB Giants under 7

Top Rank Sports Picks

MLB Indians -1.5 -115

Posted : August 13, 2018 1:10 pm
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

National Sports Service

MLB Nats under 8.5