Clear all

Free WNBA, MLB & CFL Service Plays For Thursday 6/14/18

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Thursday 6/14/18 thread for free handicapping service plays and expert predictions for Wednesday’s WNBA, MLB and CFL games.

Posted : June 14, 2018 8:01 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Info Plays
Jun 14 '18, 2:10 PM
MLB | Indians vs White Sox
Play on: White Sox +130

1* Free Play on White Sox +130

Jimmy Boyd
Jun 14 '18, 1:10 PM
MLB | Twins vs Tigers
Play on: Tigers +112

Free Pick on Tigers +112

I like the value here with the Tigers at basically a pick'em at home against the Twins on Thursday. For me this one comes down to starting pitching. Detroit will turn it over to Michael Fulmer, who is coming off one of his best outings of 2018.

Fulmer allowed just 1 run on 5 hits with no walks in 7 innings at home against the Indians. We know Fulmer has the stuff to be a top tier pitcher and just like hitters, pitchers get hot. I look for him to keep it going with another strong outing in this one.

Minnesota will counter with Lane Lynn, who has also been pitching well of late, but has really struggled away from home. Lynn owns a miserable 7.12 ERA and 1.912 WHIP in 6 road starts this season

Twins are just 2-7 in their last 9 road games and 1-4 in their last 5 road games vs a team with a winning home record. Tigers are 4-1 in their last 5 home games vs a team with a losing record and 14-4 in Fulmer's last 18 starts during game 3 of a series. Take Detroit!

Totals Guru
MLB | MIN vs DET
Play on: UNDER 9 -110

Free Total Annihilator On Twins vs Tigers under 9 -110

Dustin Hawkins
MLB | Twins vs Tigers
Play on: Twins -120

Free Play on Twins -120

Posted : June 14, 2018 9:57 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Kenny Walker
Jun 14 '18, 12:10 PM
MLB | Giants vs Marlins
Play on: Giants -105

Free Pick on Giants

Mark Wilson
MLB | MIN vs DET
Play on: OVER 8½ +100

Free Play on Twins vs Tigers over 8½ +100

Larry Ness
Jun 14 '18, 10:10 PM
MLB | Red Sox vs Mariners
Play on: Red Sox -129

My free play is on the Bos Red Sox at 10:10 ET. The 47-22 Red Sox own MLB's best record after they opened a 10-game road trip by completing a three-game sweep of major league-worst Baltimore, outscoring the Orioles 13-5 to improve to 24-11 away from home. Boston's trek continues with the first contest of a four-game series at the Seattle Mariners on Thursday night. Seattle just finished a three-game sweep of the Los Angeles Angels to remain atop the AL West with a 44-24 record (note: Seattle owns MLB's best moneyline mark at plus-$1751). The Red Sox own MLB's best team BA (.262) plus rank second in runs (5.13 per), OPS (.786) and HRs (99). Speaking of HRs, the Mariners hit 10 in their series sweep of the Angels, including four by Ryon Healy and three by Mitch Haniger, who hit a walk-off two-run shot in Wednesday's 8-6 victory.

Tuesday's pitching matchup features a pair of "big names" in Boston lefty David Price (7-4, 4.00 ERA) and Seattle's Felix Hernandez (6-5, 5.70 ERA). Price won his third straight outing by limiting the Chicago White Sox to two runs and five hits over six innings in Saturday's 4-2 win and has surrendered a combined 12 runs during his six-start unbeaten streak dating back to May 12. Boston is 6-0 in that stretch and is 9-4 (plus-$453) in his 13 starts this season. Price has made seven career starts against the Mariners, posting a 3-1 record and 2.62 ERA while holding them to a collective .204 batting average. "King Felix" followed up his longest outing of the year with his shortest, lasting three innings and permitting six runs (five earned) on seven hits in a 7-3 loss at Tampa Bay. That came right after he beat the Rays 2-1 in his previous outing with eight dominant innings, allowing one run on five hits while matching his season high with seven strikeouts. Hernandez is 8-4 with a 4.01 ERA lifetime versus the Red Sox but he hasn't beaten them since 2014.

I guess the question looms, will it be the good King or the bad King? Will we see the Felix Hernandez who went a season-high eight innings in his last home start against Tampa Bay, giving up just one run on five hits with one walk and seven strikeouts? Or, will it be the King Felix who lasted just three innings on the road Saturday against those same Rays, getting tagged for six runs (five earned) on seven hits to a team that had lost eight straight games? I'm not about to guess and will back Boston and Price, who has led his team to six straight wins, posting a 2.89 ERA. Meanwhile, Hernandez owns a career-worst 5.70 ERA in 2018 and has given up four or more runs in five of his past seven starts. Take the Red Sox.

Good luck...Larry

Sean Murphy
Jun 14 '18, 3:35 PM in 5h
MLB | HOU vs OAK
Play on: UNDER 7½ +102

Thursday MLB Free play. My selection is on the 'under' between Houston and Oakland at 3:35 pm et on Thursday.

We saw a wild, high-scoring game between these two teams last night, with the Astros pacing the way with 13 runs. I expect things to settle down considerably on Thursday afternoon as the 'Stros send Justin Verlander to the hill against Frankie Montas.

Verlander has of course been one of the best pitchers in baseball this season, even if he has stumbled a bit lately. Even though Verlander has allowed five earned runs and issued five walks over his last two outings, he still managed to work six innings in both of those starts, striking out 15 and giving up just eight hits. He gets a bit of a break against the A's here after facing the Yankees, Red Sox and Rangers in his last three outings.

Montas continues to pitch well for the A's. In three starts this season he has gone at least six innings in all three, giving up a grand total of just three earned runs on 16 hits in 21 2/23 innings of work. There's no question he'll be facing a tough task against the red hot Astros bats today, but I'm confident he'll rise to the occasion and I certainly don't expect to witness the type of scoring outburst we saw last night.

Look for things to move along swiftly on getaway day at the ballpark in Oakland. Take the under (8*).

Posted : June 14, 2018 9:59 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Brandon Lee
Jun 14 '18, 2:10 PM in 4h
MLB | CLE vs CWS
Play on: UNDER 8½ -103

10* FREE MLB PICK (Under 8.5)

I'll take my chances here with the Indians and White Sox finishing UNDER the total of 8.5 set by the books. Cleveland will send out Mike Clevinger, who often gets overlooked in the loaded Indians starting rotation. Clevinger is 4-2 with a solid 3.31 ERA and 1.210 WHIP in 13 starts. he's been even better on the road with a 2.43 ERA and 1.082 WHIP in 6 starts away from home. Hard to not like his chances of shutting down a White Sox lineup that has cored 3 or fewer runs in 5 of their last 7 games. I also think we get a strong showing from Chicago starter Carlos Rodon, who pitched well in his debut on the road against the Red Sox. Indians are averaging just 3.6 runs and hitting .243 as a team in their last 7 games. Cleveland also is averaging only 3.9 runs and hitting .228 on the road this season. Give me the UNDER 8.5!

Steve Janus
Jun 14 '18, 10:10 PM in 12h
MLB | BOS vs SEA
Play on: UNDER 8½ -105

1* Free Sharp Play on Red Sox vs Mariners under 8½ -105

I think the books have set the bar too high for Thursday's MLB total between the Red Sox and Mariners. Boston will send out David Price, who has been on quite a run here of late. Price has allowed 3 or fewer earned runs in each of his last 6 starts and is 3-1 with a 2.62 ERA in 7 career starts against the Mariners. Seattle will counter with Felix Hernandez, who has been up and down in 2018. The one thing I like with Hernandez is in his last home start, he allowed just 1 run on 5 hits in 8 innings, continuing a trend of him pitching much better at home than on the road. Bet the UNDER 8.5!

Mike Lundin
Jun 14 '18, 2:10 PM in 4h
MLB | CLE vs CWS
Play on: UNDER 8½ -103

#MLB FREE PICK FROM MIKE LUNDIN

The Cleveland Indians and the Chicago White Sox will wrap up this four-game series today. None of the previous three games have gone over the total, and I expect another low-scoring affair here in the series finale.

Cleveland righty Mike Clevinger (4-2, 3.31 ERA) held the Tigers to two runs on four hits in 6 2/3 frames his last time out. In nine of his 13 starts this year, he has given up three earned runs or fewer and under is 5-2-1 in Clevinger's last eight starts vs. a team with a losing record.

White Sox lefty Carlos Rodon (0-1, 3.60 ERA) will make his second start after spending two-plus months on the disabled list as he recovered from shoulder surgery. Rodon was tagged with four runs (two earned) on six hits in five innings against Boston in his season debut, but he's an impressive 4-1 with a 2.34 ERA in 10 career appearances (nine starts) against Cleveland.

Under is 8-0 in White Sox last 8 vs. a team with a winning record. Under is 11-4 in Rodon's last 15 home starts vs. a team with a winning record.

Free pick on UNDER.

Mike Wynn

Free Play: Free NY Mets/Arizona Under 9 Runs

Posted : June 14, 2018 10:30 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Razor Sharp

YOUR RAZOR SHARP FREE PICK FOR THURSDAY: Take SAN FRANCISCO (Rodriguez) Pick'em over the Miami

Totals4U

Thursday's Free Selection: Boston/Seattle over 8 1/2

John Anthony Sports

Thursday's Free Selection: Houston Astros - 170

Free Selection from Jim Feist

06/14 04:05 PM PT / 7:05 PM ET

MLB (965) TAMPA BAY RAYS VS (966) NEW YORK YANKEES

Take: over

Posted : June 14, 2018 10:32 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Atlantic Sports

Thursday's Free Selection from Atlantic Sports: Edmonton - 7 (CFL)

#1 Sports

Thursday's Free Selection: Tampa Bay Rays + 140

Nevada Sharpshooter

Your free winner for Thursday: Take HOUSTON/OAKLAND OVER the total of 7½ runs

Huddle Up Sports

Free Play: San Francisco Rodriguez -105

Posted : June 14, 2018 10:33 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

Hawkeye Sports

Thursday's Free Pick: Atlanta - 135

Golden Dragon Sports

Free Pick Houston Verlander -169

Arthur Ralph Sports

FREE play: THURS Phillies w/ Velasquez-125

Platinum Plays

Free Pick the Tampa Bay/NY Yankees Game UNDER 8½ Runs

Posted : June 14, 2018 10:34 am
(@shazman)
Member Moderator
Topic starter

The Vegas Steam Line

Your free winner for Thursday: Take BOSTON/SEATTLE UNDER the total of 8½ runs

High Stakes Syndicate

Free Selection for Thursday: Tampa Bay Rays + 150

Sharp Bettor

SharpBettor FREE Play for Thursday, June 14, 2018

06/14 10:05 AM MLB (953) COLORADO ROCKIES (G MARQUEZ - R) VS (954) PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES (V VELASQUEZ - R)

Take : Rockies

Posted : June 14, 2018 10:35 am
Share: