Clear all

Free Picks: Free Service Plays for Wednesday, November 1st, 2017

31 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Free Picks for Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 from some of the nations best and worst handicappers

Posted : November 1, 2017 11:23 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

DAVE COKIN

BUCKS AT HORNETS
PLAY: BUCKS +3.5

The Greek Freak did his thing for the Bucks on Tuesday evening, but his teammates sure didn’t. The rest of the team was 23/62 from the field including only 7/27 on threes. Consequently, Milwaukee ended up getting rolled on its home floor by the Thunder.

The good news is that no one on the Bucks was especially extended in terms of minutes, so I don’t see playing the second of back to backs as a big problem. As it is, the Bucks are on a current 7-1-1 ATS run playing with no rest.

Milwaukee has has the best of it recently in its dealing with the Hornets. Milwaukee has covered six straight visits to Charlotte, and the road team is a resounding 11-2 in the series. The Hornets will undoubtedly be eager to avenge the earlier 103-94 loss at Milwaukee, but I like the way the Bucks match up here and I also like the idea of getting a few points in the bargain. I’ll look to side with Milwaukee plus the number tonight.

Posted : November 1, 2017 11:28 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Marc Lyle

Central Michigan vs. Western Michigan
Play: Over 47½

These 2 teams really do not like each other and I see a high scoring affair here tonight. Both teams can put up points and in these rivalry games both teams come to play. I don't look as much on the defensive stats as normal as both offenses are in kill mode right from the beginning of the game. I see no reason why this game does not hit 50 tonight.

Posted : November 1, 2017 11:29 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jimmy Boyd

Central Michigan vs. Western Michigan
Play: Under 48½

I think we stay well below the mark in Wednesday's MACaction that has in-state rivals Western Michigan and Central Michigan playing for the Victory Cannon. For starters, the conditions aren't going to be ideal with a 70% chance of rain and temps expected in the low 50s.

I also think the matchup and situation will make it tough for both teams to score. Western Michigan will be without starting quarterback Jon Wassink, who suffered a broken collarbone in their last game against Eastern Michigan. The Broncos will turn to true freshman Reece Goddard, who has attempted just 3 passes. I think he will be used more as a running threat and Western Michigan will try to move the ball on the ground. That's perfect for a low-scoring game, as it's going to keep the clock moving and limit possessions.

As for Central Michigan. They come in off a game against Ball State where they put up 59 points. That looks great on paper, but Ball State's defense is atrocious. The Cardinals have allowed 50+ points in 3 of their 4 conference games. Prior to that offensive explosion, the Chippewas had averaged just 15.0 ppg over their previous 5 contests, scoring 17 or less in 4 of the 5. Western Michigan's defense is giving up just 14.7 ppg at home and should have no problem keeping their rivals under 20 points.

UNDER is 9-2 in the Chippewas last 11 when they are listed as an underdog and a perfect 6-0 in their last 6 road games after playing their previous game on the road. UNDER is also 8-0 in Central Michigan's last 8 against a team with a winning record.

Posted : November 1, 2017 11:29 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Ben Burns

Pacers vs. Cavs
Play: Cavs -10

There’s no such thing as a must-win NBA game in November, but the Cavaliers figure to have a little extra resolve in their step in this one after losing three straight – all to mediocre opponents. If LeBron James was steaming after back-to-back road losses to Brooklyn and New Orleans, has to be just about ready to blow now that Cleveland has a defeat at home to the Knicks on their resume. Indiana has surprised at 4-3 SU and 5-2 ATS, but the NBA Superhighway is littered with teams playing the back end of a back-to-back set on the road against a superior opponent. Expect a reversion to the mean in this one with the rested James and the Cavaliers taking control early and covering.

Posted : November 1, 2017 11:30 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Teddy Davis

Atlanta at Philadelphia
Play: Atlanta +8

I think now is the time to back off of the Sixers here. They just got their revenge over the Rockets last game and are in a perfect let down spot here.

They have only played two home games so far this season and lost both of them. I know the Hawks here are nothing special, but this will be their biggest underdog role with starting PG Dennis Schroeder back in the lineup.

Sixers are 0-5 ATS their last 5 home games vs team with a losing record

Posted : November 1, 2017 11:31 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jim Feist

Mavs vs. Clippers
Pick: Over 204.5

Mavericks on their West Coast swing here bring a 1-7 S/U and 2/6 ATS record into this contest. They have to play the 4-2 SU and ATS Clippers tonight. Mavs have a lot of problems finding points these days in a high scoring NBA league. Dallas averages just 98.2 ppg this season and 90.3 on the road. Compare that to the Clippers who average 107.3 overall and 108 at home. The Mavs have a 3-1-1 O/U record their last five games and 11-5 O/U record against the NBA Pacific division. This has been a big over series of late with 11 of the last 16 games in this series going OVER.

Posted : November 1, 2017 11:32 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Buster Sports

Raptors at Nuggets
Play: Raptors +1.5

The Toronto Raptors continue their 6 game road trip with a stop in Denver tonight. At the time of this writing, the nuggets are a small 1 1/2 point favorite and we will be going with the road Raptors here. Toronto are 2-2 on this road trip and have been playing some nice basketball especially in their last game against Portland. The Nuggets are coming off a four-game road trip in 6 nights and we love this situation to go against the home club in their first game back. Toronto swept the season series between the clubs last year and are in great position to take game one this year. The fact that the Road team is 8-2 ATS in the last 10 meetings between the clubs just solidifies our selection.

Posted : November 1, 2017 11:33 am
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Antony Dinero

Hawks vs. 76ers
Play: 76ers -8

As my friend Mike Cunningham points out, Atlanta has been a bottom-10 defensive team despite playing some of the NBA's most questionable offensive teams. Cunningham: "It’s not as if the Hawks have been playing great offensive teams. The Nets are (surprisingly) the only Hawks opponent that ranks in the top third of the league in offensive efficiency (sixth). The others: Bucks (13th), Nuggets (17th), Heat (18th), Mavs (19th), Hornets (22nd) and Bulls (30th)." Going on the road to face a 76ers team that runs effectively and features strong three-point Shooters on the wing and JJ Redick and Robert Covington should spell trouble for the Hawks. Lay the points and ride Philadelphia

Posted : November 1, 2017 12:51 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Chris Jordan

It's the battle of the Cannon Trophy, the Michigan MAC Trophy and annual bragging rights, as the Central Michigan Chippewas and Western Michigan Broncos meet in Kalamazoo.

And while WMU is coming off an overtime win against Eastern Michigan, and CMU denounced Ball State 56-9, the biggest note to make is the Broncos missing Jon Wassink, who suffered a broken collarbone during the Broncos' 20-17 win over EMU, and will miss the rest of the regular season.

Enter true freshman Reece Goddard, who replaced Wassink and engineered the Broncos' game-winning field goal drive in overtime, but now faces an entirely different animal. Starting a game, and having to face a rival that is looking to move up in the standings, it can get rough.

The Chippewas have a lot of experience on defense, and the fact their only two wins over the last six games came on the road, I think the confidence will be there. And for the record, the Broncos' only loss in their last six games was at home.

Central Michigan will attack a defense that has allowed an average of 33 points over its last three games, with an offense that has averaged 30.4 points on the road this season.

For motivation, the Chipps are in triple-revenge tonight, as WMU has won the last three meetings, and are also two wins away from being bowl eligible, and that will drive them as well.

Take the road pup here.

4* Central Michigan

Posted : November 1, 2017 3:37 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tommy Brunson

These teams are capable of combining for an Over, but with Western Michigan QB - Jon Wassink watching from the sidelines with a broken collarbone, going to lean towards the Under in this year's Central Michigan-Western Michigan tussle in Kalamazoo.

Central Michigan did just play over the total against Ball State, but that was largely because they scored 56 points. The Chippewas only allowed 9 points in that lopsided win. Central had played 5 in a row prior to that game, and 6 of their previous 7 this season Under the posted total.

Western Michigan has played their last pair of games Under the total, and the last meeting between these MAC rivals also held Under the total last season in Western's 49-10 win and cover.

Have to believe the Broncs are going to struggle just a little with Wassink not directing the attack.

Central and Western hold Low on Wednesday.

1* CENTRAL MICHIGAN-WESTERN MICHIGAN UNDER

Posted : November 1, 2017 3:38 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Eric Schroeder

My free play for tonight is on the Washington Wizards, who return home from a lengthy trip to see the Western Conference. They're going to exhale and unwind with a blowout win over the Phoenix Suns, while tuning up for a battle with the Cleveland Cavaliers on Friday.

The Wizards split their four-game tour with Sunday's 110-93 rout of the Sacramento Kings, and should be rested and ready to roll for a Suns team that will be exhausted after losing an 18-point lead in the second half at Brooklyn last night, watched the Nets score 17 unanswered points, and then claw back for a 122-114 victory after trailing the Nets by eight points with 6:15 left in the second quarter.

No way you're getting the same effort on the second of back-to-back nights from this team.

Take Washington.

5* WIZARDS

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Joey Juice

So many reasons to bet the over in this game, where do I start?

First of all, pitchers Yu Darvish and Lance McCullers Jr. both combined to give up seven runs in Game Three. Secondly, the bullpens on both sides stinks.

Let's look at the numbers for more reasons. The over is 5-1 in McCullers Jr. last six road starts.

The Astros bullpen has been loose to say the least, they sport a 5.89 ERA in the playoffs, while we have seen a combined 24 home runs in just six games.

More numbers? The over is 7-3 in the Dodgers last ten home games against a right-handed starter.

Go Over in Game Seven.

3* HOUSTON-L.A. DODGERS OVER

(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Jack Brayman

My free play is on the Pittsburgh Penguins on the road at the Edmonton Oilers.

I'm not sure what is going on with Edmonton's 1-2 scoring punch, but it's not working. Even with last season's NHL scoring leader, Connor McDavid, and Leon Draisaitl, who finished eighth in the points race, the team has scored two goals or fewer in seven of the 10 games.

Edmonton's 22 goals is second-worst in the league.

Now comes Pittsburgh, which has been shuffling the lineup, but has been much better offensively than the Oilers.

I'm not sure how morning skate will go, but I'm sure the Pens are up bright and early and ready behind Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Phil Kessel.

All Pens tonight.

4* PENGUINS

Posted : November 1, 2017 3:39 pm
(@blade)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Brandon Lee

Wolves vs. Pelicans
Play: Over 224

It's hard to put a finger on why the Timberwolves are playing so bad on the defensive side of the ball, but I think you have to keep taking the OVER until we see things start to turn around. The OVER is now 6-0-1 on the season in Minnesota games. They have allowed their opponent to shoot 50% or better from the floor in 4 straight and the best they have done all season is hold an opponent to 46.1%. They have allowed 113 or more in 5 straight and will face a Pelicans offense that has scored 114 or more in 4 of their last 7 games. New Orleans is also struggling on defense, as they have allowed at least 101 points in every game this season. They face a potent Timberwolves offense that has scored 100+ in each of their last 6 games. I think we see 230+ in this one.

Posted : November 1, 2017 3:39 pm
Page 1 / 3
Share: